***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Fitted a front lip and tail lights, the trunk will have to wait until summer (lights not entirely water tight)
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Did a pre-fit of my rear diffuser this morning, prior to the paint job:

Paul (from BodyKitsKingdom) offered to help with the installation and as usual, was getting fussy - only a couple
of mm gap on the corners, but he wanted to do a quick bit of fettling:

The diffuser will be getting rubbed & painted next week and should be on next Saturday!!!

*peace*
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Leave it white LOL
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Leave it white LOL
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 pm

I can't.

If I leave it white, I'll start adding red Mitzi badges everywhere!

I'm going to paint it the same colour as the car, so it looks like it 'belongs' - mind you, I saw a car with a matte-silver diffuser, and it looked pretty dam' good...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Your not going to paint it blue?
Paint it Black so it looks like normal
Blue will make everyone look at it and think it looks strange

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Tweak wrote:Your not going to paint it blue? Paint it Black so it looks like normal Blue will make everyone look at it and think it looks strange

How does "go stick your head back up your @ss" sound? - didn't ask for your opinion...

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Strictly speaking, I did this last saturday, but never took photos as I hadn't refitted the head-unit
fascia and dash trim (I was waiting for an LX head unit to test), so thanks to Brendan, Younis et al,
here's my 'new' VRX leather steering wheel and gloss-black trim (and of course, the climate-control: *peace*

Door trim:

(mind you, that gloss finish scuffs easily...)

Cheers!

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm

You got your leather door trims in the end? How's the LX unit? No navi but appears to work for you
Zaphod wrote:[color=black:eb79d33c15] . . [/color:eb79d33c15] Strictly speaking, I did this last saturday, but never took photos as I hadnt refitted the head-unit fascia and dash trim (I was waiting for an LX head unit to test), so thanks to Brendan, Younis et al, heres my new VRX leather steering wheel and gloss-black trim (and of course, the climate-control: *peace* [img:eb79d33c15]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1920231_10203024700164246_2035309098_n.jpg[/img:eb79d33c15] Door trim: [img:eb79d33c15]https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/l/t1/1966743_10203024699764236_1447859453_n.jpg[/img:eb79d33c15] (mind you, that gloss finish scuffs easily...) Cheers!

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Hey Akram!

The MY2014 (maybe MY2013 too) already come with leather door inserts as standard!

No Nav., but works fine; I'm looking at getting a third-party reversing camera installed - someone on here has posted the pin-outs for the back of the head-unit - I don't like the chunky bracket the OEM one comes with, there's some available that go into the spot where one of your number plate lights are, so they're pretty much invisible...

Has your stuff arrived from Younis yet?

:-)

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Zaphod wrote:[quote:b5b0552262=Tweak]Your not going to paint it blue? Paint it Black so it looks like normal Blue will make everyone look at it and think it looks strange[/quote:b5b0552262] How does go stick your head back up your @ss sound? - didnt ask for your opinion... [img:b5b0552262]http://oi49.tinypic.com/3yhhx.jpg[/img:b5b0552262]

Are you serious? Pull ya head In

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Very serious - keep your unsolicited comments to yourself.

If you want to delete your original post, I'll do the same and we can leave it there...

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Zaphod wrote:Hey Akram! The MY2014 (maybe MY2013 too) already come with leather door inserts as standard! No Nav., but works fine; Im looking at getting a third-party reversing camera installed - someone on here has posted the pin-outs for the back of the head-unit - I dont like the chunky bracket the OEM one comes with, theres some available that go into the spot where one of your number plate lights are, so theyre pretty much invisible... Has your stuff arrived from Younis yet? :-)

Nah not yet stuff to Perth takes a few extra days, was hoping Friday so I could put it in over the weekend.

Yeah I was reading the reverse camera DIY the one that goes next to license plate is certainly something to do for the future. I did order my evo spoiler from Mars though :)

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:44 pm

lantourismo wrote: I did order my evo spoiler from Mars though :)

Noice!

Is it ready-to-fit, or does it need painting first?

PM on it's way...

Tweak
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tweak » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Not deleting a thing. It was a Opinion..... Internet has them.It had no malicious intent, but you have jumped right to it being against you.

Return to “General Talk”