***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Delaying a speeding ticket

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:01 pm

yer but they have to prove it first is what im getting at and they don't really go out to prove it was someone else.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 pm

There are many ways to get out of receiving demerit points. As others have said you can try taking it to court, but unlikely to succeed and would be expensive. What a lot of wealthy people do is register their cars in business name. When a camera speeding fine is sent to the business owner it has an extra fee that needs to be paid unless the driver is nominated. They pay the 2 fines and no demerit points are received.
Of coarse the best option is to stick to the legal limit. When I was young my cars were registered in my parents name as this saved on insurance costs. I think if I got a speeding fine Dad would have taken my car away. I was more scared of him then the law. Saying that my fist car was a Morris Minor 1000 and speeding was more an achievement. No where near the power of a Lancer. :lol:

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Blakey wrote:yer but they have to prove it first is what im getting at and they don't really go out to prove it was someone else.
Ah, the old, "it ain't illegal until you get caught" rule. :wink: I know that one well for many other matters. LOLz. Still doesn't make it right. Besides, Santa will know. :shock:
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Only real option is to stretch it out in court and pay court costs. I was able to stretch one out to 56 weeks. Points get back dated to time of offence, any suspensions start at time of offence so you've already covered your six month suspension while still driving.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

redlancer08
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby redlancer08 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 pm

i think thats a good idea if your able to stretch it out/pay court costs.
i got a month to go till i get my license back..was doing over *** in a 100 zone. n got 6 months but i didnt fight for the suspension time to reduce coz they said lucky i only got 6 months for the speed i was doing.

*EDIT by SNR Moderator* - Please dont mention excessive speeds here,lead by example :evil:

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 pm

FYI redlancer08 you shouldn't really say the speed you were doing, it can be something other users may not like to see (I'm fine with it but others may not be)

but with doing that much over 6 months is very lucky indeed!

In WA that would be considered hoonlaw, you'd be fined, taken to court, have your car impounded, marked as a hoon and have reckless driving on your record. - not fun at all :p
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

redlancer08
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby redlancer08 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:38 pm

sorry. thanks..

Return to “General Talk”