***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

To change or not to change...

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

To change to the mx-5 or not

MX-5
18%
Lancer
82%

Total votes: 11

klvru
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby klvru » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:51 pm

funnyfi wrote:Hey man, im happy you went that way! Im actually a Honda person at heart..sorry to hijack etc. but im in the same situation as the OP! I was wondering (OP) did you get your lancer brand new? Also did you trade in your lancer or private sell? Im on my fulls now, but I have been looking at getting a DC2R... Always have wanted one. My heart says yes! But my head says...a new car for an old one?! However I was hoping to sell my car before it depreciates anymore (2010 vrx with around 16000kms..) FML any more insights?

Yea I am happy too!! I'm always a fan of the Type R :)

Nah I did not get it brand new, so there's not much difference to me in getting the used fn2r :) IMO it looks better inside and out :) I considered getting a DC5R as well

I would suggest you selling your car privately, you can get 2-3k+ extra! Unless you are in a hurry in selling it and getting the other car else private would be better despite the hassle.

In QLD a mint condition DC2R is around 15-20k, but could you live with how it looks inside? I mean it could be mint, but the interior is still rather old. Why not DC5R? :) For DC2R, I love the one with flat front headlight not the round one lol

And the lancer do depreciate very quickly! When I bought it, it worth 16,500 or so and now it only worth like high-mid 15s?

Slash wrote:I had my DC5R for 8 years, before selling it to by the Evo If I didnt have a need for 4 doors and 5 seats I would still have it! Almost built a FD2R.. would have cost me around $50k all up.. then the GFC hit and the price hit $100k.. the Evo looked like the better decision! :)

FD2R FTW!!! I love the FD2R, I sat on my friend's one back in Malaysia and the ride is bloody firm!!!

Yea EVO is definitely the better choice! Equally or more fun as the type Rs

Dire wrote:Congrats Kelvin It it the hatch or sedan? I dont think Ive seen a sedan type R (FD2R) before :? Im guessing you got it from a dealership and traded the lancer in? I spent so much time trying to say youd be fine in a FR though! :lol:

It's the hatch. Will grab some pics of it after I get it for full detailing :)

As far as I know, is difficult to get the FD2R in Australia as it does not follow the Australia's regulation or some sort unless you own the car in other country for a year or two etc then you could import it in.

Nah I sold my car and bought the FN2R from a private seller :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:yea i know :P I would definitely get an FR when I can, as a second car :D When are you getting your s2000?? hah

Slash wrote:There are a few in australia now... I saw one in the city not that long ago. I would love to get my hands on a Mugen RR (upgraded version of the FD2R)..,. Only 300 ever made, sold out in less than 10 minutes... prices is crazy high though compared to the standard FD2R.. $30k vs $50k [img:c661309852]http://www.thetorquereport.com/civic_type_rr-thumb.jpg[/img:c661309852]

Mugen RR :D :D I highly doubt you can get one in Aus lol

Mugen version of the fn2r and if I can recall correctly, the bodykit itself cost 5,000 AUD :roll:

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:13 pm

I've always like the shape of the DC2R more..especially the JDM front lights like you said! I think in the future if I do sell my car, I'll have to part out like you did too. (sigh..hassle)

They don't allow import of the FD2R because the FD2 chassis has already been released here, the rule is you're not allowed to import if the shape was locally released (for example a Toyota Altezza which equiv. was Lexus IS200). But I have seen many people try to pretend to be FD2R haha.

Hope you enjoy your new car!

Return to “General Talk”