***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Luke wrote:no Aux or spoiler on ES *mad2*

You can fit one by DIY. I did it. I'll just find the link.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=743&h ... aux+wiring

That should be it. Enjoy. :)

Doesn't take too long and you'll end up learning how to take the dash apart to get to the stereo as well.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2296& ... sh+removal
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:11 am

For those wanting to change the sound of the indicator but don't know where it is: if u go to the settings menu go down till u see a triangle with the numbers 1 and 2 and the number 1 will have a box around it, showing it's using option 1 for the indicator noise
Boost life scrambles the brain

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:49 am

No adjustable lumbar support in my ES - I mean twenty grand for a new car and no lumbar support?!?!?!
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Berger
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Berger » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:54 am

This is my first Mitsubishi Lancer and it has some nice features, mostly drive train related. The things that could use improving are mostly creature comforts, foot-well lighting, glove-box lighting, cup holder and center storage lighting, tinted windows and maybe auto-dimming rear view mirror. Most of the issues will be resolved with a strip of LED lighting including a strip 2 ft long in the trunk to replace the stock bulb, what a difference. I will experiment with a mirror from a Maxima? or some other donor car and I will be set. If you think your seats are bad, sit in a Maxima, just like a cardboard box. I do like driving this car.
Biking, skiing tinkering

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Zaphod wrote:[color=blue:3fb0787e29][size=14:3fb0787e29] No adjustable lumbar support in my ES - I mean twenty grand for a new car[i:3fb0787e29] and no lumbar support?!?!?![/i:3fb0787e29][/size:3fb0787e29][/color:3fb0787e29]

Spend $35,000 or above on an Aspire and you still don't get it lol.

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm

R4LLI4RT wrote:expensive to service dash rattles way too much seats are poor quality expensive aftermarket parts

I haven't had the dash rattle yet, more specifically, the MMCS has two buttons, Seek and volume that have a metallic ting when you hit bumps after a few years use that drives me mad. I was thinking of wedging some bluetac under them out of sight. The noise is that bad, if I wasn't selling the Aspire in a month or two, id buy a newer MMCS and sell the old one.

Another complaint with the MMCS is the touch screen on the most heavily used part, the retun symbol at top right, hardly works after nearly 5yrs of use.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Paint - I have a MY09 VRX and the paint is not the best, I've only had it a couple of months so have no idea how it has been treated in the last 5 years. Also it seems thin in some parts plus it's annoying they don't paint visible metal in the boot the same color as the car.

Build Quality - the bumpers feel to thin when I wash them. Yes the interior does feel a bit cheap and the sun visors could be better.

Power windows - would be nice if they went up all the way with one flick of the switch, much easier if you pull away from a rive through of parking toll and can let it do it's thing while you concentrate on the driving. Would also be nice if the drivers controls did the same for all the windows, problem a safety thing? Also a separate lock for the doors near the window lock would be nice, bit awkward using the one near the latch.

Power mirrors - Would be nice if the 09' models had auto folding and indicators but I hear they can be added at a price. Just having a manual electric folding would have been nice but no luck.

Cup Holder - should be on the left of the hand brake, cans and normal coffee are fine but large cups like frozen Coke are too tall and make changing gears in a manual a challenge.

Speedo - on the wrong side, I know this has been corrected in later models so will be saving up for a full color display change.

Bootlip - hard to open, no hand grip so you need to use the spoiler to open it, a couple of times I've driven off and looked down to see the warning it is not locked. Feeling like an idiot when you pull over to shut it down fully.

Steering - need reach adjustment for a better driving position, is there any mod to fix this like retro fitting a steering column from a later model?

Sluggish - Can be a little slow at times to get going, especially when caught in a lower gear but I guess thats good in a way when driving in traffic. Just need to drop down a gear or two and get the RPM over 3k.

Gear change - could be better, wonder if a short shift would improve things?

Rear visibility - love the look of the VRX rear wing, until you get inside and it make a massive blind spot in the center of the window, was thinking of going spoiler-less which could fix the boot opening issue without the heavy wing on top. Or get a taller carbon EVO one when I have the money. I must say I do like the convex side mirrors, much better than Nissan who have normal ones and suddenly you can't see as much behind you.

Fuel consumption - could be better, got it under 7lt/100 on a day trip of about 400km mostly hwy driving but around town I'm lucky to see it go below 10 most days. Got better out of my CC coupe, just 1.8Lt but it was pushing around a lot less weight. I could average 8-9 around town and I'm not a slow driver. Guess thats the price you pay for a modern car full of airbags and weighing 30% more with a 2.4Lt engine.

Space saver - in two minds over this, I saw a CJ with a full size spare and you loose 10cm of boot space, maybe Mitsubishi could have used less space for the muffler and more for a proper spare but the reality is how often are you going to use the spare? I'd rather save my cash and use the narrow one to get me out of trouble or call road side service if I need them and have a bigger boot the rest of the time. That said if I had a EVO or RA I'd probably opt for a full size allow spare in the boot.

That's about it for now, over all it's a good car and a great upgrade from the CC coupe, 16 years older.
Last edited by Lancer1993 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

byzon3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby byzon3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

MMCS wont let you type in an address for GPS when the car is moving- Ok safety feature.10 Times more annoying when the passenger is not even able to use the MMCS.

Bluetooth is crappy as it doesn't come out from all speakers- should have the choice of setup

Bluetooth is crap for contacts on the MMCS is cant sync them you have to download 10 at a time

Boot lid- cant open the boot properly. Poor design overall. Don't really want to use my spoiler as a handle

Cup holder too small and too shallow- useless as bottles fall over

for a $70,000 Evo x MR no electronic seat adjustment....really?!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 pm

How did my list get so big LOL

shadow-vex wrote:For those wanting to change the sound of the indicator but dont know where it is: if u go to the settings menu go down till u see a triangle with the numbers 1 and 2 and the number 1 will have a box around it, showing its using option 1 for the indicator noise

The indicators should have been on my list, quite and sometimes don't self cancel.

Where is the setting menu, I'm new to the CJ.

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 pm

1: A pillar blocks corners, intersections and crossings 9 times out of 10
2: Woeful "trip" computer if it can be called that, my old magna had 4 times the functions of the lancer
3: Wing mirrors can't be trusted as everything is closer than the mirrors let on, big blindspot due to the B pillar, but probably used to the magna having thinner B pillar and frameless windows
4: No lights in glovebox and storage bins in front of gearshift
5: Storage bins in front of the gearshift basically useless, very front one is half taken up by something, haven't investigated what yet
6: The piano black trim on the doors and dash, impossible to keep clean and shows up fingerprints\smudges very well
7: Crappy footrest, all flimsy and no support, the alloy cover helps a bit, but $180 for it?
8: Limited settings on the MMCS for the MY15 models, no ETACS at all can be changed from it
9: MMCS takes an age (upto 2 minutes) to start playing from the IPOD connected via the glovebox USB. Changing track takes too long and the songs don't start off where they stopped, sometimes can hear the same song start over 3 or 4 times depending on amount of stops on trips.
10: Cruise control doesn't work in sport mode on the SST
11: Won't complain about fuel economy, I did get an RA... down to about 14\100 now so happy with that, best economy I've had in a car I've owned!
15: Cheap interior, no lumbar adjustment on seats. Magna interior felt far more quality, though at least the lancer has "auto up" drivers window!
16: Stupid seatbelt beepers when starting the car
17: "key not detected" message sometimes when passenger gets in and closes door.

Overall it's an ok car and will enjoy playing with it later on down the track, finance company only wants just under 10k for it in 5 years after lease is up, so cheap fun at that, where else could you get a 5 year old RA for under 10k.

Ashchop
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Ashchop » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:08 pm

Its front wheel drive, well my type is
2010 Lancer VRX 👌

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:20 pm

I like FWD, if you can't get into a AWD Lancer.

Don't know how many times I've seen some kid in a RWD ute or sedan gun it at a roundabout or turning at the lights only to loose it a few seconds later.

SX2BU
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SX2BU » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:58 pm

The reverse beeping... the worst.

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 pm

SX2BU wrote:The reverse beeping... the worst.

I like how it "detects" ghosts, it beeps it's head off, look at the screen... nothing, move a few cms it's happy again.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm

I could really use a rear camera system, not had the car long but at times I back up as far as I dare and think I'm right on the other car but get out and find I'm still 1/2 a meter clear.

I guess upgrades for camera and senor systems like that can cost a lot on older CJs?

Return to “General Talk”