***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What made you choose the lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:34 pm

I had to get a new, fairly economical car. So I checked out all the contenders, Impreza, 3, Focus etc.

I originally wanted a focus when I first started researching but up close they didn't excite me, and I test drove one and I wasn't feelin it.

Then I test drove a CJ and thought it was pretty fun, and my first car was a lancer too, so I got one. Pretty simple. No regrets. :)

citris.87
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby citris.87 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 am

I think my reason is a little different to most... My last car had just blown up and I was on the hunt for a new one, however, I had just started a new relationship (bla bla bla) and we were working towards a family.

Anyhow, I have always been a big muscle car fan, and I always will be. When I started looking at cars, my partner wanted me to get something that will be reliable first, and after the wedding (I know I know) I can get a project car.

So I was looking around, and I was thinking the new muscle cars, but apart from the ZR1 (Which looked nothing like a muscle car), the new cars were, less then appealing. But then I saw the Lancer, or, rather the Evo... and at first glance, it had all the looks and styling of the muscle car, big gaping front end, aggressive look, a sloped forward appearance, flared arches... But... it was a 4cy i looked up some vids of what they sound like, not too bad for a 4cy, not the wet fart noise of a suburb, and I took a RA for a test drive, and the power was very good.

So anyhow, we went, got us a Red lancer VRX, drove it for a year, Partner liked it, the interior wasn't as horrible as I first imagined it would be. So last year, I sold that, test drove another RA, this time with the TCSST, was impressed with it, then ended up getting the Evo X MR... And I do not regret it at all :D

p.s. I purchased my car Second Hand, so that in the event I grow board of the SST (Becoming more and more unlikely every day), I can sell it in a year or 2, and get a Manual.

ScootaX
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ScootaX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:55 am

Well lets see.

I had a commodore typical hoon car, it was a ute was handy for work though. Anyways the computer was starting to fail and it had loads of Kms on it. So it was time to sell.

I wanted to get a LFA but that was out of the question so I was looking at getting a clubsport R8 coming from a huge HSV family or something jap. Anyways I was having trouble deciding between a skyline, sti, and evos. Anyways my cousin got a skyline so I skipped on that. Though I still couldn't decide the misses like the sti better. (Changed her thinking)

So I looked at reviews on each car. Top gear and Jeremy Clarkson were a great help in me deciding on what to get. Evo just looked like a whole load fun which it is! Anyways I got mine 2nd hand never test drive a evo before but oh well, with 22,000 km there was nothing wrong with it ( I did get it checked over ) I wanted manual but paddle shifters was hard to pass up. Very happy chappy.

Though I have got use to its power now :( so time to change it up

MOD TIME!!!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Youngest child, our daughter, was just about to get her Ps in early 2011 so I convinced Hubby that I needed a new car so we could give her the old one, a 1997 Mazda 121 Bubble. I'd had a couple of Mazdas since 1984 and loved them so wanted a Mazda 3. The salesmen at the local Mazda dealers were pretty useless and ran the other way when Hubby and I went in to test drive the Neo that was sitting on the lot. He decided that I wasn't getting one of those and had to expand my search.

In the next few days I hit the Ford, Holden, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, and Nissan dealers and looked at all the new cars that were under $25,000. Didn't get to the Suburu dealers though. Never really liked them. Nothing was exciting me even though I did rather like a red luxury Focus but didn't like the fact that the blinkers were on the wrong side. I was talking to the Toyota saleswoman and she reminded me that Mitsubishi still made Lancers. Just sitting in the Lancer made me all happy. That was it. Didn't go to any other dealers after that.

Took Hubby to look on the Saturday. He rather liked the look and we ordered the Lightning Blue one a few hours later. I sat and flicked between photos of a black one and a blue one trying to work out what colour I wanted for a while before deciding on the Blue though. Always wanted a black car but the Blue one was nicer.

One of the main reasons I wanted it was because it had bluetooth because the kids were always ringing me when I'm driving and it was on my list of must haves. Most of the other cars on the short list didn't have it. It also had a USB port and iPod compatibility. It has great looks and rather good fuel economy. Another reason I got it was the warranty. Best in the market.

It was also big enough to be useful but still small enough for me since I was usually going to be the only one in it. You really wouldn't believe how well it doubles as a removal van. Heaps of room.

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm

SXLancerMum wrote:Youngest child, our daughter, was just about to get her Ps in early 2011 so I convinced Hubby that I needed a new car so we could give her the old one, a 1997 Mazda 121 Bubble.

Smooth 8)

palimak1
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby palimak1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:25 pm

my car was a gift for me, didn't really have a choice :P

RustyBin5
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RustyBin5 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Had a kid - wanted a "sensible" family car with modification potential and room inside but with a mean sporty side for the weekends

The front grille and road presence helped too as did the fuel economy - (got the diesel turbo)
Former Chevette, Maestro, Audi A3 A4, CavalierSRi CDX, Almero, Lexus is200, Hyundai i30 owner

3:-O

RustyBin5
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RustyBin5 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Its tuned to 200 BHP at moment and averaging 50 mpg
engine a bit noisy but its eager and torquey
Former Chevette, Maestro, Audi A3 A4, CavalierSRi CDX, Almero, Lexus is200, Hyundai i30 owner

3:-O

Return to “General Talk”