***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What DONT you like about your Lancer?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 am

Since we're on claims, best I've ever done in mine is 5.8L/100km with an average speed of 78km/h at 0400hrs in the morning during winter with a trip of 18kM. No traffic, freeway.

The Lancer's tripometer is harsher than most. The L/100km is very stringent in its calculation. I would encourage you to do a Litres filled Vs Distance travelled calculation with a program like Road Trip for the iPhone. I've monitored by driving for over 2 yrs now using the s/w and I'm doing about 9.2L/100km on alternating 91 and 95 unleaded fills. And yes I do have a very heavy foot and paddle shift whenever I want to pick up.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:46 am

Are any of these cars tuned?

Superlanboy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Superlanboy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Mine isn't, at least not yet anyways.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Bags wrote:Are any of these cars tuned?

Yes they are tuned.

Mitsubishi car management system is excellent.

It is just tuned very safely, that is all. It is tuned for a combination of economy and fuel omission.

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Tuned by creatd or similar I meant.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:02 pm

L/100 km is a meaningless figure.

km/l is real world fuel consumption.

Your fuel tank ( NA ) holds 59 litres.

So, set trip meter for km/l.

Then you can do a mental calculation for total distance per tank of fuel on the run ....

RKC
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RKC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:03 am

i dont know if its a fault with cj lancers but the rear suspension seems very saggy, even with hardened lowering springs (tein)

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:09 am

Coilovers ftw ...

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55 am

Well I get around 680-700 per tank. Always use bp ultimate.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:59 am

Bags wrote:Well I get around 680-700 per tank. Always use bp ultimate.

Has your car been tuned? Either way, I'd love to see your ECU ROM file.
and what kind of traffic are you driving in?

IF it's stock and you do urban driving, that's a freak!!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 am

I'm on about 9.4/100km using the trip computer long term figure i.e pressing manual option in the settings, mostly city driving. Can't get below 7 on freeway now unless I stick to 80kph. By no means the lancer is a small car but does chew more fuel compared to the corolla for example which could be lighter and also has a 1.8litre motor

Bags
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Bags » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

No it's stock and nearly all hwy driving for me. When I fill it the range will say 730 but always gets 40-50 less. Well I assume that as I usually fill it again around 60-80 dte

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Most of my gripes have been listed, some can be fixed though lol.

1. Cheap plastic door trims that are uncomfortable as armrests and very poor for a car promoted as the luxury model (Aspire).
2. Seats are uncomfortable for any decent trip. I regularly do a 230km drive with sometimes an instant return and no amount of changing the seat position etc helps. No lumbar support like even base magnas of previous generations or front/rear tilt on the base. I am not a big boy and the seat feels narrow, like it was built for a 5 foot japanese man with size 28 pants or smaller.
3. The climate control has a mind of its own, set to one temp, it just cant pick a constant, even when outer temp hardly changes.
4. The paint is the thinnest i've ever had on a factory finish. A friend does pre inspection at auctions and has found many of the models like ES's without side skirts look like they have been sand blasted on the rear doors and also states the paint is the worst he has seen among the cars he inspects in the current models range..
5. The gap between the engine and firewall is a recipe for disaster in regards to sound deadening and weight in front of the wheels.
6. Having to agree on the MMCS everytime you turn on the car, maps being so outdated even with an update, having to respond so many times to make a simple request like deleting a destination Press Menu>Route options>Destination/point>Delete>Would you like to delete>Yes, when audio controls cant all be used due to the concern you'll spend too long trying to change a setting. Changing a phone via blue tooth is just as silly with an extra response thrown in for no good reason. The rest of the issues are well discussed, being able to play DVD's is of no real purpose even sitting still as the seats are crap and the screen is at the wrong angle. Sun affects vision in alot of cases
8. Sunvisor on drivers side has never sat up on screen since new without falling down, tightening screws had no affect even though at 5,000kms one fell out.
9. Door rattles with speakers, will fix with tape or similar this weekend
10. Rims are probably too big for the car, great for aesthetics and wank factor, but ride is compromised (18inch plus ride has now become the norm so most dont notice).
11. The factory aerial has poor range unless a city drive near station, another aesthetics vs function derived issue.
12. The grille and front bar are floppy when pushed, grille can rattle on some good bumps.. Good for touch parking errors but always worried that the grille will fall off one day as it has some movement.
13. Cant tow more than 500km even if manual due to no strength in rear to cope, and towing harness needs relays in boot with the pickup point in the harness being just behind the rear seat. All you can hear in the back seat are the relays clicking away. (Cant blame that last part on factory I guess).

mcmusc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mcmusc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

my only problem is when you wash the car, and you take it out and it rains a touch, the whole car will stay clean except for that annoying flat bit under the boot lip, where it is flat -_-, dirt just sits there like a boss

jeffers
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jeffers » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 am

slight gripe not with the lancer drive but with my audio system. For some reason at the end of the song it seems to cut off the song by about 3 seconds not completing the whole song.

like i said slight gripe.

Return to “General Talk”