***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*** Bluetooth Compatible Phones - List ***

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:51 pm

duce2278 wrote:ive got a Sony T650i and it works fine with my mmcs...

was about to get the E71 today soo lucky i didnt, thought id check if it worked in the car...DAM Nokia!!!!!!!!!!! im spewing!!!

I have the mmcs and my Nokia 3120c works fine when it comes to receiving calls and making them through the mmcs but I can not get my phonebook to copy to the mmcs.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Just got back from the dealership, my MY10 originally had the "latest" HFS profiles, so no update available. :(
Suttons (being they are also Holden) say they see this issue on Holdens too. It's not a manufacturer specific issue.
I suspect it's whomever does the OEM white label hands free systems for cars that is used probably across manufacturers.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:42 pm

^^

It's Nokia :lol:

Can you find out a version number at all? It's written on the module it'self, but I don't expect you to look at it unless you really want to haha

Just like to compare to mine...

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 am

SIR-VRX wrote:^^
Can you find out a version number at all? It's written on the module it'self, but I don't expect you to look at it unless you really want to haha

If that involves pulling my dash apart, um I'll pass. :)

I did manage to "pair" my laptop to the HFS. Ran out of time to sniff around and find out who the OEM is. Maybe another nightshift when I fee like a challenge. :)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:^^

If that involves pulling my dash apart, um I'll pass. :)

I did manage to "pair" my laptop to the HFS. Ran out of time to sniff around and find out who the OEM is. Maybe another nightshift when I fee like a challenge. :)

Kind of, but not really! It's up under the dash above the glovebox. The glovebox is removed and then the cover panel above it. Then you can see it.

I might try my Laptop later to see what I can do. Actually I will also look to see if there is an OEM of it. I think it will be Visteon, as they make the dash fascia components, instrument cluster and a few other bits and bobs.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Kind of, but not really! It's up under the dash above the glovebox. The glovebox is removed and then the cover panel above it. Then you can see it.

I might try my Laptop later to see what I can do. Actually I will also look to see if there is an OEM of it. I think it will be Visteon, as they make the dash fascia components, instrument cluster and a few other bits and bobs.

Oh that's piss easy then. I'll try later tonight. Just have to take my torch tonight to work then. :)

Just curious to see who the OEM is as I thought it might be been Parrot, but my reseatch shows that's only for what was MMAL produced car at the Elizabeth plant, SA.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 am

So I pulled the glove box, and then there was a cover panel secure by 4 screws, but it also seems to be attached by a plastic clip at the read of the panel to a horizontal pole/bar. Wasn't too sure how to detach the clip but managed to remove the screws and flex the panel down sufficiently. Could see the air bag down the front :) and also a box (a little larger than a pack of playing cards) attached to the inside of the dash directly above the glovebox - which I suspect is what you're talking about. Nothing marked on it other than a sticker with "EURO" on it.

There was another box to the right of where the fan for the a/c is (directly behind where the glovebox was) - no idea what it is (suspect maybe the climate control box) - lot of wires coming from it with a label Ver.7F01 "Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Ltd."
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:29 am

After further scrounging around on the internet.... Seems (at least on Ebay do a search for Mitsu part # MZ313819) the BT modules in Mitsubishis are manufactured by Johnson Controls International and they have a list of phones they work and don't work.
Mine shows up on the list of "not fully compatible" (Nokia 6120/6121)

http://www.jciblueconnect.com/findpair.taf

I think we may haveb found ourselves the definitive list of compatible phones. :D

I would imagine the "EURO" label I have on mine (as noted in my last post) would be the voice recognition for the EURO langauges, hence we have a english-ey sounding lady on the prompts and german, etc as options.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 am

Guys I spoke to my dealer in Perth last week as my replacement BT module is doing the exact same thing the old one did,see my other BT thread.

Anyway they told me that they are sending modules to Parrot who are the OEM for Mitsu of these modules.
This is to try and address and overcome the connection and compatibility issues many are having with newer model phones.

Here is link showing Parrot OEM customers worldwide--

http://www.parrotoem.com/en/parrotoemwo ... fcustomers

As you can see in Aust it is Mitsu. (Yes I know the car is made in Japan)

If you do a search on the Parrot site for Mitsubishi OEM ,under Mitsu you select car model,Lancer >2007 and you can see tech articles,wiring diagrams for diff model modules etc. If you can find out the module model number in our cars you can then check a list of compatibile phones for that model on the site.

Yes I have found Johnson Controls mentioned on some other forums too.
I guess everyone should see if their dealer can give them a definitive answer as to module OEM and model in their particular MY car.

The dealership saw this as a solution for this issue as Mitsu does say that some models may be incompatible with their BT and so it is NOT covered under warranty.
They are charging $140 for removal and reinstall,shipping and ins and the upgrade.
If you want further details contact service dept at Paceway Mitsubishi in Osborne Park. WA Service Direct= 08-9492-9494
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:I might try my Laptop later to see what I can do. Actually I will also look to see if there is an OEM of it. I think it will be Visteon, as they make the dash fascia components, instrument cluster and a few other bits and bobs.

You can find out what module you have without opening up the glovebox and unscrewing anything.
Get you lappy out. Fire off pairing options on the Car HFS.
Once you have paired you will have "Hands Free System" in your Bluetooth Devices window on your laptop.

Right click on the device and select properties.
You will see what we call a hardware MAC address, the first 6 octets are globally unique and allocated to a OEM assigned by the IEEE.

Mine starts with 00:0a:30 - this is assigned to;
00:0A:30 Johnson Controls-ASG

So mine definately is a Johnson Controls box.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm

VRX_Pete!! +1 for that mate!!

As soon as the missus gets home I will do just that, and take it out anyway for photos haha

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:09 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:and take it out anyway for photos haha
...of course you would, would we expect any less?!? Haha. :lol:

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 pm

VRX Pete,
great info,.....................only problem is my laptop doesnt have a bluetooth
module. LOL

If a few people can do this we can see what results they get.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Ok Folks!! news!!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Ok Folks!! news!!
Oooooeeeerrrrrrr!!! :)

Any pix of the sides, any usb or serial connectors?! (Just curious).

Hmmm now I've gonna have to rip mine out to see what S/W ver I have. If you can tell me how to safely remove the top panel. :D

Return to “General Talk”