***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

fight to keep the skunk sounding great

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sat May 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Thats understandable. 4DB is hardley something to get pissy about. And i suppose its good that you get your next service free, thats good customer service in my opinion.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: fight to keep the skunk sounding great

Postby DavidAnthony » Sat May 02, 2009 10:55 pm

bigdave_1988 wrote:ok so story goes like this

on my way home last thursday i got pulled over by the redcliff traffic c.... in an unmarked RA and given 2 fines....

An unmarked RA?
As in Ralliart?
RALLI//////ART

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:56 pm

yeah mate

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Sat May 02, 2009 11:00 pm

bigdave_1988 wrote:yeah mate

Damn. They are driving everything these days.
Once you used to just watch our for Ford and Holdens.
RALLI//////ART

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat May 02, 2009 11:52 pm

tadz0rz wrote:+ he could of had stuff in the backseat making it heavier. Bringing the car down furthur.

Wahahhaaaa.... yes, those large magnetic circles and strange power generation devices he drives around with.... :o

I think Dave, he's a sad and annoyed V8 loving, revhead.... longing to be in the Pursuit spec Monaro..... and now he's stuck on Lancer Patrol and hates the RA....

He's seen the Skunk ride.... hears the 'tunes' (and your choice there can often be enough).... he's heard the sweet zoosrt note.... rubbed his hands with glee and pulled you up.... ** If he sees the neons, he'll wet himself for sure....

I know Redcliffe cops too mate, and I'll tell you.... change your route home or muffle the zoorst... He'll be there, for sure.... just to get you now "on the way home for work"... and he'll ticket you again and again.

*** Makes mental note to look out for an unmarked RA on the Bruce....

---------------------------------------

bigdave_1988 wrote:took the car down to mitsubishi and had the DB test on friday and came in at a massive 4DB over the maximum level... thats about as loud as an ants fart so im pissed off...

4dB is actually quite alot.... You only need 10dB to be twice as loud in output volume - taking account on a huge amount of variables also....

I think the measured legal limit is 90dB-96dB...?

Most night clubs have a 95-100dB legal sound limit to keep.... I've sound mixed at places that have a power trip switch if you go over the limit.... shuts down the whole sound system for 20 -30 seconds....

Either way, any prolonged exposure to 85dB or louder is making you deaf in the long run anyway....
How many hours a week are you in the car, Dave...? You're certainly on the damaging end of the noise spectrum...
How Loud Is Too Loud?
**Puts Audio Engineer Qualification away

I also hope Mitsubishi did the test correctly for you..... or got Qld. Transport to do it..... Lots of 'ambient noise in testing area' variables you could protest on if they did it in their garage or workshop....
National Stationary Exhaust Noise Test Procedures for In-Service Motor Vehicles

Reference for Noise dB Limits:
Part Nine - Control of Emissions in this ---
Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Vehicle Standards and Safety) - Regulation 1999

bigdave_1988 wrote:the manager.... he said it was never there intention to sell me an illegally modified car and said my next service was free as way of apology

Mmmmm... sounds suss...
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Sun May 03, 2009 12:46 am

Lol well if hes barely 100mm off the ground with 20" rims, i aint suprised he got pulled over lol.

Its unfortunate, i woulda thought the cop would of liked big daves lancer, especially with those wheels. but obviously he doesnt passion that us lancer owners have for our cars :P

Do you get rubbing issues big dave? or did you get your guards rolled?
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun May 03, 2009 1:53 am

mitch.honey wrote:
tadz0rz wrote:whats wrong with your wheels mitch?

they are 19's
but the es comes out with 16's but optional 18's
so the plark says 16s and he is like they are too big
dosnt bother me they were fitted by dealer

going by the size of tyre used on your car mitch i am 99% sure they are legal. the 2" rule cops go off is wrong. the RTA states the diameter of the tyre must be within +/- 15mm of the stock tyres diameter.

Eagle
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Eagle » Sun May 03, 2009 2:02 am

tadz0rz wrote:Lol well if hes barely 100mm off the ground with 20" rims, i aint suprised he got pulled over lol.

Yea, the legal limit in qld is "100mm at the lowest point when fully laden"

Not your fault; dealer's fault.

You might want to check out this page
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=25512 ... ght=#25512

crudman
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby crudman » Sun May 03, 2009 3:39 am

based on whats said it looks like the cop is spot on. even if it was measured 101mm... the car is going to be lower by more than 1mm just by simply sitting in it (i assume you didn't sit in the car to measure it).

but then he added the comment in "i wouldnt have bought my son such an expensive car with an expensive stereo in the first place"... (which is BS cos i paid for my car and am still paying for it)

personally if you're worried about being seen as a 'mummy's/daddy's boy then i would suggest not sending/agreeing to them to act on your behalf. if some teen hit your car in what was his own car and you later contacted him to find his parents dealing with you what would you think?

tadz0rz wrote:Thats understandable. 4DB is hardley something to get pissy about. And i suppose its good that you get your next service free, thats good customer service in my opinion.

more like an unofficial settle out of court matter... or even if you wernt going take them to court(effort/cost) for selling you/registering for you a possibly unroadworthy car then its to at least keep it away from the media... or at the very least away from mitsubishi hq.

its almost the same principle wise as finding out a razor was in your cornflakes after eating it unknowningly. then being glad they gave you a replacement + 10 free boxes thinkin you just profited 10 boxes. kelloggs would be laughing if u accepted that offering.

the manager said they could put the standard exhaust system back on the car but im happy with the car the way it is (if it turns out to be a reoccuring problem with this copper i will change the exhaust but until then i will see how it goes

the next time it will be even worse then... knowingly driving with a defect and you won't be able to pin it on the dealer that time around. what ever happens that time you're on your own.

re rims:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf

re attention:

fact is stripes/20"/muffler/loud stereo is rice attracting unwanted attention
hear stereo/muffler--> see stripes/rims --> siren

personally stripes should stay in the usa/v8s

n fact is every1 knows that if you're young and have a car that looks far from standard ... you will be stereotyped
is it fair? its arguable but most things arn't fair...thats the world we live in... people find a way to live with it or are smart about it...
its not just isolated to driving either. if you step into a client's board room with flipflops and a tshirt no1 is going to take you seriously. they won't care if its your style or not.

if you want to express yourself to the fullest i suggest do it away from a highly regulated industry.

Return to “General Talk”