***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Inactive Members

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Inactive Members

Postby lancerdarryl » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:21 pm

For the past month just out of curiosity I have been checking the status of our members when their birthdays are listed on the home page.I was amazed at the amount of inactive members,probably 90% of the people listed were inactive.In one case a member who had not been online since he joined in 2010 and spent a grand total of 1 minute and 30 seconds on the site.

Do you think it is about time to weed out all the inactive members? I would imagine this would be a fairly time consuming exercise or is there an easy way our backroom people could do it?
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 am

Is there a way to set up automatic emails if someone hasn't visited or posted on the sight for a set time?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:58 am

lancerdarryl wrote:For the past month just out of curiosity I have been checking the status of our members when their birthdays are listed on the home page.I was amazed at the amount of inactive members,probably 90% of the people listed were inactive.In one case a member who had not been online since he joined in 2010 and spent a grand total of 1 minute and 30 seconds on the site. Do you think it is about time to weed out all the inactive members? I would imagine this would be a fairly time consuming exercise or is there an easy way our backroom people could do it?

Sadly FB is taking over slowly, people are finding more easier to use FB than the actual site. I remember like 3-4 years ago when i was login into CJ "New topic list" was different nearly every day. Now even after 3 day the list has same topics
And some people are joining when they have a problem with their car, solve the issue and never comes back.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:09 am

I'm on FB but find the site easier to use as it's just about our cars.

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:37 am

I'm in the Aus CJ group on FB as well, but I login to CCJ at least once per day. Unfortunately as Seb said, FB is taking over slowly. It's easier to use, way more people are accessing it every day, easy notifications, easy to post images, sell items etc.. The days of forums are on their way out. :(

I will use CCJ for years to come purely because of its knowledge base and by personal choice, I prefer the forum over Facebook any day! Except for the fact that there is no 'events' tab, which could be an easy way to assess all events, who is going/who is not, discussions about the events etc..

I think a clean out is well needed as well as a refreshed list of admins/moderators which will help to promote more activity on the forums and allow for more meets and events. But I understand it takes time to do all this and it's important to be patient. :D
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 am

I don't know how the software works but maybe the forum needs updating with new features people want?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:27 am

All of you make some excellent points. These things are all being discussed in the committee. As mentioned this forum is not as active as it use to be. The admin members are also finding lots of issues with how CCJ was set up in the back end. Don't ask me what because I have no idea with these type of things.

At the moment Kav and Justin are looking at upgrading the forum to a new format. They are looking at forums that are easy to use and moderate and combatable to our old forum so information can transfer across. Hopefully something that is suitable to use with facebook links. All this is taking some time as we are all volunteers and can only contribute so much of our spare time.

because of the time factor we are looking to use some of the clubs funds to set this up correctly and in a timely manner. Once we work out exactly what we need and costs then hopefully it will happen sooner rather then later.

When we go to a new forum platform I imagine we will remove all inactive members and clean up all the threads to a more suitable number.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Look forward to it :D
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Shaun Patterson
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Shaun Patterson » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:23 pm

i love the fact i am members of both and have different types of conversations ith the same people on both

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:33 am

aspir3 wrote:All of you make some excellent points. These things are all being discussed in the committee. As mentioned this forum is not as active as it use to be. The admin members are also finding lots of issues with how CCJ was set up in the back end. Dont ask me what because I have no idea with these type of things. At the moment Kav and Justin are looking at upgrading the forum to a new format. They are looking at forums that are easy to use and moderate and combatable to our old forum so information can transfer across. Hopefully something that is suitable to use with facebook links. All this is taking some time as we are all volunteers and can only contribute so much of our spare time. because of the time factor we are looking to use some of the clubs funds to set this up correctly and in a timely manner. Once we work out exactly what we need and costs then hopefully it will happen sooner rather then later. When we go to a new forum platform I imagine we will remove all inactive members and clean up all the threads to a more suitable number. I hope that helps answer some questions.

That's great news Troy, :D

Gavin.CHK
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gavin.CHK » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:33 pm

The site still contain those DIY posts and other mods that are still useful. Otherwise facebook would be more active of course, because everybody is already on it on their phones.

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Perhaps the problem is the birthday list.

An inactive member can become active again and it's of no consequence to the database to have it there..

Here's a better list:
Members Online Today:
AidanO, AJjnr86, aldrinm13, anthonybriffa, ashspecops, aspir3, Azza_07, Berek, bez3rk, Big Boss, Bigdamos, black_ice, blinklight, bongo, Bringin_SportBak, burfadel, byrnsie, calb1999, chris, ChrisRalliart09, Craegus, Crong, CT9Anomore, D, danny_who, denzza, Dyl619, ecl27, efod3, el3ment, elementrb, fchiew0304, gange, Gavin.CHK, Geeks4hire, geets, geh12, gman90, gslrallysport, Hibiscus2488, hokkien, HT_8, JackDra, judg3, Kal777, karim622, kay christensen, Kyrus, Lancer1993, lancerdarryl, LiX, RyanMK, luke_1993, Lychees, mandyo17, megatron, Mystique, Nate N, NiceguyKim, noobstaracing, OldEmmGee, ooooTODDoooo, poe_sniper, powermad, rahilp, Ramapge, rednostalgia_CJU, Roadtrain, rossco1963, Rynor, Saintz, SAM-24A, sarusa, sazman, senseye, Shaun Patterson, Shocker, simo, Spa22ow, Strez, the sam, Tillllasam, Tin_Pusher, toc, tommo08, turbotwinner, vermilioN, VRX_08, SammyH, Wozman70, xCeazy, yatza, Zaphod,

The members online today.. That's actually impressive for a niche car forum (Not a Lancer specific one, but a CJ lancer specific one).

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 pm

No problem with the birthday list.I was using it as a means of checking the members profile which tells us when they joined and when they were last on the site.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:03 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:No problem with the birthday list.I was using it as a means of checking the members profile which tells us when they joined and when they were last on the site.

I would say the list has a problem - it doesn't check the member is an active member as part of it's query (Active = online in last 12 months).

Gavin.CHK
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Gavin.CHK » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Just having the last date connected would suffice I agree.

Return to “General Talk”