***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue May 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Or maybe it is to do with it being a volvo 5 cylinder and it is an part of the engines personality. It actually does it stock...

But then again, I am sure I probably don't know....

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Tue May 24, 2011 10:30 pm

cheers mate , a little postprocessing in lightroom made a world's difference

tadz0rz wrote:Only you could make a danky garage with a spot light shining on a wheel hub look good.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed May 25, 2011 11:06 am

lancerRA wrote:i put fuel in mine and looked at it and i needs a wash and vac eny offers

When you find someone to wash it send them to me :) I have to do mine today so that the nice man and stick something else on it tomorrow and it's pissing down raining. There's mud up the side where I went through roadworks the other day in the spot that they need clean :( Argghhhh

They're putting another plastic guard on it where the guy who put it on two weeks ago stuffed it and so they had to order a new one. Don't know about sticking plastic sheets to the side of my car but it's right where the stone chips seem to be so I'd rather have plastic stuff than stone chips. They also touched up a heap of chips last time. There's a massive one on my bumper around the side a bit that I might get them onto tomorrow as well.

Honestly I wish the Jap car companies would get over this environmentally friendly paint that they have been using and use something that doesn't chip so easily. And it's not actually even chipping. It's just gouging like you see on cheap nailpolish because chipping is more what happens when something is hard but this stuff isn't actually hard as such. It's really soft paint. My late old spray painter Dad would freak if he saw the paint job on my Lancer.

Cami_Kaze
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Cami_Kaze » Wed May 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh good i'm not the only one who is in pain over the stone chips!! Between the back door and rear tyre is especially bad...
Kinda looks like white dirt on my black car :(

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed May 25, 2011 1:33 pm

This Happened:

So I had to buy two new tires (my front left tire was wearing unevenly for some reason)

So now i have some ugly tires on the front and the old yoko's on the back.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 pm

shoot! what happened lukas??
燒

BrownSound
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BrownSound » Wed May 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Where these those refurbished tires you can get real cheap?

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Cami_Kaze wrote:Oh good i'm not the only one who is in pain over the stone chips!! Between the back door and rear tyre is especially bad...
Kinda looks like white dirt on my black car :(

Yeah that's where they've stuck this plastic stuff and just on the bottom of the door. When I went through a puddle the other day the mud was flung up in the exact spot they covered. The guy who is putting it on was pissed off that they didn't put it on when I got the car BEFORE it was covered in chips.

I've washed it now and waxed it with one of those spray on while it's wet and chamois it dry jobs. It's all shiny now :) The guy at the mechanics uses it on his show cars. Hopefully the rain has gone now. It was still raining when I started washing but stopped. The car is in the car port now.

Yesterday it was hailing and coming in through the side of the car port onto the passenger side of my car. Nasty stuff. Didn't do any damage though.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Envoke wrote:This Happened:

So I had to buy two new tires (my front left tire was wearing unevenly for some reason)

So now i have some ugly tires on the front and the old yoko's on the back.

I would be looking a getting them replaced under warranty.

Tyres should not do that.

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

I had a sliver of steel or something in the rear left hand tire and didnt notice the deflation. The explosion did wake me up though when the car started limping so that's my fault in not noticing i guess haha.

Luckily the rim is in perfect condition and there is no damage, the tires i got were hercules brand at $115 a tire. Despite being fairly dang ugly, these tires grip much nicer and are less noisy.

Didnt fancy buying dunlops now since im keen on upgrading to 18" rims.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

emmet-93
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby emmet-93 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:32 pm

i planned on doing something on my car today, instead i found a dint on my front bonnet and nearly cried! (and by cried i mean did something masculin that definetly did not show any vulnerability at all :P)

BrownSound
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BrownSound » Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 pm

emmet-93 wrote:i planned on doing something on my car today, instead i found a dint on my front bonnet and nearly cried! (and by cried i mean did something masculin that definetly did not show any vulnerability at all :P)

I did the masculine thing and not show and vulnerability at all too when I found a large scratch on my driver door... which I have to see every single time I approach the car.....

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I would have been bawling my eyes out if I saw a dent or scratch on my baby :(

I still get upset when it have to look at the passenger side of my 121 Bubble. Eldest son ran into the gate on his Ls when his father took him driving one day (the day before my birthday Happy Birthday Mummy) and my youngest ran into a telegraph pole in exactly the same spot last month on her Ps. It's horrible. And then some little toerag keyed it right down the passenger side one day when it was up at school when the eldest took it one day. I cried every time. Unfortunately I have to look at it every day because it sits right outside the front gate looking at you. Hubby won't get it fixed cause he reckons it's not worth it. It is to me. It's part of the family. Could be why nobody is allowed to touch my car. Every dent on the other one was done by someone else.

emmet-93
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby emmet-93 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm gunna try get help to fix it, and if it doesn't work I'm going to pay to get it fixed.
the car is only like 4 months old, it is TOO SOON TO GET A DINT AND/OR SCRATCH!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Mine was 8 at the time and it was still to soon for it to get a dent.

Return to “General Talk”