***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

members suggestions

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

members suggestions

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:47 am

suggest any additions or changes to the club you`d like to see implemented and the committee will look at it.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Swerve
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Swerve » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Ill start by attacking the whole premium member scheme needs to be revamped I think in my opinion. Your asking for $40 a year or $120 for a lifetime premium membership. Lets look at the benefits.

- Unique Premium Member Number: Honestly thats kind of a useless/sad perk no one really cares about having a special member number and certainly not for that much money.

- Group Buy/Sponser Discounts: Well I've had a quick browse and I can't seem to find any group buys for 2015. So how can you justify a discount when you never have a group buy.  Onto sponsers the ones I've had a look at either are inactive (old websites, parts for older year models) and the ones that are active don't really have products the average member would want/need.

- Access to ClubCJ competitions: Again what competitions. Ride of the Month? With a prize that isn't worth paying to become premium for if there is a prize at all. How about running a competition "Best DIY modification tutorial" that way we actually  get some good content, increased member activity/discussion and modification ideas. Also kind of shooting yourself in the foot if your trying to grow the community yet you exclude everyone except premium members from competitions.

- ClubCJ Decal, Forum Badge and Forum Points: Not worth the money, doesn't make me want to spend the dollars and they're a useless show off item and the only people who will care that you have a premium member badge is other premium members.

- Access to For Sale Section: You mean that dead section where hardly anyone has access so there is no real selling /buying  going on. Open that up to more people and you'll have more success/activity.

Solutions:

- Better competitions and prizes: That way the competions actually keep people interested and make them want to have a go. Better prizes so people actually put in effort. You'll  get more members because they'll join for the sick competitions.

- Better premium member perks. Ill keep it short pretty much all the perks are show offy/useless/not worth the money.

- More Group Buys: Seriously get some good stuff on their that people want then more people will join to get at the good deals. Get onto a company "If I purchase X amount of this product can you discount it 5%+ or free shipping". And not just on expensive bulky items.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:17 pm

thanks Jay, your concerns mirror the concerns of the new committee, all these problems will be addressed as soon as possible.

unique premium number, yawn

group buy, transition period for those, we havent had a functioning
committee.

competitions, theres a biggie coming up, the first of many.

decal? i`m proud to wear one, have been for years. paid up members only

for sale section, premium only for security reasons.

i`ll conclude by stating i wasnt asking for suggestions from premium members only, this thread includes all members.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:22 pm

While were on the subject of Premium Members, how about looking into updating the Premium Members list.

The last update was 19-04-10 *doh*
Link = ClubCJ - List of Premium Members : UPDATED 19-04-10

Some of the 156 currently on the list can be deleted because they simply don't exist anymore for various undisclosed reasons.
And I'm sure there have been dozens of New Premium Memberships in the last 5yrs 8mths.

Not a biggie concern for now, but one that can be placed on the Comm To Do List .... I think Steve.

PS: If 0056 - LAP_DANCER becomes obsolete ..... Could I please have that number rather than my current 0058 because 56 is the year of my birth ... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:17 pm

and here i thought it was for the username sam

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:19 pm

oh and btw, u talk someone into archiving and cleaning up the board, be my guest, its way low on the list atm :)

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:23 pm

OK .... No Biggie .... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:32 pm

np Sam, if anyone on the com is willing to take this on post it up in the com. room, thanks

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Jay with a new committee elected I know we will see a lot of what you have mentioned start to happen. Without re hashing to much please be aware the club has had some troubles over the past year which stopped a lot of this happening however have now been overcome.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Sam I'd like to say firstly welcome back and secondly did your cactus have pups? *biggrin1*
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Hey Jade *wave*
Thanks for the welcome back .... I have Justin to thank for that *hail* it just came out of the blue & totally unexpected.

As for "Sit on Me" .... Yep it still lives *thumb* and has had offspring .... My wife looks after it ... :)
Sam ..... *thumb*

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:55 am

Anyway ..... *focus* ..... Members Suggestions for Committee Consideration .... *thumb*
Sam ..... *thumb*

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:02 am

actually quit agree with opening the forsale section to all members.

Like no one ever use it now, and people who wants to sell stuff cant cos they are not premium.

i know we got burnt once by that one dude that one time a long long time ago in a galexy far fay away.... (sorry got carried away there)

but the clubs gota move forward, time to forget that incident and move on. just my 2C
燒

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:12 am

online competitions have started, get amongst it :)

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=382001#382001

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am

but kyrus, my concern is that paid up members get little enough perks as it is.

having said that i see your point and we`ll look into it

Return to “General Talk”