***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Road rage

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 pm

How scary. I recognise where this occurred. I've had people cut me off there also. Luckily it was never like this !
(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:06 pm

That is feral. Too much sun, too much roids,

Bunnishiwa, given the camera was rolling and it will be used as evidence, I don't think retaliative actions would be good for the victims case (although under full adrenalin rush I would be tempted to...)

What a lousy way to start a young life, hope he gets a thorough sentence and a decent dose of xanax or rohypnol.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I've seen this before, and it really scared me how bad road rage can get... I mean I've experienced road rage (cos of tailgating idiots so on so fourth) and I'm fortunate to not experience something like this. Glad that the victim got away alright.
Seriously I gotta ask the perpetrator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Anyway, hope that guy doesn't ever get on the road again and gets what he deserves.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:46 pm

We ought to take up some self-defence to fend off people like these. They just can't be allowed to destroy your car, let alone hurt you just because of an argument on the road.

I myself may have to control my wrath, at least until I'm sure that I won't lose in a fight against these kinds of people.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Miss Aussie
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Miss Aussie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Worst road rage I've ever encountered was an idiot (in a lancer) who almost side swiped me by coming across 2 lanes straight into mine.
Not slowing down or backing off when I honked him, then proceeded to slam on the brakes in front of me.
When I changed lanes, he kept trying to side swipe me an run me off the road.

Cops did nothing :(

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm not sure I can agree Al. As someone thats trained in martial arts for 10 years, I can't say I want to fight someone like that. In extreme circumstances if I have no other choice and am backed into a corner... maybe.

But in situations like this I think the guy had it right. Just get away and get to the cops. Getting close and dealing with these types of people are too dangerous. Who knows what they might be hiding. If they bring out some type of weapon you'd run into trouble very quick
-Beeble spec custom tune (182kw 383nm)
-Cosworth Air Filter
-Evo X BOV
-Evo X Intercooler
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Ultimate Racing UPICP & LICP
-HFC & Ultimate Racing catback

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Your point is completely valid, Alex, especially with the hidden weapon thing, but I wasn't promoting violence. Mr. Miyagi once said, "It's not good to fight, but if we must, we." In that scenario, one would try to protect himself, his passengers and his vehicle. The victim was a bit lucky because the camera got everything cut out for him. the identity of the perp and his car were all on video. But not everyone has in-car surveillance. Evidence wise, others would have had a lot of trouble putting that arse wipe to justice.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Corzza2
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Corzza2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:00 am

Unreal hey
The Fleet

2009 FPV F6
2012 Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar
2008 Lancer VR - SOLD

mickyoz

Postby mickyoz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 am

I'm sure a few of you Ralliart and Evo guys coulda got away from him :mrgreen:

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:22 am

squala wrote:Your point is completely valid, Alex, especially with the hidden weapon thing, but I wasnt promoting violence. Mr. Miyagi once said, Its not good to fight, but if we must, we. In that scenario, one would try to protect himself, his passengers and his vehicle. The victim was a bit lucky because the camera got everything cut out for him. the identity of the perp and his car were all on video. But not everyone has in-car surveillance. Evidence wise, others would have had a lot of trouble putting that arse wipe to justice.

Oh totally agree Al, if there was no other choices and you're left with the only option is to fight then I say don't hold back! Don't get me wrong about that. I just don't think that fighting should be the first option is all :)

mickyoz wrote:Im sure a few of you Ralliart and Evo guys coulda got away from him :mrgreen:

Haha Mick, I'm not sure about that. My car is too low to go over those traffic islands like he did in the vid.

-Cosworth Air Filter

-Evo X BOV

-Evo X Intercooler

-Grimmspeed 3 port

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 am

honestly dude is a nut case, i get pretty crappy to ill stick a finger up at them flash the headlights, but jump on a bonnet and reverse into a car?? this guy should be bannedfrom driving for life, only thing with wheels he should be on is a pushbike.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

Slash
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Slash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm

He needs to be made an example of to deter other wankers like him!

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm

The thing is there is no deterrent for these people. Fine them, take their license off them, ban them from driving it does not matter; they will get behind the wheel again.

Give them a fine they wont pay it. Send them to court and they will pull whatever shit necessary to get out of a sentence. If they did end up in jail they may have a few sleepless nights but none of it will stop them.

These people have no soul. You look into their eyes when they are going off their nutter and they have nothing in there. Angry people. If they have had a shit day they will take it out on someone but if that someone turns around and throws it right back in their face; heaven forbid that should happen...

They can give it but cant take it. If they chase you; drive straight to a police station. If not one close drive to the nearest heavily populated area.
MZG1 leader

mickyoz

Postby mickyoz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

I dont know about driving to a populated area... could be even more dangerous for others...just lucky no one was seriously hurt.

Over the years I am a very passive driver and just let people in with merging etc, and be courteous... I get pissed off when your trying to legally over takeover someone, yet the idiot will then suddenly speed up on purpose, I just shake my head at them :)

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm

mickyoz wrote:I dont know about driving to a populated area... could be even more dangerous for others...just lucky no one was seriously hurt. Over the years I am a very passive driver and just let people in with merging etc, and be courteous... I get pissed off when your trying to legally over takeover someone, yet the idiot will then suddenly speed up on purpose, I just shake my head at them :)

I've had that happen so many times. There was this one time where my lane was ending and I needed to change lanes. I had plenty of room to do it in too... about 2 and a half car lengths of space - more. So what does the idiot do when he see's i'm indicating? Speeds up in his fully sick car blasts up so I cant merge and nearly crashes into the car in front because he was going too fast. Bloody idiots I swear.

Then there was today... stupid truck driver merging out decides he didnt want to take the room left to him by the other truck and go behind me. So instead speeds right up next to me and starts changing lanes into my lane while I'm right next to him...

I think the road's are just getting more and more dangerous

-Cosworth Air Filter

-Evo X BOV

-Evo X Intercooler

-Grimmspeed 3 port

Return to “General Talk”