***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unaccesable pictures

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Unaccesable pictures

Postby sarusa » Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Note on many DIY and some other DIY's pictures appear as a little box with a x in it, which cant be opened.
This makes the post to many members, a matter of very little or absolutely no value.
I understand this problem occurred due to some sort of change to the then format.

So why hasn't that problem been addressed in this all new, debatable! better new format?

Changes take adjusting to and no dought a lot, heaps of time and effort to make this change.
Which will take awhile for us to adjust to and accept.

So my hat is off to all those that have contributed their time and expertise to create this new format.
Hoping all goes well.

THANKS

Kav91
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unaccesable pictures

Postby Kav91 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 am

Hey Sarusa,

Thanks for your feedback! I previously addressed an issue regarding the images, which fixed all as far as I'm aware.

Are you able to provide an example of any threads with missing images, then I can take a closer look :)

However I am pretty sure I know what your experiencing for example in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3018
Lots of broken images! If you right click any of the broken images, and go Open in New tab, or view the image link.
The URL is actually
http://www.godgraham.com/car/howto/07la ... m/0578.jpg
So hosted on some godgraham.com website.

These images are obviously not hosted on clubcj.net, but another hosting provider so we can't do anything about that, I suspect those are were your frustrations are from.

So to confirm that issue is not caused by the new migration at all. But because wherever that user decided to upload their images too, now that hosting provider is no longer serving the images unfortunately.

That scenario we can't do anything, we have successfully retained and migrated all forum posts, and image content that were uploaded to clubcj.net however.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon May 23, 2016 11:01 am

If you used to be able to why cant you do it again?

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon May 23, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm not sure if you understood his post, but as Kav has already said it seems that the image provider is no longer servicing the images anymore. This is out of our control.

ALL images hosted on our server were moved over and should be viewable as normal. Feel free to post links to posts that aren't and we will look into them.

Return to “General Talk”