***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Youth these days...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Youth these days...

Postby bumblebee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm

I have just installed a blackvue r450 into my vehicle. Im having a look thru the settings etc now. Never owned one before so doing some reading and learing with it

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Doesn't matter if its woken up if the object comes from above as the cameras only point forward or back... not up!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:47 am

Just another update :)

Took it to Ross, a local Panel Beater around the corner from where I work yesterday, he is pretty legit and straight up as he borrows tools and machinery off the boss here, His estimate came out at $2700 all up for repairs and replacing parts and spraying the roof and bonnet.

Dropped in to RMA Dandenong today, got the same guy that quoted "repairs" to my Magna, he talked about most of the same things Ross did, and having to shrink the dent in the roof and blend the paint down into the guards, which I imagine would imply the nose cone as well as that is all a fairly tight fit and will look odd from different angles (I resprayed the front of my Nissan Primera back home and it looked like arse :lol: ), but he will hopefully call me in a couple of days with what their estimate is.

So far it is the dent in the roof, and the bonnet that they'll be repairing and painting, and the new windscreen and sunroof (which costs more than the windscreen). and any remedial work to remove and refit panels, hood linings etc.

Unfortunately from talking about the Magna the assessor has told me that they sand it back enough to key the paint, but they don't spot fill stone chips etc, so it'll still have highway chips, but it won't have little spots of touch up colour all over it, so it shouldn't be as obvious :)
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Return to “General Talk”