***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

bumblebee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Sunfull seem to be reasonable popular in our neck of the woods. They are certainly inexpensive and work great in the wet and dry. I know you can buy them from "etyre store " google them. They are in brisbane and a few other places.
You can get them under $100 each fitted. That sounds like a great price to me, thats extremely affordable. I dont even pay $250 for a new motorcycle tyre for my road bike

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 pm

I checked and they don't list an 18" to fit my CJ, either 215/45 or 225/40. But I'll be buying the RE003 next year!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby burfadel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am

sarusa wrote:2.4 ltr motor should be offered as an alternative on lower spec vehicles and direct injection should already be there.

Direct injection does have disadvantages. They should have made the 4J12 (improved 4B12) standard in countries that don't have engine size limitations in the 2013 makeover, and 4J11 in those that do. ASX colour display should also have been standard, along with at least some noise insulation.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 am

Wonder if vinyl wrap ,say carbon fiber black or silver, as my car is silver, will help in sound deadening, rather then all the work of doing it from the interior?

Dazz4C
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Dazz4C » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm

sarusa wrote:Wonder if vinyl wrap ,say carbon fiber black or silver, as my car is silver, will help in sound deadening, rather then all the work of doing it from the interior?

A negligible amount. Too thin for it to have any damping effect.

bumblebee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bumblebee » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm

sarusa wrote:Wonder if vinyl wrap ,say carbon fiber black or silver, as my car is silver, will help in sound deadening, rather then all the work of doing it from the interior?

I would doubt it would make any difference in the slightest. Go googling and see if anyone in your area does sound deadening so you can take you vehicle to them and let them do it. Will cost you some coin. Will be worth while for sure.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

burfadel wrote:ASX colour display should also have been standard...

I did this mod, got a color cluster from an Outlander and it is way better than the stock red center display still found on some CFs.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

bumblebee
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bumblebee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

I just picked up my Lancer from the local agent who did the sound deadening on it and OMG im blown away with how quiet my Activ is now. I can no longer hear the engine running at idle. I can hear the radiator fans turn on and the click from the air con when it kicks in. And road noise has dropped by as a guess 50% at least. Fantastic. Im so impressed. The swapping of tyres to cure it is not the be all end all of solutions its just a bandaid. Get the spund deadening done and it will be even quieter still. Looking forward to getting the rest of my mods done over the next few months

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 pm

bumblebee wrote:

I would doubt it would make any difference in the slightest. Go googling and see if anyone in your area does sound deadening so you can take you vehicle to them and let them do it. Will cost you some coin. Will be worth while for sure.

Sounds like the best bet is remove roof liner and hit it from inside. Ouch! :)

Return to “General Talk”