***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What's It Worth 2011 Ralliart

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

gspy4u
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

What's It Worth 2011 Ralliart

Postby gspy4u » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Not for sale as yet hence not in the For Sale section but thinking about it and wondering what you lot might think it's worth. I know the stealers will give you bugger all no matter what you have.

Details:

2011 My11 Ralliart Sedan
White in colour
Luxury / Premium pack when purchased new so has

MMCS, SATNAV, Motion Sensor Alarm system, Rockford Fosgate 9 speaker system, Full Leather

Done 78,000k's with full service and logbook history.

Condition: Perfect except small mark on bonnet (thanks to stupid piece of wood on the freeway flicked up)

Stock basically as the miss's has used it to drive to work and back since new so most of the k's are highway.

Rego is till next April 2015

Still original brake pads so it has not had a hard life at all.

Anyway, what would it be worth do you think ???

Not posting this in the For Sale part as we are not sure yet.

Thanks in advance.

Rowlesy6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Rowlesy6 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:00 pm

my guess is between 20k - 23k just depends if you trade it in or sell it private
Blue 09 Ralliart
///// /////

(cj-blue) *rockon*
Current Mods
- K&N Filter
- Evo X BOV
- Lenso D1R Wheels
- Evo X Wing/Spoiler
Upcoming Mods
- Coilovers
- Exhaust

black_ice
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby black_ice » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 pm

It all depends on how quick a sale you want...but in this market my guess would be around the $25k mark..23K for a quickish sale and $27k if you want to hang on to it for a while...this is just my 2cents..

If you have done an SST fluid change you should state that as well as it would be a good selling point..

All the best with the sale..
Saying a car is for going form A to B is like saying sex is for reproduction!

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:01 pm

I would guess around 23 -28k. The kms are high, but it's nice to see someone that drives and has enjoyed there's like me and I'm about to hit 60k mark.

The fact you have luxury pack bumps price up. From factory this was 3k +. I know, I wanted leather seats but could not afford besides I got mine as demo model.

Unfortunately what's hurt us all is Mitsubishi changing the warranty on new cars meaning an overall price drop across the entire range.

I think as your car is stock it will sell well if you choose to do so.

I'm in the same boat, I think I owe the bank more than what car is worth should I sell or want to upgrade.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

gspy4u
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby gspy4u » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 pm

thanks guys, will see how we go

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:11 pm

$17k as a trade, $21k private.

I know as Mitsubishi owners we all want to think optimistically, but I think most of the posts above are a little too optimistic.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:15 pm

all new jap cars will be cheaper by a couple of thousand now probably so that wont help resale value either.
abbott just signed a free trade agreement with japan, everything japanese will be cheaper
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:27 pm

A friend of mine recently traded his 09 RA and only got $13K on a $63K car. Mitsubishi is stuffing us all because they have dropped the price of the new Lancers so much. Although the RA's new price hasn't dropped much, the lower NA Lancer price dropping is still hurting our resale price.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 am

zedd82 wrote:A friend of mine recently traded his 09 RA and only got $13K on a $63K car. Mitsubishi is stuffing us all because they have dropped the price of the new Lancers so much. Although the RAs new price hasnt dropped much, the lower NA Lancer price dropping is still hurting our resale price.

$63K for an RA?
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:33 am

squala wrote:$63K for an RA?

Lol, no. $63k was what his new car he was trading his RA in for was worth.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:49 am

Oh, alright, hehe!

The term dealer has been a misnomer because you're pretty much not getting a deal anymore. $13K trade-in for an RA is ridiculous. Unfortunately, it will become a lot harder to sell our cars with the price of new ones going low and the upcoming free trade with Japan can make them even cheaper.

I'll actually hold on to my RA for as long as I can, as there is still unclear news as to what will happen with the Lancer next. While there will certainly be a replacement for the NA, the performance versions are still bleak. There are heaps of rumours surrounding the Evo, whether it will be a hybrid or replaced at all.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:52 am

zedd82 wrote:[quote:09e74b7884=squala]$63K for an RA?[/quote:09e74b7884] Lol, no. $63k was what his new car he was trading his RA in for was worth.

You talking about me? lol

And anyway, trade in price depends on what you buy and how much margin the dealer has on the car too... Don't expect to get good $$ for tradein, when you are pushing them to get a new car cheap. In the end its like a balance... you get alot for trade in, but pay more for the next car. Or get less for tradein and get cheaper next car. :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:32 am

Not you Thorston

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 pm

el3ment wrote:[quote:5e10fd6200=zedd82][quote:09e74b7884=squala]$63K for an RA?[/quote:09e74b7884] Lol, no. $63k was what his new car he was trading his RA in for was worth.[/quote:5e10fd6200] You talking about me? lol And anyway, trade in price depends on what you buy and how much margin the dealer has on the car too... Dont expect to get good $$ for tradein, when you are pushing them to get a new car cheap. In the end its like a balance... you get alot for trade in, but pay more for the next car. Or get less for tradein and get cheaper next car. :)

What he said, customers always expect to paid max price for the trade in, but want the new car for the least price... can't have both. When you're asking someone to buy your car on the spot with no roadworthy, you can't expect top dollar.

Low 20s would be my expectation for a 2011 Ralliart. I don't think the luxury pack would have a very big influence. For instance when I bought mine I specifically didn't want one with a luxury pack because I wanted voice-control bluetooth and 6-stack. 60% residual value after 3 years is fairly typical for any new car.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Yeah, I know that the trade-in is gonna be a couple of grand less than the private price, because you get the convenience of not having to find a buyer on your own and you can buy the other car ASAP. But the real problem is that stealers whack off another two grand or so. When I was trading up for the RA, they were offering only $13K for my then two-year-old Platinum, less that half of its driveaway price. Redbook stated around $17K private and $15K trade-in. I showed them a printout of this and they raised it to $14K. We finally shook hands after I requested floor mats and a full tank. It's still not the best deal, but not awful either. I let my intuition get the better of me seeing that gleaming blue car right outside where the dealer and I were talking.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride

Return to “General Talk”