***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My very first accident .. Need advice on new front end .

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

My very first accident .. Need advice on new front end .

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon May 26, 2014 8:51 pm

I unfortunately had a slight accident this arvo " I was in the wrong ! My first accident in many years of driving , Nobody was hurt thank goodness .... I was on my way to visit my son who is in hospital with serious blood clotting & took my mind off the road for a split second & hit a car on a roundabout ,

My front end is damaged & would like to ask ClubCJ members if they can steer me in the right way to get a upgrade with a new front end e.g Could I have a RA front end put on my VR ?

And can anyone advice me if I have to go through the Insurance company "NRMA " or can I arrange it through the smash repairers ? I remember reading at times that others have upgraded after an accident but can't seem to find anything in the treads , Any help would be grateful , I have to see the smash repairers at 10am tomorrow morning .
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 pm

The RA bumper costs the same as the ES bumper but the trimmings push the price up. Most insurance companies don't mind paying for the bumper but wont pay for the trimming on a upgrade. So you maybe up for foglights and grill.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Mon May 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Sucks to hear you had an accident. But glad you're OK and no one was hurt. You might be able to upgrade and just pay the extra $$ for the RA bumper, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess it depends on how nice the insurance company is.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Glad you are ok Doreen. I think you will need to get a new engine under tray to go with the RA nose as they are a bit longer in the front
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Tue May 27, 2014 9:54 am

Glad to hear ur ok.

With regards to insurance. Firstly you have to make a claim with your insurance company. NRMA should give you a list of their choice repairers in your area, if you pick form this list theres some extra benefits like taxi ride to and from and life time guarantee on the repair. Alternatively, you can say, I would like to use these guys *name a certain shop*, then they will instruct you what to do next.

In terms of repair shop, my mate had just done something similar in Hume Smash Repairs, he had to pay a little extra to get a different bar, but it was done, and the workmenship was very good as well. Hope this helps.
燒

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue May 27, 2014 12:39 pm

thats no good Doreen :(
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

God doreen, i got a shock when I saw your name. I'm glad you'er okay. The guys above have pretty much given what you need to know
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed May 28, 2014 6:59 am

Thank You everyone for your reply's :) Just a update on my repairs , I have been to see the smash repairers & they are looking into getting a price difference for the RA front & extra's that I will need so hopefully I should know in a few days , My Insurance covered me for a hire car & I am driving a " Nissan " :P No way does it compare with the Lancers (cj-mystic)

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Return to “General Talk”