***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:40 am

Lancer1993 wrote:When did they remove the door sensors? Actually one annoying thing about them is Ive noticed when washing the car with the key in my pocket the doors lock then unlock for no apparent reason, dont know if its the action of the water hitting the handle or something else?

I have the same problem with mine when washing it, I find if you unlock the car before you start washing it won't do it! If I have the car unlocked I always find the water hits the button on the door handle to unlock the car and it does if the key is in close enough proximity to the car! Leave your car unlocked while washing it and you shouldn't then have an issue! :)

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 am

Lancer1993 wrote:When did they remove the door sensors? Actually one annoying thing about them is Ive noticed when washing the car with the key in my pocket the doors lock then unlock for no apparent reason, dont know if its the action of the water hitting the handle or something else?

No idea when they removed it. But its def not on the MY15s...
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

el3ment wrote:[quote:dda983a239=Lancer1993]When did they remove the door sensors? Actually one annoying thing about them is Ive noticed when washing the car with the key in my pocket the doors lock then unlock for no apparent reason, dont know if its the action of the water hitting the handle or something else?[/quote:dda983a239] No idea when they removed it. But its def not on the MY15s...

My 2012 MY13 doesn't have this I noticed today either!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:08 pm

I use the door sensor just about every time I open my car, keys a so out of date, even a remote LOL I remember confusing a mechanic when I first got the CJ. He went to open the drivers door, nothing. I touched the handle and it unlocked.

Why would Mitsubishi take away such a cool feature?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:50 am

Yeah, I don't bother with the remote. My pockets are always so full cards/keys/etc that it's easier to just open it with my hand.

Sanlirra
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sanlirra » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:50 am

Lancer1993 wrote:I use the door sensor just about every time I open my car, keys a so out of date, even a remote LOL I remember confusing a mechanic when I first got the CJ. He went to open the drivers door, nothing. I touched the handle and it unlocked. Why would Mitsubishi take away such a cool feature?

When we were looking at a new car for Mum I noticed this and asked the guys at Mitsisquishy. Apparently they were prone to malfunctioning and were hard to replace/fix so they removed the sensor and now just have the button on the handle....

I wish they kept the sensor, I love it on my VRX tis very cool and great to trick friends with :P I always walk up to Mum's MY14.5 GSR and try to open it as I do mine XD

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:18 pm

That's a bugga, loved this feature on my old 2008 VRX and now I don't have it on my newer one, was such a good feature and you never had to bother finding the keypad!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:36 pm

You know this is the definition of a first world problem LOL

One thing that would be nice on my VRX is a indication on the dash for the auto wipers is on, unless you pay close attention to what is selected. Which is annoying as I prefer to have it off most of the time as I've had it come on all by its self when dry.

Same goes for the cruise control, just having a light on the dash its on is useless as you have no indication if it's actually active or just in stand by mode.

Have these changed in later models after MY09?

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 am

I agree on both those points. It's hard to tell if you're on Auto mode for wipers or lights cos they're behind the wheel.

Cruise sometimes kicks in when I set it and other times doesn't. Still getting the feel for it. The only way to tell if it worked is to let off the accelerator!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Auto lights is easy enough, given the making on the stalk, wipes not so much. As for CC it would be nice if the dash info flashed or something when it was actually being used. Would be good if it also warned the driver if i have been on for some time, maybe 30 minutes.

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:You know this is the definition of a first world problem LOL One thing that would be nice on my VRX is a indication on the dash for the auto wipers is on, unless you pay close attention to what is selected. Which is annoying as I prefer to have it off most of the time as Ive had it come on all by its self when dry. Same goes for the cruise control, just having a light on the dash its on is useless as you have no indication if its actually active or just in stand by mode. Have these changed in later models after MY09?

Nope, hasn't changed. Still the same in MY15 models. I never leave my wipers in auto. I only use it if it rains intermittendly and can't be bothered flicking the stalk to on and off...

With CC, im used to it. The magna I had was the same. Light comes on when you turn the feature on, but not activate it... :)
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 pm

I know the CC has some over ride features, like if you touch the brakes or clutch it deactivated. This is good when I'm going through road works where the traffic is free flowing at say 80, when I get to the end just drop back a gear and off I go.

I know they have upgraded and added some features over the years the CJ has been around, just wish they had done more. I'm sure there are loads of current owners who might have had one for years and want to upgrade but don't see the point just to get auto folding mirrors and seat warmers. Or some how see the current new prices but know they can get the equivalent 5yo model for half the price or less. Just today someone thought mine was new.

Um back on topic... not sure if I bought it up before but the tissue holder in the lid of the center console, how the crap do you get tissues into it? Also it's in a dumb place unless you're double jointed the driver is not going to get to them while driving.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 pm

How in the right lighting conditions you can't see the center part of the instruments, where the fuel and other info is... so I came up with this handy mod :)

Its just a piece of cardboard from the back of a note pad, and some left over carbon wrap to make it look the part inside my Lancer :D

It doesn't interfear with the steering and if you want you can slide under the dash mat and out of the way and just pull it out when needed.
It's one of those annoying things that Mitsubishi could easily fix with a pull out part on the dash.

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Think they solved that problem with the colour screen, never had a problem seeing it.

Have lots of other dislikes about the interior though, cheap look and feel, rattles and squeaks and so on... tired a remedy for that: went to the ford dealer to ask about the new mustang though... was peeved when they announced it was coming AFTER I'd ordered the lancer, upgrade time can't come soon enough!!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:52 am

I don't think in this case it was the screen, it was the light hitting the clear plastic covering it.

Can't afford a color version right now but will keep my eyes open for one if I'm at the wreckers.

Return to “General Talk”