***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Hoon suspended for life

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Hoon suspended for life

Postby lena91 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Link

They were also saying earlier that it was caught on camera on a phone, which was then used as key evidence against him.

Syke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Syke » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 am

always nice to see one moron ruin it for the rest of the country.
Syke
One step closer to owning an Evo

Google Is Your Friend! Learn to embrace it...
Check Out My Garage
http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1054

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

TrojanHorse wrote:That seems pretty harsh for doing a burnout! Surely there is more to the story that whats included in that link?

Yeah there was more to it, he was on E plates, and also had a passenger who was unrestrained and hanging out of the window.

Cause he was on E plates, it's likely he had a few previous offences against him but demonstrated to court that he needed his licence for work.

lena91
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lena91 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am

E plates are to show your on an Extrordinary Licence granted by the court, so his licence had already been suspended and he would have had to show that he needed his licence for work. You are only allowed to drive to and from the places written into the court order and you can be picked up if you dont abide by it and get your licence taken again.

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm

lena91 wrote:E plates are to show your on an Extrordinary Licence granted by the court, so his licence had already been suspended and he would have had to show that he needed his licence for work. You are only allowed to drive to and from the places written into the court order and you can be picked up if you dont abide by it and get your licence taken again.

Well put, they often enforce specific times during which you can drive to and from those places too. Such as between 7 and 9am to work, and 3-5pm from work

jerryme
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby jerryme » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm

So you get disqualified for doing a burnout but a slap on the wrist if you kill someone behind the wheel. Awesome logic

robert43
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby robert43 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm

jerryme wrote:So you get disqualified for doing a burnout but a slap on the wrist if you kill someone behind the wheel. Awesome logic

very true but also sad thing it wont stop people they will just drive with out a licence

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:07 pm

jerryme wrote:So you get disqualified for doing a burnout but a slap on the wrist if you kill someone behind the wheel. Awesome logic

I'm quite sure that this moron would have faced jail time when he killed someone while driving outside the court provisions. He doesn't deserve to drive given his record and never seemed to learn his lesson. But regardless, he will still be on the road in one form or another, I'm sure.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I swear when I read that article before it said 'notorious car club' whereas now it says 'Running on Empty'.
Which if you lived in Perth you would've guessed anyway. :P

It does seem a little harsh to me but obviously theres been previous offenses. They couldn't have been too serious if he was allowed an E licence though :?

Alixxandar
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Alixxandar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Dire wrote:I swear when I read that article before it said notorious car club whereas now it says Running on Empty. Which if you lived in Perth you wouldve guessed anyway. :P

You don't have to live in Perth to guess that either, I live in Bunbury and knew it'd either be them or Perth Street Cars.

dire wrote:It does seem a little harsh to me but obviously theres been previous offenses. They couldnt have been too serious if he was allowed an E licence though :?

I know a guy who got caught high range drink driving, got a suspended license, then got caught high range drink driving again while on a suspended license in an unregistered, unroadworthy car. He got E plates and just got his full license back

Edited by: Alixandarr
Reason: Fix quote

Return to “General Talk”