***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My Story

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

My Story

Postby Hoggy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 pm

For those that care, or have noticed I haven't been on the forum as much as I would have liked. The reason is as follows.... (stay with me it is an incredible story)

About 4 weeks before Christmas I received the great news that my wife was pregnant - we have had problems in the past and this was pregnancy number 4 and we only have the one child.

2 weeks later we went for the first scan and was told it was too early to age the baby or tell if all was well.

Sadly on the eve of Xmas eve my wife started to bleed (as mentioned this wasn't the first time but makes it no easier) so she went to hospital with the images from the previous scan. The doctor told her that there was no baby just a sac and we should have been told this as the scan. As you can imagin we were devistated (was also the day of a friend at homes funeral). The Doctor then recommended that they take it out then and there but Bec decided she would rather go home and wait for it to pass naturally. This obviously put a dampener on our Christmas but we needed to act as normal as possible for Dion, who at 3 was very excited about Christmas.

By boxing day Bec started getting concerned as she hadn't passed the miscarriage and we had been warned about the chance of infection if left inside for too long so we went to a different hospital (one which had a scanning facility to see what was left in) Unfortunately they couldn't do it on the day which prolonged things even more so we went back the following day. Bec was all ready for the op to have what was left removed etc.

Anyway we go for the scan only to find the baby is there and all is well, saw the heart beat, head, arms legs everything. As you can imagin New Year was much better than Xmas!

We are both so happy but very angry with the first hospital that would have removed it then and there if they had there way!!!

So it looks like I WILL be a dad again soon, due date 11th August. Unfortunately this causes another issue, we are all supposed to be in the UK for my little sisters wedding on 15th August!!

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:23 pm

well congrats man, cant think of a better new year then that.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:25 pm

spunkybob wrote:well congrats man, cant think of a better new year then that.

Cheers mate, fingers crossed all works out with the rest of the pregnancy. Means moving house though, no idea where to move to

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Wow! That is a pretty crazy story and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster I imagine.

I can't believe the first doctor you went back to went off the results of the first scan and wanted to remove what they thought was a miscarriage without doing another scan first! I guess that's why they call it the medical practice! They obviously need to practice it more. :wink:

Have you considered filing a malpractice complaint or anything?
I imagine you probably don't want to go through all that since everything turned out ok, but I'd imagine you have that option if you are really upset with the hospital or the doc.

Good thing your wife wanted to let things happen naturally! I'm happy for you bro! Good ending to a rough holiday, and what a way to start the new year! Congrats!

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Cheers Bobcat. We don't really want to get the doctor in trouble but are going to see her or write to her to let her know she made a mistake. Hopefully that will make her think twice next time

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:03 am

awesome! fingeres crossed HOGGY.... well done...mate.
catchin up to me...

Return to “General Talk”