***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

the "new" evo SUV

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

the "new" evo SUV

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 pm

so apparently as of today i've been seeing articles posted all over google and facebook about yet another mitsubishi SUV project wanting to hit the market, and this time they're using the evolution name in front of it, here are some articles on the matter, what's everyone's thoughts about this?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.drive ... 65253.html

https://www.motoring.com.au/mitsubishi- ... uv-109080/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.roada ... n-concept/

i for one feel pretty let down and disappointed that mitsubishi are continuing the SUV trend and letting their smaller cars die slowly whilst companies like KIA, Hyundai and honda are pumping out some interesting sports cars.
We are all in it for the fun!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: the "new" evo SUV

Postby bumblebee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 am

This might explain why on the rear of the evo x it says "final edition "
Sigh
What a pitty.
Brilliance at its best is the Evo X

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:45 am

Man, this is kind of upsetting.

Really not a fan of SUV's but ah well. :(
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

jjb
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jjb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

Mitsy has tried, and seemingly struggled to get a solid footing in the SUV space for ages now, with the Outlander/ ASX/ whatever it used to be called.. They make great small cars/ sedans, but sadly, that's not where the market is anymore - Everybody either wants an SUV or a dual cab ute!

It is a real shame though.. Just as its a shame that manual cars seem to be slowly heading to extinction

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

Mitsubishi is kinda 'dead' now that it is part of (owned by) the Nissan/Renault alliance.

At least they are not just re-badging a Pulsar as a Lancer.

jjb
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jjb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:30 am

Mooman wrote:Mitsubishi is kinda 'dead' now that it is part of (owned by) the Nissan/Renault alliance.

At least they are not just re-badging a Pulsar as a Lancer.

Yeah, I didn't even realise that had occurred until I read one of the articles in this thread.. Such a shame!

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am

honestly, here in sydney i see far more 2016+ lancers then the new ASX/outlander range, they should stop following the crowd and benefit there lancer/mirage range rather then getting a hard on from SUVS! outlander, asx, eclipse cross, pajero and now a new evo SUV, i think that's enough SUVS.. if companies are spitting out new sedans/hatches and such like the kia gt stinger, wrx is still kicking, new type r and so much more i think mitsubishi can create a gorgeous and innovating sports sedan..

but eh.. i guess this is just the future of mitsubishi

jjb
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jjb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:honestly, here in sydney i see far more 2016+ lancers then the new ASX/outlander range, they should stop following the crowd and benefit there lancer/mirage range rather then getting a hard on from SUVS!

Haha. Yeah, the entire SUV space is very over-crowded as is, and now the luxury dual cab market looks to be heading the same with Mercedes and BMW and others, even getting into it!

I'm sure it will probably cycle around in a few years and smaller cars/ sedans will resurge as well, but yeah, there still are some great small cars around, and I also see plenty of later odel CJ/ CF Lancers around.. To give up on that is to Mitsy's detriment.. But yes, future isn't looking so great for the tri-diamond (sort of) logo :roll:

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am

It is always interesting to see where the future is heading, in the car makers eyes, and as has been said before, everyone is scrambling for an SUV, Ute, or EPV. But to resurrect a prestigious and cult like name as evolution for an SUV is probably pushing it, especially if they think that everyone who owned an EVO is instantly going to jump on this like a fat kid on cake (you can still say things like that in 2017 right?) as it usually back fires.

I enjoy concept cars and motor shows, as there is always something exciting or innovative to check out, but sometimes I think these guys have rocks in their heads. Surely you can't make something a "Final Edition" and then bring the name back, It is like saying "Star Wars Final Edition, Return of the Jedi", and then releasing The force Awakens...
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Is an SUV an SUV or just a station wagon with greater ground clearance? I wouldn't attempt crossing a wet lawn with most111111

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:20 pm

i mean hey it's nice that they're producing new cars but i'm quite sure the typical motor head ain't really interested in a electric SUV with a rally legend name.. even if they would focus their funds on the lancer series.. i mean it's missing real basic things that would rip the market up if it had stuff like applecare play, an actual fkin aux slot, lane detection, heated seats and so much to name.. i knew buying mine the car was lacking what cars like mazda and honda have but you can't really beat the customisation/ample 2.0/2.4 performance NA of the lancers

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:i mean hey it's nice that they're producing new cars but i'm quite sure the typical motor head ain't really interested in a electric SUV with a rally legend name.. even if they would focus their funds on the lancer series.. i mean it's missing real basic things that would rip the market up if it had stuff like applecare play, an actual fkin aux slot, lane detection, heated seats and so much to name.. i knew buying mine the car was lacking what cars like mazda and honda have but you can't really beat the customisation/ample 2.0/2.4 performance NA of the lancers

At the price and well above and in the same specifications, you get a hell of a lot less, depending on make, like steel wheels, no carpets,no rear view mirror,rear drum breaks or in the case of our base model, none of them get side skirts and a rear wing.

Our lancer may be noisy and an old carry over but it still beats the hell out of the opposition for my money!!!!!!!!
Anything that doesn't give you what you want, can give you the pleasure of playing with and modifying to your own preferences
cost offset by the money you saved when you decided to buy one of these lovable machines. :D

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

that's true, tbh the main competitor for the lancers is the honda civic and new mazda series, price of a gsr 27k the competition gets rough

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:15 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:that's true, tbh the main competitor for the lancers is the honda civic and new mazda series, price of a gsr 27k the competition gets rough

Civic gutless or comparatively speaking very expensive,and still not as good as an RA was. :D

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm

oh yeah performance wise the civics are horrid! i had a rolling start with my 2.4 and his VTI to 100km and omg was it slow, but tech wise they’re far ahead then us

Return to “General Talk”