***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Snow Chain Recommendation for Lancer

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lancer-noob
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Snow Chain Recommendation for Lancer

Postby lancer-noob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:21 am

Hi all,

I would like to get some recommendations on Snow chain. I've searched it in the form but all posts related to snow chain are archived so I am opening a new one. Please feel free to move if it's not in the right session.

My car is MY16 Lancer ES sport. According to the spec, the wheel size is 16"x6.5J and tyre size: 205/60R16 92H.

I am from VIC. I am planning to go to Falls Creek this month. I might want to visit Mt Donna Buang or Lake Mountain during the winter.

1. What snow brand and model do you recommend for my car? I am looking something safe and not so expensive (maybe $100-$200) I am pretty new to fitting the snow chain so I would like to get something that I can fit easily.

2. Thule, Weissenfels and Auto‑Trac seems to be very expensive ($400++). KONIG, Xswinter and V2 Traction are cheaper. Are they safe and easy to fit?

3. Do you think it's a good idea to get the used snow chain? I would go and try to fit it myself before buying. but I can only check the look and the brand since I don't have much experience with snow chain. but seems like people are selling on ebay or gumtree because they don't use it much.

Return to “General Talk”