***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

No. 1 FAVORITE thing about your Lancer!!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

WallyD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby WallyD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 am

Gotta love how when your fuel hazard on the dash starts blinking, you push your luck, do an extra 70 ks or so and then the dash changes to yellow and flashes a fuel pump until you refuel!!!! PANIC MODE

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 am

Lol I had that today...

Weight loss, tuning

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 am

The back windows, just found out yesterday after having the car for three weeks that they actually go all the way down into the door, I have never seen that in a sedan. However in discovering this the felt on the seal protecting the tint got caught on the window and tore off, now got to get it redone at the tinters cost of course.
Last edited by Chubb on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am

WallyD wrote:Gotta love how when your fuel hazard on the dash starts blinking, you push your luck, do an extra 70 ks or so and then the dash changes to yellow and flashes a fuel pump until you refuel!!!! PANIC MODE

Ive never done this cause when it starts flashing saying needs petrol i see how many kms are left and says "---" so how far can you push it once it tells you you need petrol?

Very curious to know and keep forgetting to ask

WallyD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby WallyD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:44 pm

My wife freaks out and says she isn't gonna save my ass the day I run dry. I've gone about 70 ks from when it goes to the "If u don't fuel up now I'll leave ur ass on the side walk" death screen

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I've run for about 70 or so kms past the first light, then about another 30 after that (was on the highway and wasn't far from home so I pushed it haha)

But I can't remember how many litres was left in the when I filled it. It wasn't much.

But I wouldn't recommend going down past the first light too much... risk of damage to the fuel pump, as it needs to be fully submerged to remain cool. Also, sediment could be sucked through it.

jamez707
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby jamez707 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm

the lowest i have ever been is 30 k's to go and i dont usually go below 50k's left......i get paranoid

i like that i was at tafe today parked all the way down the end and walked all the way down past the row of 50ish cars and i could not find one that looked as cool as my lancer
Red Tail Light Brigade Member #3 - ClubCJ Lifetime Member #007
JAMEZ THE TAGMASTER

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 pm

^^

That's because I wasn't there. :P

KAL-EL
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby KAL-EL » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:07 pm

What I love about waiting for my Lancer is the feeling when you were a kid the night before xmas
Image Go The Penny Panthers!!!!

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:11 pm

^ thats what it felt like for me but i was at work and everyone kept telling me im like a 5yr old on xmas eve lol

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 pm

STACYS wrote:
WallyD wrote:Gotta love how when your fuel hazard on the dash starts blinking, you push your luck, do an extra 70 ks or so and then the dash changes to yellow and flashes a fuel pump until you refuel!!!! PANIC MODE

Ive never done this cause when it starts flashing saying needs petrol i see how many kms are left and says "---" so how far can you push it once it tells you you need petrol?

Very curious to know and keep forgetting to ask
Initial warning kicks in when you have around 8 litres in your tank and the petrol bowser flashes once per second.

The "final" warning kicks in around 5-6 litres remaining in your tank and the petrol bowser flashes twice per second and a big ass bowser is also on your main readout :)

Depending on driving style and conditions you can probably get away with 60-70 kms on the final warning. I'd be conservative and say 50 km just in case. :)

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 pm

oh cool thanks for clearing that up for me :)

i panic when it first starts flashing and put petrol in asap lol

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 pm

STACYS wrote:oh cool thanks for clearing that up for me :)

i panic when it first starts flashing and put petrol in asap lol
No probs. If I am trying to scrape my way to tight ass wednesdays for fuel, i'll reset my trip meter to keep track of my kms whilst skirting with the embrassment of running out of fuel. :)
I'm sure I read somewhere that running out of fuel is a bad thing for the fuel pump or engine. Will have to refer back to that point and do some re-research. :D

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that running out of fuel is a bad thing for the fuel pump or engine. Will have to refer back to that point and do some re-research. :D

SIR-VRX wrote:But I wouldn't recommend going down past the first light too much... risk of damage to the fuel pump, as it needs to be fully submerged to remain cool. Also, sediment could be sucked through it.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:50 am

You wouldn't really want to run your cars near empty because fuel contaminants could enter the system. As much as possible I don't let it get to less than 1/4 before topping up.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “General Talk”