***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

INSURANCE REPAIR QUESTION

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

INSURANCE REPAIR QUESTION

Postby funnyfi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Hey guys, didn't know where to put thread. Long story short I got rear ended and the repairs are covered by insurance. Smash repairer ordered in new Rear Bumper, however I had an ARS HL2 rear lip on it that was cracked and they asked me where I got it so they can order it in.

Was wondering if I could get any help with this as the ARS vendor in this forum doesn't reply anymore?

Thanks!

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Got this reply from ARS direct

"Hi Eric,

Thanks for the kind inquiry.

Should that be the case, unless you can organize a group buy, there isn't a feasible shipping option. The fact of the matter is that the postal service will no longer allow us to send large parts via conventional airmail, and as such, ocean freight is the only reasonable option for shipping the goods. As a minimum volume of at least 1 cubic metre will be charged by forwarders, to send just a single lip will be severe overkill as there will be a lot of space left over. We will ship anywhere in any amount yet I am sure that you probably do not wish to pay 5-10 times the price of the lip in shipping costs. Typically, it costs about USD100 to get the goods to a major Australian port but your local charges will probably exceed AUD300.00 for customs clearance and handling related charges.

Therefore, should you be able to organize a group buy and consolidate several people's orders, you will be able to greatly reduce shipping costs on a per parts basis. Parts ordered need not just be for the Lancer as we make a very great variety of parts for a very great number of different vehicle models. Our online catalogue can be accessed via the following link:"

Should that matter to me as insurance is paying for it?

Return to “General Talk”