***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What cars will be worth big money in a 30yrs time

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

What cars will be worth big money in a 30yrs time

Postby bd-850 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

So we know old GTHO Falcons and SLR Toranas, and the like are fetching big money now-a-days.

so my question is what Current cars that you can buy now do you think will be fetching big money in 30yrs time.

im not talking about your exotics like Ferrari, Porsche, R35 Skylines and etc.

i will make it $40,000 limit, only cars under that price

just your plain jane cars.

k GO..

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AdamD » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Honda CRX GEN 2 from 1988 - 1990
NA6 MX-5

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Why would a cheap plain car fetch big money in 30yrs? If everyone could go out and buy one, then, ....

Cars like the GTHO were ludicrously expensive, had outrageous performance and were so scarce that you could have sold it at a profit straight after delivery.

The only thing I can think of that comes close is the W427.

ninjured
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby ninjured » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:25 pm

ha i actually had this conversation on the weekend after seeing some sweet pics of my dads old datsun 1600 rally car from back in the day. my mate reckons the later model monaros will be worth a bit of coin in the future other than that i reckon r34 gtrs maybe

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Although considerably more expensive than 40k, I've always thought the focus RS would be an excellent collectors car due to the limited numbers they came here in and as the st will be coming soon
All bleeding stops eventually!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Due to the 5 potter no longer being available, I think that will help with the RS.... All the other RS models attract a reasonable amount of $$...

I reckon the 86 / BRZ might be in 30yrs time, all depends on how many survive though.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 pm

ninjured wrote:ha i actually had this conversation on the weekend after seeing some sweet pics of my dads old datsun 1600 rally car from back in the day. my mate reckons the later model monaros will be worth a bit of coin in the future other than that i reckon r34 gtrs maybe

My Dad did up an old Dato 1600 that had been written off. He was a panel beater. Gorgeous old thing. I used to love driving it around. My Mum made him trade it on a Camry. Broke his heart. Broke mine too.

Some guy bought it and it is now a show car and worth a packet.

I have no idea what will be worth money in years to come. Cars like Toranas were everywhere when I was young. Our school was given one by the local Holden dealers for the learn to drive program they had. My Dad had a perfect HK Premier and my boyfriend had a HT Kingswood. I had a perfect 1970 Mini K 1100. I'd hate to buy one of those now. Then I got a 929 Coupe. Pointy nose RX4 shape. I really wish I never had to get rid of my cars. After my history of having great cars and getting rid of them I'm not selling the ones I have now. They're probably the ones that are going to be worth money one day.

So on my history I'd say Mazda 121 Bubble and a CJ Lancer will be worth a packet in years to come lol

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Z3M
Can be had for around 30-40k these days (Aus prices) and it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes 100k+ in 30 years

R32 GTR
Although they're cheap at the moment with the amount being written off they will become a collectors item and price will increase in time.

I agree with Adam, the CRX will go up in price, too. Awesome little hoon car :P It may not fetch as much as an NSX which are currently 60k+ but it'll probably be worth a bit in 30 years.

Leyland P76 - perhaps. It was the only Aussie developed & built (?) car, they're kind of cheap at the moment but it could go up in value.

I don't see the CJ ever being a classic, yes it looks awesome but in the line of mass produced cars from, say, 1985 almost none of the big brand names show any sign of value going up.

I'm talking the standard models too, ie v6 commodores, v6 falcons, lancers, camrys etc. The high end models like Senators or Tommi Mäkinen Evo 6's can hold value and may increase in value too.

just my 2c :)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

MG ZT 260. Only a very small amount came here before MG pulled out of Australia and soon after closed up for good. When they turn up on the used market they go pretty quick. The value in them is higher if its the 1st gen version before the updated front bar came in. Most of the 2nd gen owners did the front bar conversions to switch back to the 1st gen version.

Renaultsport Clio, the v6 one. Dont think there is many of them here either.
MZG1 leader

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Graham wrote: Leyland P76 - perhaps. It was the only Aussie developed & built (?) car, theyre kind of cheap at the moment but it could go up in value. )

P75 will NEVER be worth anything, maybe if Metal becomes extramly rare

:P
tjoz wrote:Renaultsport Clio, the v6 one. Dont think there is many of them here either.

i think there is one in the country

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Subaru Liberty's especially turbo models as they will be rare as most will have blown their engines.

And maybe the last built Monaro's.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I'd like to think that if ever the Evo X and RA will not have successors, they will fetch good value.

debonaire wrote:The only thing I can think of that comes close is the W427.

This is nothing more than a Commodore with a Corvette Z06 engine.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

AdamD
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby AdamD » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Monaro's with the 6.0 litre in it.

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 pm

XR6T/F6/G6E. If it's the last of the Ford straight sixes with turbos. V8 killers!

RawrlliArt
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RawrlliArt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Seeming as ralliart shut down, any older evo with full ralliart specs will be worth a fortune (ralliart TME, evo 9 etc)

Return to “General Talk”