***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Oops! P-RANG!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Oops! P-RANG!

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:00 am

Yeah yeah No 'I told you so's'...    So - second day on the new job - as a delivery driver for a local franchise of Dominos (pizza joint for the benefit of non-Aussies) - and whilst pulling out of the parking lot, looking left right left right left GO, and just as a pull out this car materialises from NOWHERE and rams into me. I'm in shock, just sort of let car roll...realise I've rolled onto the wrong side of the road and flick hazards on and quickly slip it to the hard shoulder around the corner.    I get out to survey damage - its not too bad (anyone know the replacement cost for just about everything from front left tyre to about halfway down the front door?) but the other guys car has a bit of a dent in the front corner. Lucky for me he'd seen me and braked hard - although it still felt f'ing hard when he hit me. It's clearly my fault, I didnt see the guy and pulled out, technically failure to give way, although I'm sure I looked a hundred times..maybe reflection off the windscreen of the SatNav masked him or something (its the only thing that was different in the car to how I usually drive, Dad lent me the SatNav for work) ..     I just felt a need to write all that up..Im still in shock 5 hours later..Comment all u want but yeah.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:34 am

I am not going to critsize you,
shit happen's buddy..
thank god for insurance...

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:23 am

That sucks Josh! Sorry to hear that happened.

Is the damage just to the fender and door?

I looked into the price for a new fender since I damaged mine backing out of my driveway after only having the car for 3 days. lol I was looking the opposite way while backing up and turned the wheel and caught my fender on my friends car. I was pretty upset. I still haven't gotten it fixed, but it inspired me to take autobody repair classes, so I might end up fixing it myself.

Anyway a new fender is about $150-$170 USD and doesn't include paint.

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 am

fenders over here are in the AUD$400 - $500 range. but i'm not too sure. I've only checked how much a stock hood was. If I were you, I'd just go aftermarket right now... get the insurance to swap payment for OEM fenders and go order a pair of vented ones, like GT-Concept fenders.

anyone wanna hit me on my fender?... i've got post-hit-ideas... :D
Mah Ride: 2006 Hyundai Getz + 08 Lancer Bodykit

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:fenders over here are in the AUD$400 - $500 range. but i'm not too sure. I've only checked how much a stock hood was. If I were you, I'd just go aftermarket right now... get the insurance to swap payment for OEM fenders and go order a pair of vented ones, like GT-Concept fenders.

anyone wanna hit me on my fender?... i've got post-hit-ideas... :D

im parking away from you at the cruise/meet now lol.

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:11 pm

+1 for GT-Concept fenders! Do that!

Which side got hit Josh?

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Bobcat_GTS wrote:+1 for GT-Concept fenders! Do that!

Which side got hit Josh?

:D i'm waiting on Shadows for his iteration of vented fenders first. the GTC ones need too much work to be fitted.

btw... just changed my car insurance from AAMI to JustCar. fucking AAMI only allows ONE modification for under 25's, considering I'm 22. Oh well, I'm paying $1,150 now, but I've got unlimited mods all fully covered!!! even the electronics, evo hood, brakes, rims... everything...!

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:02 pm

yeah i am with Aliance paying too much there, i might try JustCar.
yeah the vented fenders sounds a goer.

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Phoenix wrote::D i'm waiting on Shadows for his iteration of vented fenders first. the GTC ones need too much work to be fitted.

Good to know. I may just try to add my own fender vents using the trim for the Evo X, but I also want to see what Shadows has up his sleeve first.

We have to watch the F-Bombs Phoenix. :wink: lol

whitlam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby whitlam » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Phoenix wrote:btw... just changed my car insurance from AAMI to JustCar. fucking AAMI only allows ONE modification for under 25's, considering I'm 22. Oh well, I'm paying $1,150 now, but I've got unlimited mods all fully covered!!! even the electronics, evo hood, brakes, rims... everything...!

That's interesting as Just Car is underwritten by AAMI

Phoenix
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

yes... PLEASE... *hint hint* someone hit my fenders... *cough* *cough*... but please dont hit anything else! LOL!

Whitlam - yeah, AAMI underwrites JustCar, but for under 25's its cheaper to go with JC then AAMI. unless if I keep it stock, then I only pay $1,050 for AAMI. but they allow only 1 mod... since i'm modding it up, i rather pay the $100 more and have everything securified, dont u think? :D

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:26 pm

I know how you feel Josh i had my car for two weeks and i was in traffic it was wet a guy pulled into the left hand lane behind me and rear ended me said his brakes locked up which was bullshit lol, but got car back so fast cause i do mechanical work for the local JC insurance smash repairers lol
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

Lancerlot
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Lancerlot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:54 pm

bummer josh, hope you fix it up soon.
My Lancer is my Trusty Steed.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:40 pm

I realised today he was actually being physically blocked by the SatNav - it widended the blindspot on the drivers side A-pillar and I failed to compnsate for it basically.
Oh well, shit happens. I was lucky, the guy had a heart and realised a) I wouldnt have pulled out if I'd seen him and b) I was in massive shock at the time.

Return to “General Talk”