***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BenJ
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby BenJ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:43 pm

how's the rubber on the inside of the window has scratch my tint on evey door not a very good design,any on else had this problem?

Frizz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Frizz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 pm

I bought a 2012 MY13 Car for 30k with luxury pack and got no bluetooth audio streaming? :(

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Fuel lid is on the wrong side of the car!

After 21 years with it on the drivers side I now have to remember to park on the other side of the bowser when fueling up.

Also why do they still put the fuel and boot release in the same spot on the from, given most will either use the key fob or the button on the boot why even have it in such a stupid place?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:19 pm

When the traction control kicks in, it's like someones turned off the power, it's so abrupt. and turning off the TCS is not much better. I love how my old CC you could force wheel spin and know how long it would last, and lifting off would bring things back under control.

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 am

Frizz wrote:I bought a 2012 MY13 Car for 30k with luxury pack and got no bluetooth audio streaming? :(

Yeah when I bought my VRX I just sort of assumed that if it had Bluetooth for phones, it could play music over Bluetooth as well.

Some research since then has shown that this is not the case.

I'm just gonna get a bluetooth receiver and hide it, plugged into the AUX. A bit annoying, but it saves having to plug the AUX in all the time.

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 am

Lancer1993 wrote:Fuel lid is on the wrong side of the car! After 21 years with it on the drivers side I now have to remember to park on the other side of the bowser when fueling up. Also why do they still put the fuel and boot release in the same spot on the from, given most will either use the key fob or the button on the boot why even have it in such a stupid place?

I find if I'm in the drivers seat and need to open the boot for someone else, the lever helps (I keep my key in my pocket). It's the same setup as my old mirage, so it's normal for me.

But the fuel cap is on the opposite side, as you say. I've only filled up once, but it did trick me ;)

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 am

I don't like the colour scheme of the interior. In fact the whole interior is kind of bland when compare to the beautiful exterior.

I'm going to change from the sci-fi orange to cool white/blue.

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 am

seanomccool wrote: But the fuel cap is on the opposite side, as you say. Ive only filled up once, but it did trick me ;)

There's an arrow on the gauge that points to the side the filler is on, and when the "REFUEL NOW" message comes on screen, it also points to the side of the filler.

newlancer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby newlancer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:34 am

BenJ wrote:hows the rubber on the inside of the window has scratch my tint on evey door not a very good design,any on else had this problem?

I have this problem too. I've read that people have tried sanding the seal but I'm not willing to give that a go. I got my tinting done with Mitsubishi so they should cover the scratching....shouldn't they?
"You cant buy Happiness but you can buy cars....That's kind of the same thing."

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am

newlancer wrote:[quote:0452257eb9=BenJ]hows the rubber on the inside of the window has scratch my tint on evey door not a very good design,any on else had this problem?

[/quote:0452257eb9] I have this problem too. Ive read that people have tried sanding the seal but Im not willing to give that a go. I got my tinting done with Mitsubishi so they should cover the scratching....shouldnt they?

it is a common fault with the lancers u can get these special felt things for it eg one of my mates is a window tintier and he will but the felt thing with mine when i get the windows done one day

how the lancers come out with AUX on the radio and not the cord unless u have the RF in them or the previous owners put the cord in
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:15 pm

r00tc4u53 wrote:[quote:8798fbd56b=seanomccool] But the fuel cap is on the opposite side, as you say. Ive only filled up once, but it did trick me ;)[/quote:8798fbd56b] Theres an arrow on the gauge that points to the side the filler is on, and when the REFUEL NOW message comes on screen, it also points to the side of the filler.

I did not realize that, need to check the next time I need to fill up.

I'll also have to ask about the felt thing as I plan to tint the front windows next week.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:40 am

seanomccool wrote:[quote:cc8e6af88e=Frizz]I bought a 2012 MY13 Car for 30k with luxury pack and got no bluetooth audio streaming? :([/quote:cc8e6af88e] Yeah when I bought my VRX I just sort of assumed that if it had Bluetooth for phones, it could play music over Bluetooth as well. Some research since then has shown that this is not the case. Im just gonna get a bluetooth receiver and hide it, plugged into the AUX. A bit annoying, but it saves having to plug the AUX in all the time.

Yeah, thank goodness they changed the headunit in the newer models. Bluetooth streaming galore as well as voice activated phone calls. Both features the old MMCS lacked.

One thing that drives me nuts on these cars?
The fact the door handles no longer have the sensors to open the car... ggrrr
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:57 am

When did they remove the door sensors?

Actually one annoying thing about them is I've noticed when washing the car with the key in my pocket the doors lock then unlock for no apparent reason, don't know if it's the action of the water hitting the handle or something else?

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:57 am

Why would they remove the sensors?

I've always thought the sensors were conductive, so just barely touching them is enough. Maybe water does the same.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 am

Maybe, next time I'll leave the key in the car and see if it does the same thing.

Return to “General Talk”