***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Morons on the road

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Morons on the road

Postby Digital » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi all,

Just needed to get this off my chest as I have a few stories to tell (as I'm sure most of you do) with encountering idiots on the road.

It seems to be happening a bit more since I got my RA (or maybe it's a coincedence?) I had such an incident this evening driving home from the station.

I mean, I enjoy my car, and I give it a bit when it is safe to do so and within the legal limits. I never endanger anyone around me and drive sensibly.

So, I'm at the lights and they go green so I give it some up til the speed limit, I look in my rearview mirror and there is this Hyundai Lantra (old thing, like 90s?) tailgating me so I'm like whatever, you can tailgate as long as you want (I'm in the left lane and turning left later)

He proceeds to tailgate me as I turn off a 80km/h highway onto a 70km/h road. Again I give it a bit and going up until the speed limit. This guy is on my arse, so I purposely ease off the accelerator and then i purposely brake, this moron doesn't brake till he is like right on my bumper, I swear it was like within cms and I'm staring at him at this point (doin 60km/h) and he's smiling like a complete douchebag, gives me either a smartarse thumbs up or flips me the bird, I couldn't tell.

he then proceeds to turn into the same street I'm going into to, so I'm thinking here we go, but he slows down and turns into his house (which is like 2 mins from me)

steam is coming through my ears at this point and adrenaline going, and I'm still thinking about it and it was hours ago! Thought I'd share and see if any of you guys have any similar stories. I am just trying to think back at why this d!ckhead was havin a go, didn't like me taking off at the lights?

/vent

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Yeah this happens a bit sometimes

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:32 pm

got brick?...
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Dave95
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Dave95 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 pm

My mate had one guy tailgate him 15 minutes all the way back to his house because my mate didnt accelerate quick enough from a set of lights. When my mate got back to his house the guy parked across the st and got out of his car as my mate got out. Funny though the tailgater was some scrawny guy and when my mate got out of his car a massive union prop from the first XV at school the guy kind of got back in his car and just yelled abuse from it then drove off.

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Funny as.

I don't get it though, it's not like I was driving slow, I'm just gonna assume he was a bit jealous :)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 pm

I get tailgated daily, and cut off at this one roundabout on the way home over 50% of time.

I'm actually starting to think that CJ indicators aren't designed very well (how the primary indicators are between the headlights, not outside them). But I'm sure a large part of it is people's impatience or incompetence.

Dave95
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Dave95 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm going to agree with Bob, everyone is just jealous of us with the CJs

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Happens all the time don't worry about it! First few months I got my RA i had people racing me left right and centre. They still do but now i just dont give a... hmm you get the idea. :P Just drive as you normally do and dont purposfully do anything to encourage them. otherwise they'd just feel more pressured into being a smart arse. Which could end up with them hitting you or something - and you really dont want your car to be involved with an accident.

Just the other day I was with a mate. I let him test drive my RA. We U-Turned at the lights and my mate gave it a bit of gas. we hit the speed limit and slowed right down. next second this hyundai veloster turbo came out of no where flying past at god knows what speed. Thing was my friend and i didnt even know he was there nor were we racing as he was testing out the car and all that. Just found it funny that there are all these people out there who want to race because they have a "sporty" car
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Mate, it happens to everyone Smile I eat tailgaters for breakfast anyday.

The most frustrating part is that whenever a tailgater comes near me, my mum or someone is in the car. However, if no one is in the car, then I can take advantage.

A company in South NSW by the name of Nicks Concrete, their truck drivers were tailgating me in the left lane. (This is my old VR) They had the option to go around me. But no, like little girls, they pulled up behind me giggling at me as they got closer and closer. So what I did what, I sped up a little more then I hit the breaks.

Mate, you shoulda seen the look on their faces. In 0.1 seconds, changed from giggling to WTF!!! and steered off like crazy. Then they went ahead of me.

Another was on Great Ocean road in Melbourne where this van was full on tailgating me on purpose. Because my mum and brother were in the car at the time, I couldn't do anything. Being a 2 lane road, they went on the other side of the road to get ahead of me. My mum took a photo of them as they were tail gating me and they put the finger up. Man, if my mum and brother weren't in the car, I would've given them hell.

I don't tolerate tailgaters. If they come anywhere near me, they'll pay the price.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 am

Yeah last night had some loser in a pintara following me through the hills, I lost him and then spotted him parked in a drive way when I went past he suddenly pulled out again. So turned of my lights and lost him in the dark. Ppl like this don't deserve a license Rey just want to cause accidents and make trouble

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 am

When I drive my work car (Daihatsu Charade) I never have any problems,when I drive the Evo I get every dipstick in the world tailgating or cutting me off.The best one are the P platers who want to race you at the lights.I just look at them and laugh.A friend of mine owns a very nice Aston Martin Vantage and he gets the same treatment when he drives it.I think there must be some jealousy involved there somewhere.It's unfortunate the way peoples attitude is getting worse as time goes by and I don't think it will get any better,so I do my best to ignore them and have a laugh at their shortcoming *lol* *lol*
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:03 am

This happens alot my boss asked me if I keep getting tools trying to race me in my wrx but I don't really drive it that often he was telling me that he always getting people trying to race him as he's got a wrx sti spec r.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:14 am

BlueWRX wrote:This happens alot my boss asked me if I keep getting tools trying to race me in my wrx but I dont really drive it that often he was telling me that he always getting people trying to race him as hes got a wrx sti spec r.

Makes you want to get one of those stick on police lights just get them to behave

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks for sharing your stories guys! Feels good that it's not just me, this is like some sort of support group lol

Yep, I love messing with them, sometimes I tap the brake suddenly as well and see them freak out.

What happened to your mate Momengah I think is the same as my story. This guy must've thought I was testing his "manhood" by taking off at the lights. Thing is, im justenjoying my car and he must've been behind me anyways..appeared out of nowhere.

Return to “General Talk”