***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WORST DRIVING WITNESSED WHILE SITTING IN YOUR LANCER?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Unkynd
INACTIVE Member Account

WORST DRIVING WITNESSED WHILE SITTING IN YOUR LANCER?

Postby Unkynd » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 pm

What's the worst display of driving you've witnessed while sitting in your lancer? Or pehaps you want to own up to something you've done in your lancer? Let everyone else know the crazy things others get up to on the roads out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, Brisbane has been quite rainy, not that it's an excuse for this absolutely terrible driving I witnessed.

An old indian dude in a white VW polo was sideways in the queue for the lights at the end of Herston Rd, as you go onto Kelvin Grove Rd (there's a fish and chips shop on the corner). God only knows why he was sideways, probably performing an illegal U-turn.

Light turns green and he continues in his U-turn path, but his turning circle is too wide.. and he ploughs straight into the gutter. **SCRRRRAAAPPPEEE**.

So what does he do, reverses back out the same line and tries again, this time with more speed... and **SCRRRRAAAAPPEEEEEE**. What a tool.

LEARN TO DRIVE!

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm

when it rains in brisbane it seems like everybody forgets how to drive....

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:30 pm

i find people who sit way to close to the steering wheel annoying. i suppose they want to know what the steering wheel would taste like at 60kmh =\
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Well because I live in the bush and cops are few and far inbetween I see a lot of stupid stuff. Fastest I've had my VRX is 170km/hr, The RA 220Km/hr on a bumpy road (this is all while keeping an eye out for roos and cows). Now the main road to town (200km run) pretty boring and the cops book about 500 people a week for various offences on it I usually sit on 120km/hr. This one time I'm sitting on 140 cause its late and I get overtaken by a 4WD 30kms down the road the 4WD is in the ditch on its roof.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

Deano1964
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Deano1964 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 pm

tadz0rz wrote:i find people who sit way to close to the steering wheel annoying. i suppose they want to know what the steering wheel would taste like at 60kmh =\

+1

Didn't see this in my cj.....i saw my mate rip a burnout in the middle of city rd in Melbourne in peak hr....was quite funny!

Worst thing i have seen....
a guy in a vl commodorre hit a pole at 120kmph on princess hwy
in clayton, melb.
Pole Ended up in his dash....he survived.
Was right next to his car when he hit the pole so i saw the whole impact
close up. Was quite shocking.
I am going to be joining the police force in the next 2yrs so
probably gonna be seeing lots of things like this! lol

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 pm

deano1964 wrote:
tadz0rz wrote:i find people who sit way to close to the steering wheel annoying. i suppose they want to know what the steering wheel would taste like at 60kmh =\

+1

Didn't see this in my cj.....i saw my mate rip a burnout in the middle of city rd in Melbourne in peak hr....was quite funny!

Worst thing i have seen....
a guy in a vl commodorre hit a pole at 120kmph on princess hwy
in clayton, melb.
Pole Ended up in his dash....he survived.
Was right next to his car when he hit the pole so i saw the whole impact
close up. Was quite shocking.
I am going to be joining the police force in the next 2yrs so
probably gonna be seeing lots of things like this! lol

It really annoys me those people who sit so close to the wheel, i see LEARNERS doing it. Ive honestly tryed to drive like that. Imposible, especially driving manual. When i tryed it in the manual, everytime i let out the clutch, my knee would hit the pannel thing under there.

You just have no control being that close to the wheel, its so dumb. When i went into a cop shop, i dunno how it came up but he said thats the way your meant to drive n i was like wtf. how can something so uncomfortable be the right way to drive.

Deano1964
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Deano1964 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:50 pm

The way people are supposed to drive is they have to be approximately just under an arms length from the wheel. What you have to do to measure the correct distance from the wheel is, u put ur arm out and if ur wrist (bout where the hand and wrist join) sits on the top of the wheel then u are at the right distance. Both VicPol and Murcotts Advanced Driving Recomendations

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 pm

yeah thats what i have read. good guidance rule

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm

well some people actually have to sit that close .. for example if they are small or have short legs and can barely reach the pedals it might not be correct and look stupid but thats the only way they can drive properly...

for people who don't have that problem and drive like that then yes they have something wrong with them.. duno why it annoys you because its them driving not you :)

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm

lol well, if you notice, race drivers are pretty close to the wheel but i dont think they really have to turn the wheel 2 revolutions to make a corner, the have to make more precise turning. not sure if im completely correct or totally wrong.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Was sitting in my car waiting for some your indian lady trying to park next to me.... after literally 3 mins i beeped my hown and flashed telling her to fck off so i can get out.... I was scared for my car.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 am

Speedie wrote:Well because I live in the bush and cops are few and far inbetween I see a lot of stupid stuff. Fastest I've had my VRX is 170km/hr, The RA 220Km/hr on a bumpy road (this is all while keeping an eye out for roos and cows). Now the main road to town (200km run) pretty boring and the cops book about 500 people a week for various offences on it I usually sit on 120km/hr. This one time I'm sitting on 140 cause its late and I get overtaken by a 4WD 30kms down the road the 4WD is in the ditch on its roof.

was the occupant OK?? Speedie!

i have seen some weird shite out there....
but i seen this really weird thing not long back, i was driving down the hume hwy coming home from work at about 3 in the morning.
I was approaching the Mecarno Set near Lansvale when i stoped at the lights behind this white van.
All of a sudden these 2 cop cars come from behind, fly in and hit the brakes,
2 cops in each car get out pulling their guns and screaming at the driver to get out!.....i shit myself and just could not believe what was happening......
they were all screaming to the driver to get of the van......then all of a sudden this guy jumps out of the van...and they jump on him.....

now i know to the guys in the states, that is nothing......
but in Sydney....i have never ever seen the coppers pull there guns out ever.......far out and funky!

Unkynd
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Unkynd » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:13 pm

HAHA Ozie, that's awesome, I thought their guns were 'just for show' cuz I too have never seen one drawn.

As for people sitting close to the wheel I can top that. Asians - no offence to our asian members, but I just have to report on this one.

I've seen it a few times, as I live in a predomanently asian suburb.

It's mostly the women who I've now come to realise MUST be allergic to the sun, because there is no logical excuse why they would be so stupid and limit their visual field whilst driving, it's got to be illegal.

The basic set up is:
- Long arm gloves (I've also seen your ordinary gardening variety)
- a Bonnet, yes one for your head, so that you can only see what's directly in front of you.
- surgical mask (like the ones seen on the news during the SARS outbreak)
- sunglasses
- curtens installed -- ALL windows, just like a campervan! Usually though just the back window curtains are drawn.

- AND sitting WAYYY too close to the wheel.

God help anyone who dares to drive through my suburb -- although it's cheaper than paying for defensive driving lessons.

Panther4B11
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Panther4B11 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Let me guess you live in the Sunnybank - Macgregor - Runcorn area right?

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Ozie wrote:[
now i know to the guys in the states, that is nothing......
but in Sydney....i have never ever seen the coppers pull there guns out ever.......far out and funky!

A mate of mine was travelling in his red ealry 90s Celica in the Liverpool area (Hume Hwy i think) and he went past a unmarked car which apparently put its lights on and chucked a u turn (lighting the tyres up in the process) he's pulled over, they pulled up in the lane next to him and their nose was half way alongside his car, immediately they have jumped out, one has drawn the gun and the other has ripped him out of his car and slammed him onto their bonnet and cuffed him. Within a min or so another half a dozen cars have turned up and one's said nah thats not the car.

So why did he get pulled over? Because there was apparently a hold up near by and the getaway car was a red commonwhore....like how you confuse a common whore with a sillycar i dont know :? In the meantime the real offenders would have been laughing because they got a free run away!

Oh and he wasn't even offered an apology.... I told him to lodge a complaint but he didnt.

Return to “General Talk”