***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Youth these days...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Youth these days...

Postby Quismiff » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

[rant] Parked at Westfield Fountaingate last night, in Melbournes South East, car had been parked there from 7:20pm, I'd been out to the car about 20 minutes later to put some stuff in the boot and it was okay then, but about 30 minutes later after finishing our shopping we come back to my car surrounded by security and one of them on the phone to the Police, with the images below to share what my car now looked like...

The security patrol said they'd been there for about an hour at 8:45pm, and we were still waiting for the police, so the guard rang ahead to the local police station to let them know we were coming to make a report, (we later found out that there was an armed robbery in Hampton park which could be why we never saw a patrol car) Off to the cop shop to make a police report, which was another experience in itself, and the great news that the chance of charging anyone without definite proof of the person dropping the jars of sauce on my car, there wasn't much hope of getting a chance to ring someones' neck for this... After a quick hose down with the wash yourself car wash across the road from the cop shop (convenient right :roll: ) this is what we can see...

Dent in the roof
Paint scratches around said Dent
Decent shatter in the Windscreen
Couple of the worst paint chips in the bonnet

We were parked next to a second level car park which was a good 30 feet up, and my guess is they would have done this to any car, they just happened to see one with a sunroof and decided to have a go at hitting it. All we can hope for is who ever is responsible for this gets their Karma right...

Three things from this, one, never going to Westfield Fountaingate again (there was an AUS CJ, CJ Lancer parked undercover, wonder if he knew), two, always going to park under cover and as close to security cameras as possible, and three, a hard lesson in insurance that even if it is Malicious damage that you had no control over and wasn't your fault, you still have to fork out your excess till the punks are charged or they have someone they can chase for the excess... (which isn't bloody likely)[/rant]
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Youth these days...

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

things like this make feel so furiously angry.. i hope those idiots get what's coming to them, what a bunch of ****heads
We are all in it for the fun!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am

Hate this shit, but so lucky it didn't go through the sunroof. This is why I always try parking where there is no spots above where this can happen, either a deliberate act or by accident.

If it was one item then maybe an accident, something falling out of a bag but they clearly followed up with a 2nd item. But seriously who is spending good money on food just to chuck it at cars. Would not be surprised if they stole it or mugged someone. Hope they get caught or karma finds them!

Bright side you get a new windscreen and fresh paint on the roof.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 am

What a shame.So lucky they didn't break the sunroof glass.I just don't know what goes through the minds of some people.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:
things like this make feel so furiously angry.. i hope those idiots get what's coming to them, what a bunch of ****heads

It is infuriating I agree, and I do hope that they get what they deserve, but they are a product of the revolving door justice system, as they are powerless to discipline them...

Lancer1993 wrote:Hate this shit, but so lucky it didn't go through the sunroof. This is why I always try parking where there is no spots above where this can happen, either a deliberate act or by accident.

If it was one item then maybe an accident, something falling out of a bag but they clearly followed up with a 2nd item. But seriously who is spending good money on food just to chuck it at cars. Would not be surprised if they stole it or mugged someone. Hope they get caught or karma finds them!

Bright side you get a new windscreen and fresh paint on the roof.

I normally would too, and we were grateful that the sunroof was missed, don't need the car stinking of that s@#! till I get it sorted. I imagine they would be on camera at Coles stealing the items splattered on my car, so they may get them for the theft at least. This is the first time we've parked where this was a scenario that could happen, and now it is the last. That is the bright side, and in a way $750 for the excess for the repairs I get is a better than having to pay what it could potentially cost, it just depends on whether the assessor deems the damage on the bonnet enough to get that sprayed too... wonder if I can squeeze the whole car out of them :roll:

lancerdarryl wrote:
What a shame.So lucky they didn't break the sunroof glass.I just don't know what goes through the minds of some people.

it is the group mentality unfortunately, they'll do what ever someone suggests to look cool in front of friends, could have been initiation, could have been bored teens, could have been trying to get rid of the evidence they stole and not known they'd hit a car, or any number of other scenarios, it is safe to say that if I hadn't had the sunroof, the car may have been spared, but at the same time this sort of thing shouldn't be something we need to think about, and it shouldn't happen to anyone...
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

jjb
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jjb » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Quismiff wrote:That is the bright side, and in a way $750 for the excess for the repairs I get is a better than having to pay what it could potentially cost, it just depends on whether the assessor deems the damage on the bonnet enough to get that sprayed too... wonder if I can squeeze the whole car out of them :roll:

Yeah, the excess will definitely be cheaper than the sum total of the work itself, but... Making the claim will probably go against your No Claim Discount/ affect your next Premium, i think.. Not much you can do about that, though

End of the day, that is such a rotten act by a/ a bunch of scumbags, and yes, all you can do is hope that they get some karma, and don't do that crap to anyone else (not that it should've even happened in the first place!)

But yes, hopefully the Repairer can do a nice job on the repairs. Maybe need to redo the whole body, just to ensure it all colour matches perfectly :lol:

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Probably a joke to be made about Fountain Gate and how it's used in Kath and Kim but I'll stay civil...

That has to be one of the most dog acts I've seen done to a car, only slightly better than dropping rocks from a freeway overpass. I hope you don't have any issues with insurance and being on the private land of a shopping centre car park (Police report should help).

But think of it this way, if Trump and Kim Jong cause WW3 than youth like that may end up conscripted to fight. Karma does have a way of working and restoring balance, may not happen immediately, hopefully someone causes wanton damage to their pride and joy in a few years time.

Don't let the experience change you too much, can't let the terrorists (read Dickheads) win.

On the bright side all damage is external and can be repaired, nothing worse than knowing people intruded into your personal space. Once back from insurance it'll be like having a new car again.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:23 pm

When I first saw the pics I thought it was paint, in that case it might have damaged the other panels so needing a total respray.

This reminds me of my CJ accident about a year ago, it's not that it happened its the inconvenience of not having your car for a week or so.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:39 pm

I agree jjb, thankfully I have something where it doesn't affect my no claims bonus, so I'm always a rating 1, I'll ask the cheeky question about getting a couple of the other dents fixed up when I take it to the assessor on Tuesday :twisted: .

I agree Mooman, nothing worse than having your possessions rifled through and the feeling of violation that comes with it... The wife and I have decided we'll just stay away from Fountaingate, as you say it seems to have nothing but bad press about it, and is the butt of more than enough jokes. Time to go up market and do my shopping at Chaddy :rofl:

this is true Lancer1993, I went full comprehensive so I get a rental car while my car is off the road and taxi fare is covered from the repairer to the hire car point, was a huge help when my Magna got written off earlier this year. I kinda wish it was paint, I'd just cleaned the car and it would probably have just peeled off once dry.

An update, the security footage didn't help in anyway (didn't really expect it to), they couldn't see anything, so I guess I just wait for the police report to come in the mail... and say bye bye to any chance of having the excess covered by the perpetrator(s)
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Wow some people are just idiots! I myself have fitted front and rear dashcams to my car which record when the car is off on movement or a force! Might be worth investing in, not cheap but may save you money in the long run!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 am

Dash cams are a good idea but in this case unless one was pointed up through the sunroof it probably wouldn't have caught anything.

I'm through AAMI, been with them for years and they were great with my crash, one call is all it took to get things moving. 22.5 hours after the crash my car was at the repairer to start the work! Got it back about 9 days later. I did have the offer of a free hire car but decided to borrow the parents one for the week.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am

Very sad to see stuff like this.
Im not sure if a dash cam would have helped in this situation. I know they need a decent bump to wake them up im not sure if this would have been significantly big enough to do so

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

damn bro, that sucks!
hope they catch the prick/s that did it, absolutely disgusting! makes you not want to take your prized possession anywhere!
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:10 am

bumblebee wrote:Very sad to see stuff like this.
Im not sure if a dash cam would have helped in this situation. I know they need a decent bump to wake them up im not sure if this would have been significantly big enough to do so

Mine would have woken up, you can adjust the sensitivity, mine wakes up when it feels a large vehicle drive past that's how sensitive they can be! It is still worth having if someone happens to hit your car in a car park! I installed one after having these issues!

Return to “General Talk”