***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Another CJ off the road

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Blakey wrote:lol its obviously a write off, look at it lol.

Yes, I can see it is a write off.. But once again my point it they say it is not a write off...

So it wasn't examined by insurance or they are lying.

If and when they answer my email, we will know.

sh00tr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sh00tr » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:57 pm

lol bring it to bankstown will be on the road in 3 days repaired n sprayed ahaha. all those dogy blokes in the factory areas.....i rekon theres more money in wreking the car to us lol... the tail lights ahah

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 am

Bugger that....

Don't think anyone will pay 5K for it... Pickles auctions has these going for 4K with less damage... someone's trying too hard to get rid of his/her most likely uninsured 'write off' (which he/she claims to not be a write off :P)

-EXALTD-

EDIT: I could use a left rear quarter panel and left rear door.... :) I'm currently looking at that still... I might just repair the door myself as I've been taught how to and it isn't badly damaged or too difficult, however I still do need a rear quarter panel :)

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 am

seems like someone made a bid? :o

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 am

Interesting... someone bid for it... hopefully it's nobody from this club :)

Must be some panel beater or someone who knows CJ Lancers :P Or someone who really, really needs/wants parts and is prepared to get ripped for it :)

-EXALTD-

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:54 am

exaltd wrote:Bugger that....

Don't think anyone will pay 5K for it... Pickles auctions has these going for 4K with less damage... someone's trying too hard to get rid of his/her most likely uninsured 'write off' (which he/she claims to not be a write off :P)

-EXALTD-

EDIT: I could use a left rear quarter panel and left rear door.... :) I'm currently looking at that still... I might just repair the door myself as I've been taught how to and it isn't badly damaged or too difficult, however I still do need a rear quarter panel :)

You do realise there is no rear quarter panel as such?

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Mashed! That car should be a write off, by my knowledge of such matters.

1. Airbags Deployed
2. Front geometry, just eyeballing the pic everything's 15+ degrees off the midline to the R/H side and that's not just the angle of the photo
3. the Engine looks like it's almost on the firewall
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Marsh
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Marsh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:12 pm

He doesnt exactly say its not a write off... just that its not on the Written Off Register. Most probably because it wasnt insured as someone said earlier. If it was inspected it would definitely be declared written off and placed on the register

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:58 pm

exaltd and SIR-VRX ~ A quarter panel would be a cut and weld job, but it can be done. It's actually in the service manual. I have an account with an OEM parts supplier here in the U.S. that sells the quarter panels for $442 USD.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Confirms that passenger side air bag comes from the top of the dash!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Bobcat_GTS wrote:exaltd and SIR-VRX ~ A quarter panel would be a cut and weld job, but it can be done. It's actually in the service manual. I have an account with an OEM parts supplier here in the U.S. that sells the quarter panels for $442 USD.

Yeah I know it is a cut and weld job, I was just pointing out to EXALTD that it's not a simple bolt on bolt off process like the front fender is. Should have been more specific.

Thanks bobcat

Bobcat_GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Bobcat_GTS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:03 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:Yeah I know it is a cut and weld job, I was just pointing out to EXALTD that it's not a simple bolt on bolt off process like the front fender is. Should have been more specific.

No worries. I figured you knew that, and you just wanted to make him aware of it also. Do you know if your dealerships or parts distrubtors there would sell the quarter panels? I would assume you could get all the same OEM parts there, but I'm always willing to help with anything that anyone would need form the U.S.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Bobcat_GTS wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:Yeah I know it is a cut and weld job, I was just pointing out to EXALTD that it's not a simple bolt on bolt off process like the front fender is. Should have been more specific.

No worries. I figured you knew that, and you just wanted to make him aware of it also. Do you know if your dealerships or parts distrubtors there would sell the quarter panels? I would assume you could get all the same OEM parts there, but I'm always willing to help with anything that anyone would need form the U.S.

Yeah they can get pretty much anything. Most body parts and panels are in stock at least at major distribution warehouses.

There are now cheaper knock off parts coming in from China etc like there are for other cars

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Thanks Bobcat_GTS,

Hehehehe, well, they do rip us silly here for OEM parts, I actually wonder how much a rear quarter panel is... and the cheap knockoffs... Anyone care to help on prices? Or should I get a quote on shipping to here :)

-EXALTD-

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Question was answered by the owner:

exaltd wrote:Thanks Bobcat_GTS,

Hehehehe, well, they do rip us silly here for OEM parts, I actually wonder how much a rear quarter panel is... and the cheap knockoffs... Anyone care to help on prices? Or should I get a quote on shipping to here :)

-EXALTD-

What is wrong with your rear quarter panel?

If it's only minor dents, far easier to just get it panel beated out man

Return to “General Talk”