***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

should speed limits be raised

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

should speed limits be raised

Postby shadow-vex » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:34 pm

should speed limits be raised or is tht silly
http://youtu.be/2BKdbxX1pDw
I know its from overseas but still related

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:45 pm

On freeways yes. 130kph limit. Higher penalties for exceeding it than current to keep people within the limit
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

evil.ralliart
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby evil.ralliart » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes...I think so...It was on the news tonight in QLD. On a 4 lane hiway like the Gold Coast run in QLD i think it should be 120-30. The only problem would be the un safe old cars with no ABS EBC and all the safety bits i suppose

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah i think on newer made highways that are safe they could raise the limit to 130.....i drove to Darwin and its 130 all the way out there and it was fine and there roads aren't that great yet drive to perth from adelaide and its 110 all the way and its better roads!

but yeah i wouldn't raise the limit in the country areas say between adelaide-melb because the roads are terrible!
(cj-orange)

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeah i think on newer made highways that are safe they could raise the limit to 130.....i drove to Darwin and its 130 all the way out there and it was fine and there roads aren't that great yet drive to perth from adelaide and its 110 all the way and its better roads!

but yeah i wouldn't raise the limit in the country areas say between adelaide-melb because the roads are terrible!
(cj-orange)

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 pm

130 is fine, and to be honest that's as high as I'd be willing to drive constantly at anyway if that was the limit lol.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

bobcrusader
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby bobcrusader » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 am

I had to laugh at the Politician who said we could raise the limits, but he didn't think it was in line with community expectations. Talk about out of touch!

Drove on the Autobahn earlier this year - 200Km/h no problem in a basic Golf. But I preferred to stay around 160 when there was traffic around, because that was the max of the cruise control.

130 in France, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland and their roads are just as bad/good as ours. Remember - it is a LIMIT, not a minimum. If you are in a crap car, or the road is crap, or it's raining, dark, foggy... drive to the conditions.
- 2009 Lancer Ralliart
- Boostpill + Tune
- Upgraded intercooler + pipes
- Turbo XS Catback
- Drift BoV
- Blitz Air Filter

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am

Bring it on, we need at least one road in Adelaide with a 130km/h or higher speed limit, would love to see the Northern Expressway speed limit increased to 130km/h, we have such an excellent road here with grade seperation and excellent surface and we get limited to 110km/h, how boring!

If the speed limit was increased people may actually get their 'fix' on a public road built for speed without doing it illeagally on public roads and they want to reduce the speed limits from 110km/h on roads like the Northern Expressway, Port Wakefield Rd, Gawler Bypass / Sturt Hwy and the South Eastern Freeway! :(

Kyrus
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Kyrus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:11 pm

if anyone watched top gear, Jeremy actually raised a valid point. forget about raising the limit and just do what ever speed it is down a perticular stretch of road. once they raise the limit theres gonna be more shit implimented to make sure u stick to the limit anyway.
燒

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm

No more than 130km standard imo.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Speed itself isn't unsafe, its the differential in speed that causes mayhem. You've got the majority of people at 110, some clown darting around everyone at 130 and learners doing 80. And as soon as said arsehole comes flying up the back of someone legally overtaking in the outside lane, he jumps for lanes across and rounds everyone up on the inside.

If the slowpokes just kept left it would solve everything. Normal drivers need never even enter the right lane because they can just stay in the middle lane, and the right lane is free for those that feel the law doesn't apply to them. Bring on more policing and stricter penalties for keeping people to the left.

I think 130 is the go for the right roads, any faster and you'll start to chew serious fuel.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:46 pm

debonaire wrote:Speed itself isnt unsafe, its the differential in speed that causes mayhem. Youve got the majority of people at 110, some clown darting around everyone at 130 and learners doing 80. And as soon as said arsehole comes flying up the back of someone legally overtaking in the outside lane, he jumps for lanes across and rounds everyone up on the inside. If the slowpokes just kept left it would solve everything. Normal drivers need never even enter the right lane because they can just stay in the middle lane, and the right lane is free for those that feel the law doesnt apply to them. Bring on more policing and stricter penalties for keeping people to the left. I think 130 is the go for the right roads, any faster and youll start to chew serious fuel.

So agree with you there, if people would simply just stay in the left lane unless they are actually overtaking, this is the most frustrating thing on the roads today! Why do people have to drive dead alongside each other at the same speed so people can't overtake safely and they wonder why people get frustrated!

I would love to see police continuosly driving up and down roads with 2 or more lanes in each direction and fine people for doing it, they would make a killing down here in SA as you see it on a daily basis!

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:54 pm

debonaire wrote:Speed itself isnt unsafe, its the differential in speed that causes mayhem. Youve got the majority of people at 110, some clown darting around everyone at 130 and learners doing 80. And as soon as said arsehole comes flying up the back of someone legally overtaking in the outside lane, he jumps for lanes across and rounds everyone up on the inside. If the slowpokes just kept left it would solve everything. Normal drivers need never even enter the right lane because they can just stay in the middle lane, and the right lane is free for those that feel the law doesnt apply to them. Bring on more policing and stricter penalties for keeping people to the left. I think 130 is the go for the right roads, any faster and youll start to chew serious fuel.

yeah, agreed, put cops rather get the guy zipping through traffic then the guy sitting 30kms below the speed limit, or the person in the right, coz if u use the left to overtake they can make more money from it
Boost life scrambles the brain

Return to “General Talk”