***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Battery Chargers and Jump Starters

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Battery Chargers and Jump Starters

Postby VRXblack » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:00 pm

Hey Guys
yesterday had an issue with my battery going completely flat after leaving it in the garage for 2 weeks(very weird). ended up getting a jump start from RAA to get me going and took it to a mates house cause he had a battery charger specific to the gel type batteries.

decided to invest in one but wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations by any chance? wouldn't mind getting one that could charge a flat battery but also would be handy to throw in the boot for those car trips that can give me a jump if i ever needed one.

Cheers
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

awood
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Battery Chargers and Jump Starters

Postby awood » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:55 pm

I got a CTEK branded smart charger.
Can leave it connected and it will moniter and charge your battery as necessary next time you leave the car for two weeks.

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Re: Battery Chargers and Jump Starters

Postby VRXblack » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:20 am

Hi All

Thought i would give a quick update. So after my battery being drained again, decided to take my car to an auto electrician to see if they would figure out what was happening. They eventually figured out that the factory bluetooth module was faulty, but just enough to cause a very slow drain of the battery. Makes sense why i could use it for about a week before having to call RAA out again.

Either way ordered a ctek battery charger, after so may recommendations, for a rainy day.
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

Return to “General Talk”