***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Courier question Adelaide to Sydney

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DaReeD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Courier question Adelaide to Sydney

Postby DaReeD » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows cheap reliable courier to transport a bonnet to Adelaide to Sydney I'm desperate lol!!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Is this for a replica Evo X steel bonnet by any chance?
Don't use TransDirect - see the group buy thread for the bonnets, to see all the dramas we had when things got damaged in transit.
If you're going to be transporting a bonnet... you need to be using PROPER packaging else you're going to end up with scrap metal....
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

DaReeD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby DaReeD » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah that's the 1 lol. I want to purchase it and just looking for a decent courier that's cheap and reliable. Don't really know how this would work since I haven't purchased anything this big b4. Do you know any other couriers that are cheap?

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Maybe for something that size, try ringing some interstate furniture removals and see if thr's a truck the bonnet can piggy back on for a price?
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 am

RyanMK wrote:Maybe for something that size, try ringing some interstate furniture removals and see if thrs a truck the bonnet can piggy back on for a price?

The problem here is how the thing is handled. You cannot have them stuck stuff on top of it. Also stacking it vertically will put too much pressure the edges of the bonnet causing it to curl or bend or be impacted at some points.
Basically needs to be on a pallet of some sort lying flat and nothing stacked on top of it. So you'll need to find a freight company that can adhere to such instructions.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

donutcrooks
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Re: Courier question Adelaide to Sydney

Postby donutcrooks » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi, What you think about Hunter post for furniture or any other heavy thing!
Just buy Hudson Furniture online at wholesale prices in Australia.

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 pm

DaReeD wrote:Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows cheap reliable courier to transport a bonnet to Adelaide to Sydney I'm desperate lol!!

When I bought my RA bonnet (and side skirts) off of another great member on the forums, they used E-Go Couriers. Seemed to come pretty timely and the pricing was nice from what I recall although I can't remember exact numbers. Another part I purchased from a wreckers in Sydney also used E-go but to a different address, had Hunter Express drop it off. You can have a delivered to your address, or have them hold it for you at one of their pick up points for less of a cost. The parts arrived in a pretty good state. Bonnet (it's aluminium) had some slight bends of the tips closest to the windshield. I don't know if that makes sense. Two seconds to push them back into shape though. Skirts and Rear Bar were perfect.

I guess they transport it from state to state and then contract the delivery (if requested) out. That's my understanding anyway.

EDIT: I'm so retarded I didn't realise how old this was.

johnnydougherty
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby johnnydougherty » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:48 pm

I used to live in Adelaide but I am now living here in Perth and I used BRI domestic transport providers as my reliable courier to transport bonnet. It was very cheap and good pricing and just to think im in Perth. This was so old but i had to comment it since i got my goods just now. Haha
Last edited by johnnydougherty on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:27 am

Return to “General Talk”