***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nicho
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Nicho » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 am

I don't like the lack or rear visability.

Tthe interior plastics are ok, beter that other cars around the same price so I'm not too worried about them. For example the girlfriends parents just bought a new jeep cherokee for about $35K and the plastic in that is a lot worse than in the lancer.

The other thing I don't like is how the rear of the car looks like a mazda but the front of the car really makes up for that!

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:46 am

I'm with Davee, think the interior plastics are fine.

Road noise and the CVT "Drone" are my biggest headaches - but I can fix them both with Dynamat.

The MMCS is nearly awesome but it can be hard to see with the sun on it, I hate having to press agree everytime I turn the car on, I hate that you can't get decent brightness to watch a DVD during the day and I hate that you cant set Sat Nav or the equaliser while driving.

Finally I am not happy with the paint, it does seem really thin and chips very easily.

Having said all that I love it and it has to be in the top 3 of cars I have owned

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 am

Hoggy my old mans Accord has the agree button on it's GPS too...most cars that have inbuilt GPS have it. I guess its to cover them if you were to crash and were playing with it.

Another thing I dislike is the lack of clock when I have my MMCS display off (generally all the time unless I'm using the GPS).

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am

I know Davee, and I understand that IF it lets you change while driving but why make you agree to something that you have to do anyway cause you can't change anything while driving

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am

Reading all this has made me depressed, I'm hanging up my boots, next time you'll see me I'll be driving a Scooby :p

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 am

tadz0rz wrote:the glove box is really bad. maybe someone could make a how to on putting a light in your glove box

I'll see what I can figure out over the next week while I have some time off from work. Should be a fairly simple mod...just need to mount a momentary switch or a reed switch somewhere and glue in some lights....

More than likely I'll suss it all out tomorrow and then visit jacar on Saturday!!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:25 am

Wow after reading all this I have found out ally about our lancers but from what I can tell most of the problems are virtually things that mitu has rushed. All the tyre noise problems could have been fixed very easily noon mitsus part. As for the interor I love the look and layout off it but mitsu could have pulled it off so much better. Those sun visers are flimsy as I put my garage opener clip on it and I got a mass indentation from it

This post shows that although the lancer isn't perfect, anyone who has bought one has got it for the undeniable reason for the fact that they love their lancers and we see past it's flaws. Although some people who buy it just to be a 'car' and not an experience will hardly care about the lancers imperfections that every car has. No car will ever be perfect

But in a few words on what I do feel about my lancer. I love my lancer and I wouldn't change it for a thing
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am

sorry for my spelling errors in that previous post, i posted it on my ipod lol. couldnt be botherd picking up my laptop
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 am

Well there you go - I thought iPods were for listening to music.... technology eh.

Rear visability in the Sportback is NIL - I countered that with reverse sensors, so we are ok there.

I am not convinced the seat foam on the edges is good quality - already the foam on my car is starting to have creases in it that are coming through the seat material where it gets squeezed as you exit the car and put weight on it. Not a good look when you open the door and see that.

Road noise - I don't think it's an issue - then again, my car is '09 and a Sportback so maybe it's different to older sedans.

The chrome tailpipe tip looks a bit dicky in its bolt on format - it tooks too big for the actual real tip, which is still quite visible when you look at it from ground level.

Space saver spare tyre is not desirable. Option to spec real tyre not being available is even worse (there is a reference on Mitsu website to boot capacity when using a full sized spare compared to boot capacity when using space saver, but I can't find any place where it says you can buy one and when questioning the dealer at purchase time, I was told it wasn't an option from Mitsu).

I don't like that the ave. fuel usage and ave. speed resets itself after the car hasn't been driven for a while.

So far paint is fine, so can't fault that. Light inside the car at night is fine - the Sportback has two interior lights - one near the rear vision mirror and one halfway along the roof.

Everything else is top notch - can't fault it.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 am

Integrated sound system needs aftermarket face plates to chage.
Paint "DOES" chip easy.
ES seats dont hug you well enough when going around corners.

Other then that i love my lancer.

Oh yeah....... needs some dynamat.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

nlilith
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nlilith » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm

I HATE the fact that you can't change radio stations or skip CDs from the steering wheel control. Major design defect if you ask me - even camrys have this feature!

Otherwise, fuel consumption and rear vision as well.

Oh, and my gear stick gets notchety sometimes too.

Panther4B11
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Panther4B11 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Yeah I'm pretty happy with what i got.. Except my paint.. But i got a the warrenty for that so it's okay..

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:54 pm

spunkybob wrote:ES seats dont hug you well enough when going around corners.

:lol: thats cos its an ES which was designed as a company/family hack and not to be pushed around corners quick and spill the groceries :P shoulda bought a VRX :P

nlilith wrote:I HATE the fact that you can't change radio stations or skip CDs from the steering wheel control. Major design defect if you ask me - even camrys have this feature!

I can change the radio from my steering wheel controls (but I have an aftermarket deck hooked upto a steering wheel interface convertor :P )

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Mine things are picky little ones. I don't like that the boot doesn't pop up a little so you have to stick your fingers under it & I don't like the material on the centre console (one day i hope to make a cover for it :) ). I too wish that I could keep the fuel averages like my old berlina did. But other than that I love it. :D

Ohh, I just remembered something else I really hate & that's the mirrors. Cars look further away than they really are & when I go to change lanes I must nearly hit them. I still haven't got used to it yet. But at least only one person has stuck the finger up at me so far.

Return to “General Talk”