***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Should I Get an iPhone?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

i love my iphone

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 pm

iphone is not that good i had one and gave it to a mate got the new nokia N97 in white when they came out 5mp camera with video 38gig of inbuilt memory with exandable option so skies the limit i have never looked back and its a touch screen

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

ANDROS
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ANDROS » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

driftnut(( wrote:iphone is not that good i had one and gave it to a mate got the new nokia N97 in white when they came out 5mp camera with video 38gig of inbuilt memory with exandable option so skies the limit i have never looked back and its a touch screen

n97 is a massive FAIL ...nokia has had massive problems...

i know atleast 5 ppl who have had to return it 3 times to be repaired /replaced.... and this is a very common problem...

http://www.nokiaphoneblog.com/?p=2131

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:16 pm

I agree with Andros here. My friend recently got an n97 and even tho he won't firectly admit it (cos it's his phone), i get the impression that it's a peice of sh!t. His phone freezes very often for no apparent reason, and he has to take his battery out and re-insert to fix it. Nokia's version of an "app store" is apparently still in its "babying stages" (So if you got it, it would be shit, and like that for quite some time). Half the sj!t in a nokia is useless for you, like conference call and heaps of other stuff i can't rewmember cos it was useless to me.... OMG CARL ZEUS LENSE WOW!... DW nout that who cares, also dw bout mp, mp really only means how much ytou can blow a pic up.

Up until my ipbone all i swore by was nokias, and since i've bought an iphone it's been a helluvalot better. Interface is better, and everything is better in general. If you're like wahhhh everyone has an iphonem it's because IPHONE WORKS! There's no need to fail in order to be different.

Also if you think an iphone is missing somthing, THERE IS AN APP FOR ALMOST ANYTHING!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:21 pm

So then there is an app to turn an iPhone into a Nokia then

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

mitch.honey
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mitch.honey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:28 pm

probs it has everything
i love my iphone
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #2

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 pm

where can i find out to jailbreak my ipod touch 2.2.1? :(

Edit: ok.. im being lazy.. dun answer me,...
Last edited by milobob on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 pm

The thing people like about Nokias is when they dont work you throw them at the wall, take out the battery, put back in the battery and it works. If you tried that with an iPhone it would go like throw at wall, take to Apple store buy new phone.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Spewman
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Spewman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm

@ Speedie, i said there is an app for almost everything. I don't think anyone has developed an app to turn the iphone into a puddle of fermented piss :) Goodnight

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:57 am

Good thing with Nokias that run S60 OS isyou don't need to use the ghey Ovi Store... You can just load any app on you like... And there is more S60 apps then there ever will be for iPhone.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 am

I am a recent convert to an iPhone and have been very anti-Apple for years.... (basically since the Apple2C computer for those born in the 70's).

Anyhow, I bought the 32G 3GS model and am astounded how simple it is to use. Also, some of the apps are garbage, but at least you only pay a paltry sum for them... But there is one worth mentioning. Dynolicious!!!

You can set it up and it uses the multiple accelerometers within and A-GPS to manage a dyno-like output to the screen. It measures your 0-100 times and (if you input stats on your car; like weight and powertrain losses etc) you get your kilowatts displayed (atw). I have used it a few times to get my standing 0-100 time, my 1/8th and 1/4 mile runs...

I think the application cost $12, but have used it more than 12 times, so it is useful.

People might doubt its efficacy or accuracy (but let me say, its addictive and fairly on-the-money).

I regularly drag my bikes at Warwick and Stanthorpe and compared my times (both 60ft and 1/8th mile times), those taken by the phone strapped to the bike and compared them to the time slips recorded at the drags. They were pretty much spot on (within 4% at worst).

I also like some of the mindless games.

Ok, so you cannot use MMS, I never did on my Samsung S8300 Ultra Touch, so I guess need it now anyway. Yes, there are phones, like the Samsung range, which have 8mp cameras (the newest Samsungs have 720p HD video recording too!). But the images are ok. If you need your phone to be equal to a $1000 camera, then don't buy an iPhone.

The ONE and ONLY thing that I think Apple screwed up big-time on.. is A2DP. Why would a manufacturer of this stature not put in STEREO Bluetooth?!?!?!?!?

Every jukebox phone (and I mean every other MP3 capable phone) has this feature. My Sony bluetooth headset sounds a bit flat now, luckily I still have my Sony MP3 if I want truly great sound whilst exercising.

Others may see that the battery (short life and no ability to self-change) is another achilles heel for Apple, it is, but we will see how long the battery lasts. I have mine connected in the car in a dock. The KCA-IP301V cable goes directly into the back of my Kenwood DDX-8034BT 7" touch screen, so all features should be available via the interface.

Although, I cannot make my stored videos (like music videos) to play on the touch screen. It is compatible and I have the correct cable. I just am not sure where to store (or how to) the videos in the appropriate folder system on the iPhone to allow them to be seen on the Kenwood. I have them on the iPhone and they play independently, but the video button on the iPod player is not found on the Kenwood interface. Anyone?

Thanks for reading my rant, trust me Dynolicious FTW!!!!

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:51 am

ImageImageImage

WallyD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby WallyD » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:26 pm

tryg, my 3Ghas MMS, your should have it too, also, in order to get good battery life(in hours), turn off the fetch setting on the email setup, this gets the phone to connect to the internet every xx minutes to fetch for mail. I just connect to it when I want and have found that the battery lasts for days.

I love my lancer/iphone

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the free pogostick UI?
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Return to “General Talk”