***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My CJ's, Past, present, potential future?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

My CJ's, Past, present, potential future?

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Hey guys, ive never really done an intro page so i figured i would do a general about me and my vehicular plans for now and the future. hence being in the genny discussion page. for those who just want specific timelines, each section has blue writing for past and future (past and present link so yeah) in advance sorry for the spam of images and rambling

PAST
so yeah, as my username depicts im Ronan, 18 and from Sydney, been into cars since a kid, dad's first car was a Cosworth in lime green back in the UK so it ran in the family from there.

10 year old me wanted a Silvia Spec R as my first car, funded by a lottery win and just spunk it on cars, how innocent i was :D

grew up, got a job, got my first car.

2009 CJ VRX Sportback --> a 2.4 litre N/A beast. fluked coming across one with all factory options, MMCS, upgraded sound system, Sub Woofer, Sunroof.

STOCK PICTURES

Started off by FINALLY getting my license, 2nd time lucky and decided for my first splash of cash to be on an exhaust
got a 2.5" dual exit XForce axle-back for $450, which i put on myself with a mates help

then i saved soooo bloody long and got myself some King 18x8 Diesel rims. and officially fell in love with the car

this car became a huge part of my life, through a few rough times mentally i would literally take off my intake, make sure it still... worked i guess? purely to take my mind off things. i then discovered the thing that would give a momentary nickname... parkers (lol)

Im not the biggest fan of Orange/red messing up my blue and black theme. so an ASX cluster was put in after getting the km's changed.
total cost = $300
Finally got the RA intake on after a month of trying to get it delivered, $75 plus 15 delivery from Evo Racing spares in sydney

t i also did some REALLY bright led interior and No. plate lights.\
got some blue DRL quality led lights and wired them up as front footwell lights which i am WELL CHUFFED about.

for those still reading, thanks, i spent time writing this and i really do appreciate you reading through

now for the scary-ish part, the future

eventually, i want to have the clean look and crowd attention like this RA does

this is the plan for my CJ, if you have any suggestions of brands or install tips, please feel free
MODS LIST

VRX Lip --> mate photoshopped the VRX lip on, and i love it AND/OR SKORPION STYLE LIP
Coilovers --> hear MCA Blues are good? probs royally messed up the brand name there lol
Protectant Lip
Upgraded Panel Filter
New Exhaust
*Headers Back*
HID Headlights, contemplating custom or pre made
Talon Diffuser --> found this photo and im in love Image
Tinted Tail Lights (Night Shades) **only the edging, not the actual light housing itself**
Paint Correction and Detail AND/OR respray
Smoked Side Markers
Custom Floor Mats from "fit my car" black high quality carpet with a blue edging or stitching
Re-spray interior trim with a black/blue scheme, undecided which will look better.
--> was thinking black out the plastic trim and have that little silver line on the front plastic trim in blue, or vise versa

- have been thinking about sway bars but i dont know enough about them to know if i want them yet-- any info and suggestions are appreciated

and now the REALLY scary bit, getting rid of the CJ

next year, i start an apprenticeship as a sparkie, and am committed to save consistantly until at least my blacks to get one of my dream cars, either a gloss black, Silvia s15 Spec R, with a GT wing, Jap spec decals and a built motor. pretty much a money pit, i mean, all SR's are moneypits.
then move onto the REAL dream car
OR just get the dream car to start off with... behold
this

Lancer Evolution. would prefer a 9, but am tempted to get an 8 due to lower cost.

this would be my (until mid life crisis strike) my forever car. have an extremely illegally loud exhaust with a VAREX style noise reduction further up the exhaust to prevent police detection. get engineered bags on it. forged internals, bigger turbo. run an INSANE amount of boost to chop any boy racers in their daddies STI, and most importantly, the MOST FILTHY BOV in the history of man kind, real Stutututu.

THEN (yeah im really going all out lol) **edit after post. added in*
me and my best mate are keen on experiencing FWD, AWD and RWD. no i have and will experience 2 of these 3 no matter what path, BUT. PROJECT CAR!
we are looking at getting an MR-2 (N/A or turbo, depending on funds) as a mess around drift car for when we are in "Mexico" haha
my mate is getting a Veloster turbo and i will have either the Silvia or the Evo by then. he works from home with his business so its gonna be a "take whatever car you fancy" type arrangements. going to work? take the evo (gotta go through glenhaven, dural, and Galston Gorge, so corners for dayyys) going to a low-key cruise with the boys? MR-2. want a change of car? Veloster bby

Already been dreaming big. looking at places to rent out at Maraylya - bit of land, huge garage. arnt too fussed about house size as long as we all get our own bedroom, so options are there..

So thats it, for now, hope you had a bit of a laugh and can give a bit of assistance on mods (Like plez), and the opinion on all cars. i really appreciate all the help you guys have and will give me on this forum, my car or my life wouldn't be the same if you guys weren't contributing and telling me what is and isnt illegal **COUGH*** BUMBLEBEE*** hahaha. just kidding bro, dont hurt me :D

will go back through this every now and again to edit and add.
Last edited by Ronan.Butler11 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: My CJ's, Past, present, potential future?

Postby bumblebee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks for post and the info and sharing it with us.

My usual suggestion is to get sound-deadener installed to the vehicle as the road noise inside the cabin is ridiculous. Not all that expensive. Google on "nilrust sound deadener " and talk to your local agent. Mine was under $300 to be done. Reduced road noise immensely. Then check out "stage one " sound deadener by car builders.
Do the whole floor, boot, boot lid, parcel shelf, roof, doors.
Then you can really enjoy your drive

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:33 am

bumblebee wrote:Thanks for post and the info and sharing it with us.

My usual suggestion is to get sound-deadener installed to the vehicle as the road noise inside the cabin is ridiculous. Not all that expensive. Google on "nilrust sound deadener " and talk to your local agent. Mine was under $300 to be done. Reduced road noise immensely. Then check out "stage one " sound deadener by car builders.
Do the whole floor, boot, boot lid, parcel shelf, roof, doors.
Then you can really enjoy your drive

Yeah i have been thinking about this since i got the car, i did a few hwy drives to ACT and back and i couldn't hear my exhaust sitting at 90 in 4th (Accelerating at an on ramp) will definetly do floor, and apparently wheel wells are a thing to do?

im not too sure about the boot, wouldnt mind still hearing the exhaust a bit more, if that would make a difference
Thanks for the suggestion

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Absolutely get the wheel arches done. I got all the underneath of my lancer sprayed with sound deadener. Google on "nilrust sound deadener " i found their local agents and they did it it for under $300
And then i had the whole interor removed and "stage one" sound deadener layed on the interior of the entire car including the roof.
Want to hear the exhaust more
Wind down the window

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Just had a look at their website, definitely on the to-do list now

roughly how long was the stage 1 process done in?

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Laying of the stage one sound deadener was a few days
Simply cos it wouldnt stick to the floor
What was cos the floor wasnt squeaky clean.
Had to wash the interior floor a few times and get it totally dry before laying down the sheets.
Getting the floor washed and dry enough to get the sheets to stick took 2 days alone.
Took another 3 days to get the interior of the car done.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Hahahaha great write up bro! Got yourself a fine sports back! I know for myself ct auto parts have a good set of headlights, unfortunately I don't they tail lights for the sports back, for the exhaust a swapped cat it always a good choice for our cars, got a 200 sel cat and damn did i feel the difference after! keen to see the car progress into the future, and it’s good to see another member with bigger project goals too! as much as i love my CJ i feel like my next big upgrade would be the wrx/ type r hahaha
We are all in it for the fun!

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 pm

As another 18 year old, my plans for the future is a stealthed-out 4b11t- Blacked out intercooler and piping etc as I’ll be on my P2’s :D
I’m going to be getting my dream drift/show (undecided on which one lol) car when I get my blacks (which is a 1998 Silvia S13) so my daily will be the Lancer with a 4b11t, hopefully pushing into the mid 200kw’s which I believe is plenty to have fun on the roads (legally).
My list of to-do’s is pretty much the same as you ronan, and Reece.
Look forward to seeing what happens with both of your builds!!
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

ReidVR wrote:As another 18 year old, my plans for the future is a stealthed-out 4b11t- Blacked out intercooler and piping etc as I’ll be on my P2’s :D
I’m going to be getting my dream drift/show (undecided on which one lol) car when I get my blacks (which is a 1998 Silvia S13) so my daily will be the Lancer with a 4b11t, hopefully pushing into the mid 200kw’s which I believe is plenty to have fun on the roads (legally).

Same here dude, me and a mate are going halves on an MR-2 when we move in together as a screw around with. hopefully i have my evo, hes gonna have a veloster turbo running crazy boost. the FWD, AWD and RWD combo will be amazing

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Ronan.Butler11 wrote:
ReidVR wrote:As another 18 year old, my plans for the future is a stealthed-out 4b11t- Blacked out intercooler and piping etc as I’ll be on my P2’s :D

Same here dude, me and a mate are going halves on an MR-2 when we move in together as a screw around with. hopefully i have my evo, hes gonna have a veloster turbo running crazy boost. the FWD, AWD and RWD combo will be amazing

Ahhh that’d be so sick, MR-2’s are crazy fun to drive
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 pm

ReidVR wrote:
Ronan.Butler11 wrote:

Ahhh that’d be so sick, MR-2’s are crazy fun to drive

Crazy dangerous too if something were to happen, we already have a list of do's and dont's for the car, we dont even own it yet lol

that Silvia would be sick as both show and drift if that was possible. have show car quality then take off front and rear bumper when drifting. cheaper than owning both a show car and a drifter. provided you dont hit anyone tandeming or hit a wall your show car quality will still be there

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Very true, I could always pass it as a “drift missile” style show car! Haha
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 pm

ive seen some like that dude, they look mint. one guy at Nulon nationals has a purple wrapped STI hatch, show car 100% clean as engine bay, turbo the size of your head.

they handed out his awards (lots of em) and everyone kinda moved to the skid pad to watch the others

you hear this rev bashing coming from the start line, and the same guy comes flying into the first corner, soaking wet track just spinning, hitting limiter and all. the respect i had for that guy hahaha

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm

***EDITED***
put in details on my ASX cluster, photos of the footwell and dome lights, then a bit more info on my future plan (there is another car i want hahaha)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:41 pm

***NEW EDIT 1/1/2018***

A mate of mine is handy with photoshop, and he put a photo with the VRX centre lip on, its subtle, but i love it. looks like im going VRX lip instead of scorpion!

this also means i can be less worried about lowering it

Also, for those with a Talon diffuser, any chance you could give us a heads up on the dimensions of the exhaust holes, thinking my tips have to be cut of and re-welded when i put it on

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

Return to “General Talk”