***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superfly
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Superfly » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Thought of one more thing. Scratches in the tint caused by crappy window felt. New tint job basically ruined!! ARGH!!

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm

In line with everyone else -

- Interior noise (I have Jun 08 - may/may not have dampening)
- Cheap interior plastics (very scratchable around dash, already made several permanent marks in mine)
- Low end torque (though it certainly picks up in 3-4th)
- Pain is too thin
- No centre console lid in ES! Makes it useless!

Of course, these are just the things I don't like. Plenty of stuff to love.

The sad thing is many of the dislikes could easily be fixed by Mitsu, but the cheap price of the car meant something had to give. At least there's no compromise on safety, warranty and design of the car. Value for money is still top notch on these.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Ozie wrote:OK I have a CVT and i hate the moo sound when it is in in Auto mode.
Ya know, when I hired a 2008 ES late last year there was definately a cow on it's last legs in that CVT. I have a MY2010 now and I have not noticed the moo, the moo i think is gone. Off to moo heaven. I'll have to turn music off next time to validate my recollection.

My hates MY10 VRX Sedan CVT;
Aux input jacks - should have been recessed a little further in, because you can't close the flappy door when you have something plugged in as the RCA plugs protrude too far out.

Bluetooth - mutes music before you answer a call. just a loud tone would be enough. Also it "steals" your call as you're on the phone upon entry in the car and turning the key to ACC. Not workink fully with some model Nokia phones.

Alloy fuel door - has a rubber seal between the alloy ring and the body. When you get eager with filling up and over fill, you have a nice pool of ULP sitting in there which you have to manually remove with paper towels or what not. I would think a bit of a gap on the rubber at the bottom would have been intelligent to allow rain water or fuel to dribble out.

Rockford Fosgate - not remembering the AUX input select on getting back into the car and starting engine, default to radio, which is not to bad as it goes to FBi radio. I always have my iPod with me, would prefer to be left in AUX. *sigh*

Rear windshield - when it rains the water just sticks and beads up - making the visibility nex to nothing at night. Doesn't help have the VRX spoiler blocking out the headlights. I've removed the head rests so that helps, I just have to duck my head up or down to see over or under beyond the VRX wing. I would've loved a rear rally style wiper on the back! :D would look heaps cool too.

Air con - i usually re-circulate internal air, but when I switch between auto or manual fan speeds - it switched to external air intake. Though I think this might be fixable. Just have to read the manual. :)

Single door unlock safety feature - not a problem for me, but something a female friend asked me about if the lancer had. You touch the driver's door all doors unlock. you click unlock on the key fob and same thing. Should have a button to or key press sequence to enable this feature - then again this is a man's car afterall :) *waits for the onslught from the females*

No reach/telescopic steering wheel adjust, again not a biggie, but cheaper cars have that!

Plastics not scratch resistant. Maybe some armourall treatment might help!?

Car rides too high, should be 1" lower out of the factory. It would look better too.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I noticed when they gave me the brousure for the lancer, the red VRX they had on the fron was slammed to the ground!

Not to mention alot of the pictures in the brousure are all touched up aswell!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:18 pm

when i just want to "tap" the blinker it goes off 3 times when i only want it once

bungfritz
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby bungfritz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:21 pm

STACYS wrote:when i just want to "tap" the blinker it goes off 3 times when i only want it once

I wished mine blinked 4 times, cos it looks funny when i tap to overtake and the indicators have stopped flashing and im still in the middle of changing lanes.

STACYS

Postby STACYS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 pm

i like it just to go off once when sneakin in an out of traffic lol

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Re the Aircon automatic changing to recirc etc. Read the manual or my post in the "Did you know...?" thread. It is changeable.

Re the indicators: Your Mitsi Dealer can adjust the "courtesy flasher" to 1, 3 or 5 flashes ;) I find 3 is not enough, 5 is perfect.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:03 am

STACYS wrote:when i just want to "tap" the blinker it goes off 3 times when i only want it once

Just lock the signal light stalk then after one blink, cancel it manually.

bungfritz wrote:I wished mine blinked 4 times, cos it looks funny when i tap to overtake and the indicators have stopped flashing and I'm still in the middle of changing lanes.

My thoughts exactly. The driving book says you must signal about 5 seconds when changing lane. Blinking four or five times could have been better.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Things I dont like about Lancer:

-Gutless 1st gear. Especially when one needs to take off on an incline. #2 dont like hills. Neither did #1. Once its out of 1st its fine.

-Air con smell. Smells like something died in there. Not very nice at 5am in the morning when you need to defrost your front window.

-Indicator NOT going off when you make turn. Many times I been beeped and flashed for having my indicators on after making a turn. Biggest culprit being that turn into Albert Park Lake Drive in the city coming off Kings Way or whatever it called. Drove half way round that thing and my indicators were still on.. It needs to beep if it been on too long.

-Road noise. Nothing CD/radio cant fix.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:41 pm

STACYS wrote:i like it just to go off once when sneakin in an out of traffic lol

Ah yes you can, as I found out this evening on Epping Road.
Hold the stalk partially for 1 sec and it will only flash once.
Tap it quickly, will do the customary 3 flashes. :)
Already noted in 'did you know" thread.

slongdo11
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby slongdo11 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 am

Superfly wrote:Thought of one more thing. Scratches in the tint caused by crappy window felt. New tint job basically ruined!! ARGH!!

I AGREE!!!! after the first week of getting mine done (and yes, I listened and didn't roll them down for the first good week)...a big...no...HUGE scratch appeared on my passenger side.

It freakin stares at me every day now. (along with the 2-3 others that have appeared since...) Geesh...

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:49 pm

The felt omission, I should say, is a foul gesture by Mitsu. They equip higher models with privacy glass only to get scratched by poor materials.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

WallyD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby WallyD » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 pm

crankyfatcow wrote:Mine things are picky little ones. I don't like that the boot doesn't pop up a little so you have to stick your fingers under it.

I saw this surfing the forum and thought Id show you how I fixed it, quite simple realy. Just drill a hole on the spring loaded push part, place a bolt through it with a nut on either side of the newly drilled hole, then place one of those felt things that go on the bottom of chair legs so they slide.

Presto

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Lol i dont utilize my boot enough to justify that mod :P

Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Return to “General Talk”