***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Farewell to Zaphod's lovely blue car...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Farewell to Zaphod's lovely blue car...

Postby Zaphod » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Well Folks, due to unforeseen circumstances, I've sadly had to let my beloved Lancer go... :-(

She left my arms (well, driveway) early Saturday evening.

If you've never seen a grown man cry... well, you wouldn't have then, but it was certainly 'on the emotional side', and I didn't sleep well that night, that's fer sure!

Anyway, it's gone, but it's gone to a sweet, hard-working young lady who, at nineteen-years old paid cash for the car and I am completely certain the car's gone to a good home, which is important. :-)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your friendship, advice and support over the all-too brief six months I've been a proud (unpaid) member.

A very special thanks go to the guys up here in Queensland that I've shared a couple of great drive days with, and to the interstate heroes who travelled a long way to come up for the nationals - it's been a pleasure to meet you all!

Outside of Queensland, a special shout-out to Akram - anytime you're over this side of the country, let me know - there's always a place to crash at mine - and thanks for all the support and suggestions *first*

Brendan-who-knows-things - you're a legend, but you probably already know that - the best reference point ever! :-D Thank you.

Erin... still the best looking EvoX :-)
Jordan - Fight the Power man... keep these b's real! *ban*

MeatyStix - inspirational *rockon*

And Anyone Else I may have missed, apologies...

...oh, and Irving - I need one more thing at ClubCJ prices... :-)

Anyhoo, it's not all bad news - I will pop in now and again for a good lurk - I still intend to pick up a Ralliart 'one day'... And while I'm extremely happy with all the mods I did to the car appearance-wise, I really wanted more power! :-D

The good news tho' is that I'm not lost altogether; I've stayed loyal to the brand and picked up a second-hand Colt, and even better, it's BLUE!!!!
*peace* - so don't be sad 'cos for the immediate future, I'll be driving around in one of these:

Just need to get a job as a hairdresser...
Last edited by Zaphod on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Naww dude. Sad to see your Lancer go...:(
Stay on the forums and attend the meets!!!
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Cheers Annabelle... me sad too... :-(

But, at least the new one's a blue Mitzi - and as they say, two out of three ain't bad! *peace*
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 pm

At least you stuck with another Mitsubishi, whether it be a Lancer or not! At least I got the chance to meet you a couple months back on the National Club CJ Meet on the Gold Coast!

Enjoy the Colt! :D

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Glad you stayed with team blue *happy*

You know your still more than welcome to join our meets and cruises besides I had some more of my home made tomato chutney you loved I need to give you!
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Zaphod it was awesome to meet you for real, having you bow down at my feet like I was a god. ;)

Gonna miss you buddy. But You still have to come to a Queensland meet next time we're up.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Convertible Colt? Is it Turbocharged?

Sad to see the Lancer go, hope you told the new owner about the club though! :) I'm sure it went to a good home.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 pm

Sad to see you go mate, im sure I'll look you up if I'm out your part of the country. I can see you will be modding that colt up in your own style too. Well done with what you achieved with the lancer

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 pm

at least u know it has gone to a good place it was good to meet u a few months back at the national meet

at least its another blue car have fun in it :D
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:50 am

Well that's a bolt out of the blue (pun intended) sorry to hear that mate.I hope we will still hear from you.Good Luck to you and keep your towel handy!.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:15 am

VRX_08 wrote:At least you stuck with another Mitsubishi, whether it be a Lancer or not!...

Yeah! gotta stay true! (or in this case true blue) :-D Cheers Andrew!

turbogirl wrote:Glad you stayed with team blue *happy* You know your still more than welcome to join our meets and cruises besides I had some more of my home made tomato chutney you loved I need to give you!

I figured if I bought anything other than blue, you'd never forgive me! *biggrin1* - and I still have all those jars...!

Metalstrix wrote:Zaphod it was awesome to meet you for real, having you bow down at my feet like I was a god. ;) Gonna miss you buddy. But You still have to come to a Queensland meet next time were up.

It's always special when you meet a Hero! :-D I could always come along and serve drinks...!

Seffy wrote:Convertible Colt? Is it Turbocharged? Sad to see the Lancer go, hope you told the new owner about the club though! :) Im sure it went to a good home.

Nah, sorry Seffy - budgetary constraints unfortunately - but it definitely went to a good home, and yes, I told her all about it... :-)

lantourismo wrote:Sad to see you go mate, im sure Ill look you up if Im out your part of the country. I can see you will be modding that colt up in your own style too. Well done with what you achieved with the lancer

Yep! - already trying desperately to find a double-DIN fascia, spoken to a couple of wreckers about the Recaros from a Colt Ralliart and found that in Europe/UK there's a later model of the Colt that we never saw in Oz that has a Lancer front-end - wondering if I can graft one onto mine! *peace*

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10523206_10203983752899965_7344103240201069768_n.jpg

kay christensen wrote:at least u know it has gone to a good place it was good to meet u a few months back at the national meet at least its another blue car have fun in it :D

It's a bloomitzi - how could I not! :-) Thanks Kay!

lancerdarryl wrote:Well thats a bolt out of the blue (pun intended) sorry to hear that mate.I hope we will still hear from you.Good Luck to you and keep your towel handy!.

...I see what you did there! You're a Hoopy Frood DarrylImage

Thanks everyone! - I'll pop up now & again - so, if anyone can point me to a decent Colt Club site.... *tsk*

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 am

Yeah mate I know the colt your talking about, like a micro machine lancer sorta. I researched the colt awhile back, it shares it's platform and engine with the smart 4 two, maybe engine or body parts will be interchangeable? There is a colt forum for the UK I believe.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:35 am

lantourismo wrote:...like a micro machine lancer sorta.

lol!

Yeah, the link I put up should take you to the one I'm talking about - but I'm gonna stick with 'micro-machine-Lancer' (wonder if I can get the badges made up). I'm hoping that model was released in Japan, may be able to get a front-end cut & shipped here)

Cheers!

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 am

It's always sad to see a 'lost' Lancer, be it sold or wrecked. I felt the same way when I parted ways with my 2009 Platinum. Even if I upgraded, it was still a bit heartbreaking as that car didn't fail me. I would have wanted to keep both but circumstances didn't permit. Basically, when I traded it in, I just tried not to look at it and drove away in the blue car.

I hope to see you fulfill your RA dream soon. Prices will keep dropping so it will get easier and easier to acquire one.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 am

Zaphod wrote:[quote:3b2ceeedea=lantourismo]...like a micro machine lancer sorta.[/quote:3b2ceeedea] lol! Yeah, the link I put up should take you to the one Im talking about - but Im gonna stick with micro-machine-Lancer (wonder if I can get the badges made up). Im hoping that model was released in Japan, may be able to get a front-end cut & shipped here) Cheers!

It's a bit of a kei car really, there is a big market for that in japan. Why not get a RA Colt half cut? The only difference between the RA and na colt is the engine and the chassis has been strengthened however with bracing you could improve your na chassis. Japan will have lots for your car

Return to “General Talk”