***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Buying/Installing Amps & Subs

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MichaelJoseph
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Buying/Installing Amps & Subs

Postby MichaelJoseph » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Hey guys,

I plan on buying an amp but unsure on what to get. I'm buying a pioneer bass bullet of a mate and wanted to know what's the best amp to get and is it worth getting it installed at autobarn for $180 or is there any other locations that can do it cheaper or is it hard to do yourself? My 09 VR already has a head unit so im unsure if that might affect anything like wires and all that.

angus.tamvakas
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Buying/Installing Amps & Subs

Postby angus.tamvakas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 pm

I recently installed a sub and amp into my lancer, all up it cost me $164. I found the 1000w pioneer sub and 900w amp on facebook for $100 and got a wiring kit from Jaycar for $64. all you need to know to do it is strip cables and pull out the interior of your car, super simple.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Buying/Installing Amps & Subs

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:22 am

What's the best amp to buy?
The most expensive one you can afford.
The cheap low end ones sound as cheap as they are priced.
I have lost count of the Amos.over the years that not only I have turned to toast but plenty others have done it to also.
There is only one ampci use now days and been using them for 20 or more years.
This brand of amp ii know for a fact you can run it all day long hot enough to cook and egg on it and it keeps coming back for more.
Alpine
I run Alpine PDX-F6 in the lancer to drive the door speakers and it sounds amazing.
If your going to drop an amp in do the right thing and run the speaker wires from the amp back thru the doors from the amp itself directly.
Do not do like the half ass people do who have NFI and run the wiring for the amp back to the OEM wiring.
Alpine gear is always under rated. They all come with "birth certificate" from the factory and show you the real power they are getting from it . You usually get an extra 10%feom the amp on the birth cert then what it's rated at.
The Alpine d class amps like the F6 are out of this world and well worth every single penny

D class amps is where it is at for audio quality and Alpine has mailed it
There is lots more to it then a decent amp
But without a decent amp you can shove what ever speaker you want off it and. It will always sound like crapola
And there's more to it then that to get it to work very nice

Return to “General Talk”