***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Experience with Head Unit installs

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

blakesynclair
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Experience with Head Unit installs

Postby blakesynclair » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:59 am

So I just bought a Eonon M1 headunit for my 08 ES lancer, and I was wondering if anyone has done a head unit swap, and was it pretty simple and easy?

I have also bought a replacement dash to fit the Head Unit and the needed wiring harness.

Cheers
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

gondenk
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby gondenk » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 pm

I just swaped my head unit about 1 month ago. Its not very hard, go to ebay and buy wiring harness plug n play to your head unit its cost not more than $25

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:16 pm

gondenk wrote:I just swaped my head unit about 1 month ago. Its not very hard, go to ebay and buy wiring harness plug n play to your head unit its cost not more than $25

+1 for the harness plug and play.

If you end up not getting a plug and play one, it's pretty much just color matching the wires. :) Not too difficult, but before you take the head unit out you have to remove the dash board trim (the silver thing) off which is a bit of a headache the first time. It is screwed on to the left side to the left of the glove box, so you have to take out the panel to the left of the glove box which is next to it. Taking the trim off you gotta be careful cos after that first screw the rest of it is just clipped on, so pull it off not too harshly but enough for them to pop off.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12371

Here's the thread for it. :) happy modding ~
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

blakesynclair
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby blakesynclair » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Seffy wrote:[quote:0727a23f40=gondenk]I just swaped my head unit about 1 month ago. Its not very hard, go to ebay and buy wiring harness plug n play to your head unit its cost not more than $25[/quote:0727a23f40] +1 for the harness plug and play. If you end up not getting a plug and play one, its pretty much just color matching the wires. :) Not too difficult, but before you take the head unit out you have to remove the dash board trim (the silver thing) off which is a bit of a headache the first time. It is screwed on to the left side to the left of the glove box, so you have to take out the panel to the left of the glove box which is next to it. Taking the trim off you gotta be careful cos after that first screw the rest of it is just clipped on, so pull it off not too harshly but enough for them to pop off. http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12371 Heres the thread for it. :) happy modding ~

Thanks, So its as simple as just matching the colours? This is the Wiring Harness I've already bought: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290971557841 ... 1497.l2649

Also is this the right harness for what im doing?
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:25 pm

blakesynclair wrote:Thanks, So its as simple as just matching the colours? This is the Wiring Harness Ive already bought: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290971557841 ... 1497.l2649

Part number's the same as what I got. So yeah that's it. :)
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:30 pm

As stated an easy job. You'll enjoy the better sound.
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Return to “General Talk”