***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*** Bluetooth Compatible Phones - List ***

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:00 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:
JaCe wrote:Both my Nokia E71 and Nokia N97 MINI are confirmed to work with MMCS via Bluetooth.

Yes, they pair fine, but try calling out via the car and they don't ;)

What do you mean 'calling out via the car'? I can make calls on both using the MMCS interface OR using the actual handset itself.

That being said, the MMCS interface is full of crap. Why do I need to press so many buttons just to redial someone? Tap MENU, tap PHONE, tap REDIAL LIST, tap the person, tap CALL, tap YES... now really.. I also can't stand the confirmation of whether I want to call someone or not. Maybe in the old days when calls were expensive people wanted to be 'sure' but nowadays with calls being dirt cheap, why oh why are they making my life difficult?! (and the steering wheel controls can't be substituted for call)

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 pm

I mean by either dialing the number via voice (non-MMCS cars) or by using the in-car phone book to select a number...

Unless the MMCS works with it :S

Do you know if you have the BT phone module under the dashboard (above glovebox, behind that panel) or does the MMCS do all the BT controlling?

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:12 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:I mean by either dialing the number via voice (non-MMCS cars) or by using the in-car phone book to select a number...

Unless the MMCS works with it :S

Do you know if you have the BT phone module under the dashboard (above glovebox, behind that panel) or does the MMCS do all the BT controlling?

It works when I use the MMCS to select a phone number from the MMCS phone book (i.e. not the phone book on the handset) to dial. AFAIK there is no way to search the phone book of the handset directly from the MMCS- all you can do (for all phone models) is to enable BT on the handset and send over the Bluetooth business cards manually (or all of them).

As for the BT phone module, as far as I know the MMCS controls all aspects of the bluetooth (as well as voice controls) and the steering wheel controls connect up to the MMCS- there is no need for a second control module especially when everything is software driven. I could be wrong on this topic though.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Hmmm interesting... Sorry if I made it look like you are stupid with my earlier posts, did not intend to. Didn't realise the MMCS controlled the BT insted of the separate module like ours.

Our wheel controls go via the headunit also,but over the CAN bus they travel to the BT unit.

Very interesting indeed...

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Hmmm interesting... Sorry if I made it look like you are stupid with my earlier posts, did not intend to. Didn't realise the MMCS controlled the BT insted of the separate module like ours.

Our wheel controls go via the headunit also,but over the CAN bus they travel to the BT unit.

Very interesting indeed...

It's alright, and it's making me wonder if we should start a separate thread for compatibility with MMCS? After all there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and I think the next big step for CCJ would be to organise it into the leading resource for all drivers.

ps. I cannot confirm the unit in the MMCS cars is different but it would appear that the MMCS unit controls everything independently.

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah would be interested to know if the Sony Ericson W995 works with MMCS bluetooth setup , iam about to upgrade my phone. Anyone on here confirm please.

Cheers
Eric
Mr H.......So Cool

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Hey, Just found VRX_Pete 's post with this link

http://www.jciblueconnect.com/findpair.taf

They have the SonyEricson W995 on their list with instuctions on how to pair, so it must work!

Cheers / thanks VRX_Pete
Eric
Mr H.......So Cool

Stewey
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Stewey » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:18 pm

I can confirm the Nokia N82 working 100%. (Voice dialing works, non MMCS system)

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Also looking to get the Nokia 6710 Navigator, anyone know if this works with MMCS system

Cheers
Eric
Mr H.......So Cool

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 am

I have recently got an iPhone 3GS and whilst it seemed to pair fine and connect initially I tried to connect yesterday and it didn't want to co-operate.

Will update again when I have a chance to play with it again.

The Johnson Website says my phone is compatible (pre ver 3.0 call wait isn't) so maybe I have done something wrong in the pairing phase of things. Will reset and pair again later today. Also need to plug in and see if ipod functionality works the same as my ipod did before I washed it in my work pants :(
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Added to first post:

HTC Desire

Finally I have a phone that works 100% again :lol:

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun May 30, 2010 11:58 pm

my iphone 3gs works sometimes and sometimes it don't :(

almost picked up the phone when a cop was behind me , luckily my gf was there lol
Lancer Evolution 10MR

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:11 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Added to first post:

HTC Desire

Finally I have a phone that works 100% again :lol:

Ah, beat me to it. +1 for the HTC Desire (A8181 - imported from the UK)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

milli
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby milli » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am

my htc magic works good with the mmcs
coonects straight away when i turn the engine on

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Does anyone know with the iphone 3gs if you can push the button on the steering wheel of the activ and tell it what song to play?

Return to “General Talk”