***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Warrenty - Check Light Error

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Make sure you log every thing how many times the code appears, How many times and what time you speak to some one. Even print the timing chain thread and us it all as eveidence, and since the code has popped up again go back to the dealer and have them fix it under warrenty. Also try to remember who you first made comment to at service centres about the car not operating properly.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Ok so just to be clear...
The $143 was for a diagnostics test...
If I had the error occure again i was advised id pay the $143 diagnositics test again!
THIS was NOT at any time stated as an express or service charge... i waited well over 2-3 hours for my car to look at and was advised it was going to be a wait for it but was never offered at any time any currtisy bus to my work even though those around me were... (Poor service in my opinion)....

I did ask and protest to why it wasnt under warrenty and there statement was the error was there previously and isnt there now, the car runs fine and doesnt have any problems showing up (ONCE THEY HAD CLEARED THE LOG)...

They then said that it would be X amount of dollars because of the diagnostics test and said it wasnt a warranty fault with the car even though there was obviously an issue.

They are a Ralliart Dealership and service center.

They also stated they had NEVER come accross the issue and never even heard of the issue and said it would take WAY to much time for them to INVESTIGATE on what the issue is IF THERE EVEN is and Issue with the car....

They advised me that if i had a problem with it in the future to take it to another dealer because they did not have the time to deal with this Issue...

I again protested the fact there was obviously a reason why the Check light came on and asked why it wasnt a warranty claim considering they did have to reset the computer they again just kept repeating that NO MATTER where you GO you will ALWAYS be CHARGED the DIAGNOSTICS FEE.... WEATHER it be a WARRANTY claim or NOT...

The light has since come back on it is now going to go to another Dealer because i will NEVER return to that dealer/service center....

I have done nothing to the engine minus an air filter... last i checked they are rended useless....

i have already rung MMA and they have advised me to call the service center manager in which they will explain why i was charged this fee....

I was also advised that if the error does come up again and it does turn out to be a warrant issue that i will not ever see my money again as it was a diagnostic fee and as far as they were concerned the car wasnt doing anything wrong even though i am still having idle issues and the Check light is back...

Job well done by Mitsu...

Hope this answers all your questions

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:27 pm

The more information you have stating that you had approached mitsubishi dealers with your rough idle concerns the better your case is when you take it to fair trade. As you stated they have charged you for resetting the computer not investigating months of problems.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 pm

ok so i took the car to a different dealer this morning just because it has to be the closest to were the car broke down, NRMA couldnt do much there computer wasnt compatable with the car or something or other but hey the bloke was nice and really gave me some insight.

anyway,

I got a call not long ago saying its the same issue and on there computer when they checked the error code it comes up with something along the lines of, IF and When this error occures do NOT under any circumstances continue to drive the car, it will be at your own risk. Please contact Mitsubishi Australia straight away for further details as this is a warranty and fault issue with the car...

P0012 sounds like a fun trick

Anyway they rung me and explained everything saying that the other dealer NEVER should have let the car leave the shop etc and that it will be in there till friday and they dont have a loan car for me to take for the time being... AWESOME! thanks man ill start walking the 60kms to work a day... anyway thats not there fault but i will annoy them about getting a loan car just purely because there isnt a train near where i work...

Anyway back to the point IF you do get this issue id be calling ahead and towing it there... the car is a b#*&@ to drive to be honest it felt really sluggish and just vibrating and yeah didnt feel to good at all to be honest...But then again depends on what mitsubishi center you go to... they could be likely to charge you $150 to look at it and tell you its fine even though the computer says otherwise....

In all seriousness though im glad that this dealer is fixing it, i dont think id want those other guys to touch it and yeah i have had troubles with the dealer that has had it now but they have sure as hell won me back with there honesty and committement to telling me what is actually going on.

I will keep you guys posted but more or less they have to change the timing belt and do some other stuff from what they said on the phone so we will have to see how it goes.

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Just had a good read of that... gives me a bit of insight for when mitsubishi call me back and ask me whats wrong with what they did on monday... they are in for a treat

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:25 pm

If only you can get the new dealer to put what they said in writting

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:50 am

Can we name and shame the dodgy dealer involved or is this not within the spirit of ClubCJ forums?

I'm new to Mitsubishi don't know which are the good service agents and which to avoid.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 am

@ Chi No I Don't think it's ClubCJ 's Spirit to name & shame although other members can keep note them self's & try to stay clear from them ..... I have dealt with Mitsubishi at Wyong with 2 warranty claims and their service is excellent & as Ken said I too only get a No $ Invoice when the Job is finished :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

justin
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby justin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 am

BZC-45S wrote:Can we name and shame the dodgy dealer involved or is this not within the spirit of ClubCJ forums? Im new to Mitsubishi dont know which are the good service agents and which to avoid.

If you really wish to know im happy for you to PM me for more details etc but on a public Form i dont believe its something that should be done although i have heard ALOT of bad things about this Company/dealer....

Im just waiting to hear back about how its going now so yeah hopefully today i should get my pride and joy back without anymore problems :D

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 pm

justin wrote:If you really wish to know im happy for you to PM me for more details etc but on a public Form i dont believe its something that should be done although i have heard ALOT of bad things about this Company/dealer....

Thanks Justin. Yeah you're right coming forward and naming them directly esp after conveying your story would presumably open one to defamation lawsuits. But searching around - these forums and others, it's not hard to tell.

I sincerely wish you the best and hope your car gets fixed promptly and 'the good dealer' gets you back on the road again.

Return to “General Talk”