***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unregistered car through cameras

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Unregistered car through cameras

Postby vermilioN » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:17 pm

My girlfriends car rego ran out yesterday and she drove through a set of point to point cameras realized she wasnt registered and 5 minutes latter paid the rego.. is there any hope in not getting a fine? I read that some cameras only send off the photos at certain times of the day so maybe because the rego was paid straight away we might be alright.. anybody got any info? *frown*

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:21 pm

she probably get a fine as she had already gone through the point to point. sorry not a cheap fine either.

toc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby toc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Fairly sure they don't do rego checks on point to point cameras, just distance over time (speed).

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:53 pm

I think you will receive a fine.

Let us know how you go.

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah I don't think it's going to be a good outcome..

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Lancerman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:42 pm

You generally have up until midnight on the registration expiry date to pay.

If you still receive a fine and your GF has a good driving history I'd be hopping straight on the computer and appealing for the fine to be admonished and discharged based on her good record and the fact the rego was paid, albeit late..

I know a lot of people who have a good driving record and have had fines dismissed on appeal.

Don't know about SA fixed/mobile cameras but in NSW I'm sure they are speed cameras only.Highway patrol have rego check software.

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:18 pm

i had a word to a mate which is a cop and he said that because she has gone through the point to point camera with a unregistered car she will receive a fine but u could try to appeal the fine but don't know how u will go. good luck

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:18 pm

i had a word to a mate which is a cop and he said that because she has gone through the point to point camera with a unregistered car she will receive a fine but u could try to appeal the fine but don't know how u will go. good luck

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Not sure how is the law around there, here in QLD you have another extra month(from memory) to pay rego after is expired, of course you need to pay a penalty

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:50 pm

over hear we don't.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:14 pm

I know it's harder now in states where we no longer have rego stickers on the wind screen but I just put a note in my diary with a reminder in the weeks before it's due to make sure its paid on time.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

sazman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sazman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:53 pm

There are stickers u can get to remind u when its due

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 pm

In today's world when your car is almost out of registration a sms, email or recorded phone call should be sent by motor registration department.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 pm

aspir3 wrote:In todays world when your car is almost out of registration a sms, email or recorded phone call should be sent by motor registration department.

The dropping of the 6 month registration in SA was stupid. Now they only offer 3 months and 12 months. There is an option to pay monthly automatically, but if there is an issue with the credit withdrawal then you may be unregistered if not informed.

Now if I wanted to be cynical, I would say the SA government would be quite happy that people are forgetting to register their cars, it means more fine revenue. They've left the state in pretty bad shape with employment and economy, being in power since 2002 they've really got no excuse. Part of my cynicism is as result of their response to the GST hike proposal. The SA Labor government is 'all for it' against the wishes of their federal Labor counterparts. Just in the last few days they have said well, without a GST increase we are going to have to close even more hospitals. Last year when they said they're closing the repat hospital and emergency departments (Adelaide will only have 3 emergency departments in the whole of Adelaide soon) that they weren't cutting services, they were making things better. Now they are saying they are cutting them because of budget reasons. This budget reason is despite them claiming they will have a $2.7 billion surplus soon...

In any case it's purely political, unfortunately people seem to think they can't do any wrong. Should I also point out they sold off SA lotteries last year (or the year before), which is bad since all the profits used to go to hospitals? Go figure.

Anyways, sorry for my rant :), I just feel there are some ulterior motives to the way they are handling a lot of things.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Lancerman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Lancerman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 am

Michael, sounds like you have a Labor Party in power in SA........??:roll:

Return to “General Talk”