***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Top Gear

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Tue May 12, 2009 11:00 pm

TG Brit has done some epic challenges from amphibious cars, to making a stretch limo - surely they can get some ideas off the brit show writers as to future things they can do here in australia. If the show bombs here again in 2009, there may not be a series 3.....and jezza won't get any extra cash.....has anyone heard how the yank version went in their 1st season????

sicsid
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby sicsid » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Wed May 13, 2009 8:48 am

It's what we were going to get, but sadly she is now on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy so can't work - lets hope the Jeep keeps going for another 6 months or so

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 am

God I love VR4's.

So so much. Beast of a car!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:55 am

as i said in another forum, everyone is compare Top Gear UK that has been running for quite a few years now to TGA that has been a few months.

you have a look at the first episodes of TG UK and it was SH!T.

I think they guys are doing a good job.

on the other forum all the guys are saying they cant drive, dont know what they are talking about and that the STIG CANT NOT drive. im sick of hearing this, obviously they got job because they DO know what they are talking about and that the STIG CAN drive. and if everyone else thinks they can do better, WHY didnt they put in their application form and if they did, why didnt they get the job.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am

I personally think all 3 of them are annoying. Sure they may know what they are talking about, but they act like complete tossers making for a pretty poor viewing experience.

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 pm

daveee wrote:God I love VR4's.

So so much. Beast of a car!

One day, one day. Just got to wait for the bub and then the Mrs to go back to work. Will either be the Legnum or an Evo VII GT-A

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Wed May 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Azza wrote:TG Brit has done some epic challenges from amphibious cars, to making a stretch limo - surely they can get some ideas off the brit show writers as to future things they can do here in australia. If the show bombs here again in 2009, there may not be a series 3.....and jezza won't get any extra cash.....has anyone heard how the yank version went in their 1st season????

I dont think TGA have the same budget as the UK show, maybe on another network but SBS?

Yeah I know the argument of 1st season of TGUK is crap but they have found their working formula now. Aussie version should of had the advantage of their learning experience. :roll:

Anyway if you don't like it turn over to Millionaire instead. :P

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Wed May 13, 2009 7:57 pm

I think we need a TG here in SA, seeing as Jezza is always ripping on us, but is always nice when he comes to visit :P. I mean we have some really nice driving roads around here. And the metro police are no problem at all, just buy them lunch and they will forget all traffic violations lol

Weight loss, tuning

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Wed May 13, 2009 9:50 pm

RALLI//////ART

Return to “General Talk”