***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Six Star Solution

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Chantz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Six Star Solution

Postby Chantz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Hello! Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section (is there a car detailing section?) Anyway, has anyone heard of the above company?They did the paint protection and interior protection stuff and tints on my car. BUT.... I have rain spots on my car that I cant seem to get off. I have been told that I cannot use any other product other than theirs and well it's not getting it off! If I do use other products it apparently voids the warranty on the work they have done. My tints are all scratched and they said there must be dirt on the inside of the door panel?? Ha yeah ok....but they said to bring it in next week for a proper look. I am going to speak to them about the spots on my car, but just wanted to know if anyone else had either heard of them or used them and what their rep is like. The dealer I bought my car from uses them.... oh and my car is black yes I know it's torture to keep clean but I still love it!!!
Cheers

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi Chantz, yes I have heard of 6 Star - the dealer tried to convince me to pay extra for it when I got my car about a month ago. No thanks. As for voiding the warranty, you'll need to read the documentation that comes with the protection. It will be a pain, but the devil's in the detail unfortunately.

As for scratched tinting, I have read that's a common problem with CJ lancers. I am looking at getting my windows tinted as well, so anyone that can provide a solution to this known problem would be good. I believe you can get some felt liners to put on something in the door?

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: Six Star Solution

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Chantz wrote:Hello! Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section (is there a car detailing section?) Anyway, has anyone heard of the above company?They did the paint protection and interior protection stuff and tints on my car. BUT.... I have rain spots on my car that I cant seem to get off. I have been told that I cannot use any other product other than theirs and well it's not getting it off! If I do use other products it apparently voids the warranty on the work they have done. My tints are all scratched and they said there must be dirt on the inside of the door panel?? Ha yeah ok....but they said to bring it in next week for a proper look. I am going to speak to them about the spots on my car, but just wanted to know if anyone else had either heard of them or used them and what their rep is like. The dealer I bought my car from uses them.... oh and my car is black yes I know it's torture to keep clean but I still love it!!!
Cheers

I'll agree with you on that, they'll try their best to weasel out of ANY warranty claims, and try to make it your fault. The tiny scratches happened on my windows too, very very fine lines. It's just due to shit quality tints. Did you get the 35% tint from the dealer?

V-Kool V37's are SO much darker then the 35% they gave us. When I have some spare shillings, I'll definately strip out this garbage and get V-Kool.

Rain Spots, I have them too, until I used SOFT 99 wax. Their so called "paint warranty" plan. Screw it, they wont know unless you TELL them you're using other products. Proof? My paint warranty hasn't been affected at all yet. The spots come straight off with SOFT 99, and, prevent it from happening for a while, until the Wax goes off.
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

Chantz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Chantz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Thanks! yep I have read the details and well unfortunately there is not much to them, but I will def have another look just to make sure! Thats it I am going out to buy the product ^ suggested and use it... guess they wont know.

Thanks guys!

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Here is a link to a site that sells a product to help protect your tint.
http://www.tintprotector.com/

Lancerlot
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancerlot » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:58 pm

they should be called 5 1/2 stars lol
My Lancer is my Trusty Steed.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Are we talking about the "X" pack that I/WE got from the dealer? So far mine is perfect and working really well.

Ill have a look at my tints tomorrow for any scratches... cant you claim warranty on the tints if its a legitimate known problem?
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:06 pm

spunkybob wrote:Are we talking about the "X" pack that I/WE got from the dealer? So far mine is perfect and working really well.

Ill have a look at my tints tomorrow for any scratches... cant you claim warranty on the tints if its a legitimate known problem?

the factory 35% or regular tints are garbage bro...

real good tints like V-Kool don't have scratch issues. You could hit them up for warranty. I have the warranty card for my tints, 3 years.

might be a while till you see it happening. its on the windows, when you raise and lower them. very fine lines.
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:12 pm

What I was talking about was the paint protection thing...

>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!

"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Chantz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Chantz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:44 pm

spunkybob wrote:What I was talking about was the paint protection thing...

Sorry one month later.. havent been on this been really busy! But yep it is the same thing. Good news is that my tints are sorted now, took my car in and it's all fixed yay! Still I dont think it should have happened in the first place, and if I had a choice I wouldnt be using them ever.. based on my personal experience.

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:01 am

i had the same probs when i got my car took it back and they sorted it out for me straight away. but everything else is all good now havent had any other troubles
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

Return to “General Talk”