***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The Veloster

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Momengah
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Momengah » Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm

hahaha i like that ad! Definitely needs a more powerful engine though

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Leez wrote: As for Kias, my father and I had a Kia Mentor for 11 years and not ONE problem! Theyre not that bad

Good on Ya Aaron, way too much Kia Bashing goes on, these comments are made by People who have Tunnel Vision and go by what they are told by others, without ever owning one.
I Had a MY2000 Kia Shuma 1.8 for 5.5 Years & 87,000ks, same as you Not a Problem at all not even a Belt or Light Globe, still on Original Brakes, Rotors, However Timing Belt was coming up for replacement @ 90,000ks, This is when they were supposed a crap car
BTW Traded that for a MY2005 Cerato, again Faultless and would buy Kia Again :D
Mr H.......So Cool

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Try fit someone tall in the back, trick is to get them in with the boot open then close it and see how much shorter they come out, they look alright but are meant for short ppl. Apparently the game on the radio is supposed to be "fun"

OHH YEA!!!!

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

The 2000 excel runabout that I bought for a grand is awesome... Funny how they are being bashed on a Lancer forum when quite a fair chunk of the new models share engines with the Lancers, as did the Excel for that matter ;)

Hyundai, and Kia are no longer the bargain basement cars, and they charge accordingly. They have improved their build quality and safety 10 fold. It is amazing how much better that they can build a car when they charge more.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Sat May 26, 2012 7:58 pm

who was it that had to recall most of it cars sold in the last 10 years, oh yeah it was Rolls Royce http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/ ... 6338164286

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat May 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Current Model Kia's & Hyundai's have the same World Engine 4B11 & 4B12 as found in our Lancers.

Surprise Surprise :shock:
Yep .... go and lift the hood on a Hyundai I30 & I45, KIA Cerato & Sportage.

KIA's were originally equipped with Daewoo Engines & Transmissions and consequently suffered badly via constant reliability probs.

Then, when Hyundai purchased KIA 6-7yrs ago, they began equipping them with 4B** World Engines.

Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised AspiRe 2.4L
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 pm

It's another winner from Hyundai. I like their attention to detail by placing the third door on the right side where some Euro manufacturers even fail to orient their wipers properly. If not for the torsion beam rear suspension, it would have seriously been on my list.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:33 pm

BlackBetty wrote:[quote:a1489beb68=Leez] As for Kias, my father and I had a Kia Mentor for 11 years and not ONE problem! Theyre not that bad[/quote:a1489beb68] Good on Ya Aaron, way too much Kia Bashing goes on, these comments are made by People who have Tunnel Vision and go by what they are told by others, without ever owning one. I Had a MY2000 Kia Shuma 1.8 for 5.5 Years & 87,000ks, same as you Not a Problem at all not even a Belt or Light Globe, still on Original Brakes, Rotors, However Timing Belt was coming up for replacement @ 90,000ks, This is when they were supposed a crap car BTW Traded that for a MY2005 Cerato, again Faultless and would buy Kia Again :D

I had a 2003 kia rio for my first car. The timing belt went at 75,000kms and the pistons completely stuffed up my motor, had to have a new one put in, fixed it and sold it when I bought my lancer. Parents have a 05 cerato and that seems to be fine, very cheapish gear stick etc and I find the accelerator to be nothing like my lancer. But they like it, so they are happy customers.

I really like the Optima, I think it's one of the nicest looking cars going around at the present.

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

My sister has a 2006 Kia Rio, never had any major issues. Not taking sides, couldn't care less. Just saying.
VG/Ultra Racing/Whiteline/Work/Ralliart/Supercircuit/Cosworth/Pioneer/BC/Recaro

Return to “General Talk”