***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Morons on the road

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

TasteTheRuss
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby TasteTheRuss » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 am

I love it when people tail gate me, I usually just let them pass me and I tail gate em but like a car length away lol. If they speed up I go along with them but still maintain that 1 car length. Just keep followin them, if they move to another lane you follow straight after :roll:. Especially at night time it freaks em out so much haha

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:49 am

you get pricks like that, i just slow right down to piss them off then when they try go past i speed up and do it a few times then wave as i let them go by
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 am

Someone keyed my very stock looking VR, (bar the powder coated vrx wheels). There are people out there who just have no sense. Sometimes I wear my beach hat while driving to avoid people wanting to race, suddenly turns me into a Volvo driver

Dave95
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Dave95 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:42 am

I got a neat little trick when people tailgate me, I drive an auto so for this i use both feet, have one on the accelerator just to keep up your speed and the other foot just lightly on your break, the break lights will come on but you wont actually slow down. it freaks them out more when youre accelerating and do it. They always slam on the breaks = no more tailgaters

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 am

BlueWRX wrote:This happens alot my boss asked me if I keep getting tools trying to race me in my wrx but I dont really drive it that often he was telling me that he always getting people trying to race him as hes got a wrx sti spec r.

Now we know who influenced you to switch to the other side! :)

There was one time when someone was right behind me on an abandoned straight. I just went for it until his car got smaller and smaller in my mirror. Sometimes you just have to send them the message that their cars are not as fast as they think they are.

On freeways, it's often that people run up my back despite my obeying the limit. I do not speed up for them or change lane. If you wanna break the law, move out of my lane. It's just your stupid rules I'm forced to adhere to, if not I can easily drive twice as fast.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 am

Haha nah he got his a month after me :)

But I just don't get why they have to try and race for?
Most the time they drive shitboxes anyways and have no chance.

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 am

Come to Townsville for a day, I don't remember the last time I drove home from work without a tailgater, its amazing how many accidents there are here when the weather turns bad (Especially since it rains here very often) because people don't get that they have to brake earlier and give more room for error.

I find that I get tail gated a lot by the common P plater cars, 200sx, skylines, and now, the most common car I have troubles with is the 86(BRZ).

But its OK. I have been keeping all the dash cam videos of the biggest idiots, think I might start a youtube channel.

I had one guy in a white 86 right up my ass going onto Queens road, so when I got on there I slowed right down to about 40, and just putted along, about half way he got jack and tried to pass me... yeah so he failed. I guess this is how road rage starts but he eventually turned off a side street.

Technically we are breaking the law however, by slowing down, break checking, and all that, so really we are not much better then them, and as for people trying to race me in a beat up commodore or something, I just let them go, they need the win more then I do ;)

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:13 am

Guys,

You have never lived in Tasmania.

I've driven in Sydney, I hated that.

But Since buying a brand new car, I'm obviously more cautious of the d-heads on the road >_<BUT>_< It's the worst! I purposely slow down so they get the message, because truth is, If I had to break suddenly for some unknown reason, Usually their reaction times are slow, (Not because they are Tasmanian) xD

Worst Type of drivers are the ones who don't indicate! It's not hard! All you need to use is your pinky! It's not hard at all! :P

Actually:

This guy, sums it up perfectly (please excuse the language)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4JvTiQWUU[/youtube]

He also eats alot of Carrots! :D

But, I've actually had a near miss where a lady in a Government Vehicle decided to just cut into my lane, nearly taking my front end out, (She had government plates on her car...) and then nearly took out 3 other drivers, I was so mad at what she nearly did to my car that I followed her back to her work, Got out of the car and blasted the crap out of her (I'm not a violent person) She soon then realised what an idiot she was for driving frantically that she nearly burst into tears because obviously driving like an idiot in a government vehicle looks fantastic for the government, There wasn't even a reason as to why! She just thought she owned the road.... In the end, I just walked away and made a formal complaint to the Department of Health (Thats where she was from) But, long story short, There are idiots everywhere unfortunately, :(

I also hate it when people sit up my butt! >_< In my old coupe, I used to be able to tell if they were too close because of where my spoiler sat, since owning my LX, I find it slightly harder to judge especially being in a bigger car :P

end of rant xD haha. Tasmanian drivers have honestly got to be the worst :P

About 12 months ago, I was driving to work and my partner was following on his way to work, I nearly got taken out by a drunk guy (it was 8:30 in the fricking morning!!!!) He came out of no where, and I ended up on the side of the road on the grass (Thankfully there were no fences) My partner chased the guy (He's not the type of guy to ever get angry but this was the first time I've ever seen him get mad) and blasted him :S The guy wasn't even aware of what he had done *sigh* He's pretty sure he was high on something as well, but still.... :S
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:28 pm

There's just a lack of respect & some sloppy driving these days.

Funniest thing that happens in my RA is they underestimate what sort of car it is (i'm completely debadged) usually next to a civic or compact SUV of some sort waiting 1st in line at a set of red lights where their left lane is just about to end & will need to merge into my lane.

Even before light turns green they are inching up & then GREEN! they put their foot flat to get in front of me & miserably fail, & I'm not even sweating giving it any :)

They end up nearly locking up & have to cut off car behind me to pull in behind , beep & flash me. I just look at them & LOL. Swear do these morons even know the rules!

I sometimes let them merge in front out of pity :lol:

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories guys! Bringing back very familiar memories

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTSa7BUhP0[/youtube]

Got out of their cars, started to fight. 8 secs in you can sorta see a guy jumping on top of another guy that fell on the road from their scuffle.

At the time I actually laughed out loud at the lady in the car next to the action beeping her horn as though that would stop the physical violence.

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 pm

There are just too many idiots out there driving. No end to them. I think it's all to do with showing off. Just this morning, a mate and I were driving. I was behind him and we were at a major road (3 lanes each way) and about to do a U-Turn at a median strip designed for this.

V8 ute comes along on the opposite side and is doing the same thing. He see's us... and hears our exhausts and probably thinks lets show these guys! Next thing you know he's tearing out of there doing skids and fish tailing before speeding away. no need for that... im certainly not impressed
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

fearfulmaster1 wrote:Not long ago, someone in Syd was followed for > 20km, from the inner west to Manly. He rang the police and the tailgater was arrested outside of the station.

It would actually be worth buying those in-car cameras if we can use the footage as evidence of hooning, particularly tailgating, overspeeding and swerving. Does anyone know if the police accept such information and apprehend the guilty parties accordingly?
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Digital
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Digital » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:37 pm

BZC-45S wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTSa7BUhP0[/youtube] Got out of their cars, started to fight. 8 secs in you can sorta see a guy jumping on top of another guy that fell on the road from their scuffle. At the time I actually laughed out loud at the lady in the car next to the action beeping her horn as though that would stop the physical violence.

haha wow that is a bit extreme

which reminds me, I've been meaning to get a dashcam for the last year, but waiting for a decent multi-channel camera (front and back) with HD - last time I looked they were only real HD up front, and pretty crap up back..

@Al - I remember reading on some forums ppl do submit footage as evidence (the main thing I want is a decent camera that will pick up number plates of people driving in front of me and behind - would've loved to film this moron in my original post)
correct me if i'm wrong...

Return to “General Talk”