***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The ClubCJ Anime/Manga Thread!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

The ClubCJ Anime/Manga Thread!

Postby Seffy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:36 pm

I know we all love our Lancers (or at least, most of us do), but I'm pretty sure there are some, or maybe many of us that also like to watch anime or read manga. :)

So..

Welcome to the Anime/Manga Thread!

What are Anime and Manga?

Anime is any Japanese "cartoon" (animated) series that is hand-drawn or computer animated.

Manga are Japanese comics. A lot of anime series (Dragonball Z for example) pretty much are animated adaptions of their manga (comics).

This thread is going to be dedicated to anything anime or manga related, and can be used to let us know what you're watching right now, what you've completed and/or what you can recommend.

For anime episode/manga chapter discussions, best not to spoil it for everyone, but you can let us know what's on right now (i.e. ones that are ongoing or just started) and when the episodes come out on Crunchyroll or Mangapanda or something. :D

If you have other sites that you'd recommend watching anime or reading manga feel free to share, I'll try to add it to the OP when I can.

http://mangapark.com/ and http://mangastream.com/ are good sites to read manga at.

Mangastream is good for the really popular series, and they don't have many scanlations of mangas (scans and translations) available, but whatever they scanlate they turn out very well. Mangapark on the other hand does have a lot of scanlated manga, and it has a really good smart zoom system that I like about it.

I'd go Mangastream for the popular current manga, and go to Mangapark for anything else that I'd like to read and aren't on Mangastream.

nyaa.eu is good if you'd like to download your episodes rather than stream them.

Yes you can post anime pictures/wallpapers/memes here... so long as it's safe for work.

If you have a myanimelist or anime-planet account, you can link your account here too so we can see the whole list of what you've watched!

e.g. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Seffy_ (I hope it works..)

ATM I read the following manga:

Naruto
Bleach
Fairy Tail
Claymore
Attack on Titan

Happy watching and reading!
Last edited by Seffy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Impressive list Sef, give Baki the grappler a shot and great teacher onizuka

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:00 pm

When I have time I'll try and watch Baki. And GTO is freaking fantastic, that was one of the funniest I've watched.

I'm watching:

Sword Art Online II
Aldnoah Zero
Terror in Resosnace
Akame Ga Kill
Monotagari Series

...at the moment. Monogatari series is pretty unique imo, but so far so good. The other four I've listed are really good so far to me, really enjoying those.

Oh and I recommend No Game No Life. :)

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 am

well that's an impressive completed list man.

mine is as follows:

Watching:
fairytail S2
Naruto Shippudden
Guilty Crown
Appigo Blue Steel Ars Nova

Completed:
Fairytail
Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Intial D (all stages)
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
Psycho Pass
Blue Exorcists
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
High School Of the Dead
Darker than Black
Akkian
Amnesia

and I think that is all, and I recommend all on the completed list, also if I think of any others I have watched/ recommend I will post it up, but keep in mind some these are extremely weird... :P
Boost life scrambles the brain

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 pm

shadow-vex wrote:well thats an impressive completed list man. mine is as follows: Watching: fairytail S2 Naruto Shippudden Guilty Crown Appigo Blue Steel Ars Nova Completed: Fairytail Naruto Bleach Death Note Intial D (all stages) Sword Art Online Attack on Titan Psycho Pass Blue Exorcists A Certain Magical Index A Certain Scientific Railgun High School Of the Dead Darker than Black Akkian Amnesia and I think that is all, and I recommend all on the completed list, also if I think of any others I have watched/ recommend I will post it up, but keep in mind some these are extremely weird... :P

Thanks. :D

I am almost certain High School of the Dead is one of those "weird" ones, haha. I've got it stored on a HDD right now, but never got around to watching. I've been recommended to watch Psycho Pass too so that's gonna be on my "to watch" list.

Pretty much, everything below Blue Exorcist I've never watched.. man I can't wait till the end of my final exams.

glyken
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby glyken » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 pm

nice one!

here's my list:

manga & anime

Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Kuroko No Basket
Hunter X Hunter
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Trigun
Fairy Tail
Deathnote
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Hajime No Ippo
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Code Geass
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/Destiny
Initial D (all stages)
Baki the Grapler
Yuyu Hakusho
Samurai X (with past to present life of Kenshin)

Freezing & High School of the Dead > my favorite (if u know what i mean) ^_^

etc, etc..

all of these stored in my hard drive complete and ongoing

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 pm

seff u are going to have to teach me what this is ??? coz i have nooo clue hahahahaha
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 pm

I've also watched a bit of Witchblade, it's pretty good

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 pm

only following bleach manga atm. 20 pages a week kinda sucks, but dont know what else to start. will have a look at some on you lists.

also got bored and currently rewatching seed destiny. last time i watched it i was ok with it. this time around i realize how bad it actually is lol.
燒

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Hellsing Ultimate :twisted:
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 pm

SIX wrote:seff u are going to have to teach me what this is ??? coz i have nooo clue hahahahaha

Anime is pretty much any Japanese "cartoon" (animated) series that is hand-drawn or computer animated.

Manga are pretty much Japanese comics. A lot of anime series (Dragonball Z for example) pretty much are animated adaptions of their manga (comics).

Kyrus wrote:only following bleach manga atm. 20 pages a week kinda sucks, but dont know what else to start. will have a look at some on you lists. also got bored and currently rewatching seed destiny. last time i watched it i was ok with it. this time around i realize how bad it actually is lol.

Attack on Titan, Claymore and Fairy Tail are all good manga that I follow outside of Bleach and Naruto. But Attack on Titan and Claymore only come out like once a month or so, but Fairy Tail is weekly (unless there's some sort of manga release break). Yeah we wait all week for like.. 20 pages, haha. Still worth I guess. Monthly releases tend to have more than that; Claymore has at least 25-30 pages, Attack on Titan has like 40+ each chapter. :)

glyken wrote:Freezing & High School of the Dead > my favorite (if u know what i mean) ^_^[/color:e1f2da3cf6]

I can see why. HAHA

Elfen Lied is ridiculous, still trying to be able to stomach going past the first episode. ;_;

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 pm

nice here is my anime list some of mine i watch in subbed and some in English or both

watching
Kaichou was Maid
ghost hunt
dead man wonderland

completed or watching over again

High school DXD
sword art online one and two
hellsing all of them
blue exorcist (including movie)
initial D every single stage
Kuroshitsuji (black butler including live action movie)
vampire knight & vampire knight guilty
bleach episode 309 in English (since i have watched it subbed )
bleach movies

Manga
Kuroshitsuji Volume 15 chapter 68 (black butler)
bleach chapter 582

thats all i can think of atm :P
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 pm

There was a movie for Blue Exorcist? I must find this.. ;-; How is Deadman Wonderland so far? I just found it on my storage drives just then.

glyken wrote:Yuyu Hakusho

YuYu Hakusho was part of my childhood! Loved sitting in front of the tele just before dark and the show comes on (granted, it was dubbed in tagalog.. but oh well. I'll re-watch one day).

Lypherk
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Lypherk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Seffy wrote:I am almost certain High School of the Dead is one of those weird ones, haha. Ive got it stored on a HDD right now, but never got around to watching. Ive been recommended to watch Psycho Pass too so thats gonna be on my to watch list.

Seriously? HSOTD IS AWESOME. Even I got Kal into watching Psycho Pass a while back.
Watch themmmmm!

And Uh My watching list is kinda long, I ended up picking up 17 new anime's this season.

Watching:
Akame ga Kill!
Aldnoah Zero
Blue Spring Ride
DRAMAtical Murder
Fairy Tail 2
Free! Eternal Summer
Gekkan Shouko Nozaki-kun
Kuroshitsuhi: Book of Circus
Love Stage!!
Pretty Cuardian Sailor Moon Crystal
Rail Wars!
Argevollen
Shounen Hollywood
Space Dandy 2
Sword Art Online II
Mahouka
Tokyo ESP
Tokyo Ghoul

AND that's basically for THIS current seasons releases/ongoing's.

I use Anime-planet to record all my stuff. I never really liked myanimelist.
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Arukura <---- Mine :D

I also use www.Nyaa.eu (Horriblesubs)

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Anime Planet looks much neater than MAL actually, just looking at your user profile on there. I'll sign up!

That's a lot of season releases. I've heard good things about Tokyo Ghoul, how are you finding it so far?
And I'd add Terror in Resonance (Zankyou no Terror) on this season's list!
I really am enjoying that one right now.

nyaa.eu is where I get my stuff too (when I ceebs Crunchyroll.. which is most of the time). I actually got the all of the Monogatari series on there that's been out so far off that site. Haha~

Return to “General Talk”