***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 am

can't believe that after 18 pages that no-ones mentioned the cars biggest floor

the BAGERK speedo, i mean it out by atleast 7km/h, come on, f*s

other things,
drivers door rattle got worse after that dubstep song came on the radio. (where do you get that dynomat? stuff or whatever you use to fix it)
the cvt drone when its in drive, i want my old commodore auto back.
fuel economy, slighty disappointing but better then my old car.
fuel warning light, st*u
cruise control, should have tried that during the test drive.

just some nitpicking
its ability to flick mud on itself.
it was raining when i picked it, so its all dirty and its only done 300ks.
the usb input being in the glove box, geezi have to run the around the back to charge my phone.
the indicator flashing the highbeams every second time i use it.
that fuel filla cap thing, f*s
the fact there are so many of them around town, mostly silver and driven by old people, makes me cry.

although. things i like
love using the gearshift system on the cvt
the leather steering wheel cover.
for the size of the motor it goes quite well.
all the safety features.
the road noise not being to bad, unlike dads 08 es where its biblical.
the look of the car, it looks nice, will look better with the black slimline no. plates im getting.
Last edited by ThatCJLancer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

damion
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby damion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh yeah, speedo is out by about the same amount on my new ASX too!

Maybe Mitsu do it as a "service to the general public" to try and reduce the chance of speeding?......

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:36 pm

all new cars speedos are out, so thats normal.

but damn Dave, sounds like you hate just about everything on the car, so why get it

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

ThatCJLancer wrote:cant believe that after 18 pages that no-ones mentioned the cars biggest floor the [color=red:cf605ce6b2]BAGERK[/color:cf605ce6b2] speedo, i mean it out by atleast 7km/h, come on, f*s other things, drivers door rattle got worse after that dubstep song came on the radio. (where do you get that dynomat? stuff or whatever you use to fix it) the cvt drone when its in drive, i want my old commodore auto back. fuel economy, slighty disappointing but better then my old car. fuel warning light, st*u cruise control, should have tried that during the test drive. its ability to flick mud on itself. it was raining when i picked it, so its all dirty and its only done 300ks. the usb input being in the glove box, geezi have to run the around the back to charge my phone. the indicator flashing the highbeams every second time i use it. that fuel filla cap thing, f*s the fact there are so many of them around town, mostly silver and driven by old people, makes me cry. although. thing i like love using the gearshift system on the cvt the leather steering wheel cover. for the size of the motor it goes quite well. all the safety features. the road noise not being to bad, unlike dads 08 es where its biblical. the look of the car, it looks nice, will look better with the black slimline no. plates im getting.

if you hate it so much sell it and buy your commonhore back, because you don't see many of those on the road do you :roll:.

Really what did you expect for 20k, the SX is only the poverty pack ES with a couple of bells and whistles added.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 pm

err.........nothing I love my RA

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

tbh some of it doesn't really bother me i just got worked up over the speedo, only realised after i was repeatedly flashed by hyundai excel on the highway so checked it out against a gps.

the drivers door can be fixed and pretty sure the guy at the dealership broke one of clips and i more pissed off with him then the actual car.

some of it was buyers regret, others were little gripes that can be fixed by changing my driving habits.

i actually love the car, i wanted one since 2007, it was the only car in my price range that i could bring myself to drive. Perhaps i was expecting to much of it.

as for conformadore, tbh, i hated it, i only liked the aftermarket stereo, but chucking $100 worth of fuel in it every-week was getting annoying.

i have adjusted my post to reflect how i actually feel

Jarryd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jarryd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Some things I don't like:

- Footwells are too damn shallow. Very difficult to get comfortable without having the chair too far away from the steering wheel...

- Thin paint...

- The freaking car beeping constantly when you open the door with the key in 'ACC'. So annoying...

Despite this, I actually do love my car...

ThatCJLancer wrote:tbh some of it doesnt really bother me i just got worked up over the speedo, only realised after i was repeatedly flashed by hyundai excel on the highway so checked it out against a gps.

My GPS says that my speedo is out by 10%... The thing is, that when I'm doing any speed it's the same as what everyone else is doing, so I don't know what to trust...

ThatCJLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ThatCJLancer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Jarryd wrote: [quote:ba4d13397b=ThatCJLancer]tbh some of it doesnt really bother me i just got worked up over the speedo, only realised after i was repeatedly flashed by hyundai excel on the highway so checked it out against a gps.[/quote:ba4d13397b] My GPS says that my speedo is out by 10%... The thing is, that when Im doing any speed its the same as what everyone else is doing, so I dont know what to trust...

using the speedo on an average gps is really only accurate when you travel on a level road in a straight line for couple k's, my old car was out by 2-3k's, which i checked against 2 gps and went past cop cars on the fwy doing 116kmh but never got flashed, fined, pulled over or anything.

Jarryd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jarryd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

using the speedo on an average gps is really only accurate when you travel on a level road in a straight line for couple ks]

Yeah, I got the 10% figure from driving on straight, flat roads. The difference between my speedo and GPS seems too large , so I just follow my speedo.

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

According to the speed things on the side of the road and that my car is 3 kms under the right speed. Hubbies Craptiva is out by 3 as well. All new cars are out by between 3 and 5 km/hr apparently. My 121 Bubble is right on the money. That's why I go past everyone. They're doing less than the actual speed.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:33 am

The TomTom I used before indicated 100 kph while speedo was reading a bit higher. I followed the GPS and when I went through a (rare) speed checker on the freeway, it did indicate 100 as well.

The GPS seems to be a bit more accurate, but at the end of the day, actual speed is no rocket science, which makes the 2 kph tolerance in Victoria just plain ridiculous.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:24 am

The rattle in the pillars where the seat belts retract into is REALLY getting old. Anyone else got this rattle?

Jarryd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jarryd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:06 am

Bags wrote:The rattle in the pillars where the seat belts retract into is REALLY getting old. Anyone else got this rattle?

Not me. My car is rattle free. *touch wood*

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 am

I've pulled off every panel in my car and the only creaking I get is in the back near the parcel shelf.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

goatio
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby goatio » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:23 am

no rattles ,66.000kms
mods 2 date =
k&n h/f filter
darkest legal tint
avanti tallons 18/8"
federals ss 235/40